Forum:

Thread: A blonde biracial???

Junior Member Array

Talking A blonde biracial???

I'm caucasian/african american.
    My skin is on the lighter side...people say i look like a really tanned white person.
    If I dyed my hair really light blonde, even white maybe, would it look stupid on someone with a darker skin tone? I know it wouldn't look natural, i don't care. But would it look insanely stupid? I like to be bold.

OR

My hair is naturally jet black. If I had long side bangs over one eye and dyed them white/light blonde and my hair in a bobbed style (the rest not dyed, only my bangs)..do you think that'd look cool? Ive never seen it before. But I'm willing to try it. I'm willing to try anything.
    ^^^
    this is what i'm probably going to do. Just wondering how others would see it. Because I don't want plain black boring hair, I want some color but i don't rly want to dye my whole head and I've already tried highlights.

Thanks

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array GlassDaemon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh please, please, please don't dye it all blonde, I can't stand seeing dark skinned girls with blonde hair, I personally, think it looks ridiculous. The other one would be more of a personal fashion/style statement, that I wouldn't mind, perhaps even look nice, but I haven't seen you to be sure. I think it'd look cool to do a strip in the bangs, not all of them, but a thick strip in the middle. Dunno why, just came to me. XD
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    ~Sri Chimnoy Ghose

Blog Entries

I vote for the thick strip - not for thinking that blonde with darker skin looks silly, but for a more personal reason.
    Bleaching your hair blonde WRECKS your hair. It becomes very quickly impossible to deal with, and if you do it on your whole head without trying it out first, you're basically asking to get a buzz cut.
    Most drug store bleaches will not lift dark hair to a sufficient level (I have very coarse, dark hair for a Caucasian - it didn't work so hot for me.) Having highlights put in at the salon is prettymuch the only way to preserve your hair and get the look you want.
    Good luck
    Nature gives us shapeless shapes,
    Clouds and waves and flame,
    But human expectation is that love remains the same,
    And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.

Register|Contact Admin|Email Admin

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

yes, i totally agree with little. most bleaches just turn my hair this weird fluoro orange almost. i see stars like beyonce with it and i wonder how they do it, i am thinking wigs!!!

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by happy ending View Post
    yes, i totally agree with little. most bleaches just turn my hair this weird fluoro orange almost. i see stars like beyonce with it and i wonder how they do it, i am thinking wigs!!!
    Get it done at a salon and it'll come out perfect.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Do what you want to do! Mary J always looks stunning - although she doesn't go totally "blonde" - but heck, she's gorgeous, and doesn't keep to her natural hair color!

I think if you DO go to the salon, as you mentioned, the colorist will be able to steer you in the right direction - keep you and the hair happy!