Forum:

Thread: Homemade recipes for dry skin

Banned from WH Array

Default Homemade recipes for dry skin

Dry Flaky Skin - Homemade solutions to dry flaky skin

Dry flaky skin is caused by overheating during the winter and air conditioning during the summer — contributes to dryness and itching to the skin.
    Causes of Dry Flaky Skin.

1. Living in Low humidity.
    2. Home heating.
    3. Rubbing or drinking alcohol.
    4. Certain chemicals and cleaning products which is not suited to skin.

Homemade solutions to flaky skin.

1. Use a deep-cleansing honey and almond moisturizing clay mask once a week after exfoliating. This helps maintain a clear complexion and honey and almond moisturizing face mask is particularly good for mature, sensitive, or dry skin.
    2. Rub half of an apple on skin to help even out the texture.
    3. Apply cream or good moisturizer before go to bed or sleeping.

Banned from WH Array

Nive tips for dry and flaky skin.I also have dry skin and i Definitely try these tips.

Junior Member Array

** Carrot mask. Grate two carrots, mix them with one egg yolk and apply the mixture to your face. Leave the mask on your skin for 20-25 minutes and then remove it with the help of a wet wad of cotton wool.
    ** Tomato mask. Mix a grated tomato with starch and add a bit of vegetable oil (olive oil is the best choice). Mix it once again, apply it to your face and keep it for 15-20 minutes. Then wash it off with warm water.
    ** Cucumber mask. Mix a tablespoon of cucumber juice with a tablespoon of sour cream and 20 drops of rose water. Apply a thick layer of the mask on your face. Remove the mask with the help of a warm towel and then clean your face with rose water. This mask is especially good for “tired” and fading skin.
    ** Potato mask. Peel one potato and boil it in milk. Mash it, apply on your face and keep it for 15 minutes. This mask will whiten your skin and smooth away the wrinkles.

**Removed outbound link**
    Last edited by LanaBear; 04-05-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array eleni's Avatar

oats. lots and lots of oats.

if your skin is dry everywhere cut off the foot and about half the leg of a pair of tights fill it with porridge oats, tie it up and put it in the bath with you, squeezing it out to make the water milky.

sounds really odd but my gran taught me this and it really does work!

edited - its also incredible for eczema, especially for children who love the way the water in the bath changes colour x
    'so why care for these petty obsessions? your designer heart still beats with common blood. and what if you could have genetic perfection? would you change who you are if you could?'

Junior Member Array

I love DYI type things and my favorite, by far is avocado mask because its so rich and moisturizing.

You take an avocado, cut it in half, I only use 1/4 though, remove the skin, mash it with fork until it becomes a paste, apply it to face for 20-30 mins and then rinse, your face will be left baby soft.

Banned from WH Array

You can try curd on face for dry flaky skin.

Junior Member Array juliemartin's Avatar

Its really been a very nice and informative post. I 'll try this recipe in this weekend. But i have one more question for you. Do you have any recipe for oily skin? If you have than plz share with us.

(edit)
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 04-11-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: outbound link

Banned from WH Array

Mine would be a recipe for hands..It's so dry the skin looks so old! Something I can make for the hands please...