Forum:

Thread: Chickpea facial mask for acne!?!???

VIP Member Array

Default Chickpea facial mask for acne!?!???

Hey everyone!

Has anyone tried a chickpea flour mask? Where do you buy it?
    I've heard it's great for people with oily skin and acne. I would love to try it but no sure what are the benefits.

Thanks!

Junior Member Array

I have never heard of the chickpea treatment, but I use retin A prescribed by my Dr. Not only does it help with acne but it diminishes fine wrinkles and sheds skin to have a healthy glow.

VIP Member Array

Thank you for the information. I think I'm going to ask my dermatologist about it. I'm currently taking pills and using 2 different types of prescribed gels. They seem to be working but my pores are still big and I've heard chickpea flour mask can help close/tighten them. Thanks!

VIP Member Array

Ok, so I got the correct recipe for this facial mask. You mix chickpea flour and TURMERIC powder with a little bit of milk to create a paste. Apply that paste to your face for about an hour and you can leave it overnight. This paste will help get rid of your acne and give you glowing skin. I googled the recipe before trying it and it most work because so many people have said great things about it. I tried it and saw a difference after the first use.
    WARNING: the paste will be hard once it's dry on you skin. Good Luck!

This sounds interesting, I might give it a go. I bought some organic tumeric but don't like the taste of it so have been wondering what I could use it for. Now I have something to try! (Leaving out the milk though, since I'm dairy-free.)

FYI, chick pea flour is also known as "besan flour", and is often used in Indian cooking, so if you have a local Indian grocery you might be able to find it there.

p.s. apparantly it's known as "gram flour" too!

VIP Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mayberry View Post
    This sounds interesting, I might give it a go. I bought some organic tumeric but don't like the taste of it so have been wondering what I could use it for. Now I have something to try! (Leaving out the milk though, since I'm dairy-free.)

FYI, chick pea flour is also known as "besan flour", and is often used in Indian cooking, so if you have a local Indian grocery you might be able to find it there.

p.s. apparantly it's known as "gram flour" too!
    I haven't tried this spice on food but I may try it also...just to see taste it.
    I believe the many searches I did.. you can mix Turmeric powder with coconut oil or jojoba oil. I use it with milk because the person who told me about the mask told me it works better with milk but I know you said you're dairy free... but you can try it with one of those oils.

Junior Member Array

I am going to try this and report back! My roommate is indian so she has both main ingredients and milk =D This is the first time I've heard of this.

Junior Member Array

I've never tried a chick pea facial mask before. Usually, I go to Lush - it's an organic (but super fun and yummy smelling) cosmetics co. I found them last time I was in Chicago. They have REALLY good face masks that feed your skin... and I don't break out at all when I am using them! I just have to make sure that I get up there to get some (I live a little south of Chi-town). Also, I use **Removed outbound link** and change my pillow case every night. I know that that sounds excessive, but I heard it worked so I tried it. I haven't had much of a problem since I've been doing that, so I'm not going to quit!
    Last edited by LanaBear; 03-15-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link

Junior Member Array

Oh shoot my link didn't work in the last post for **Removed outbound link**
    Let me know what you think!!!
    Last edited by LanaBear; 03-15-2010 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Removed outbound link