Forum:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Underarm odor problem!

Junior Member Array

Default Certain Dri

I used to have a problem with wetness and odor, but I tried prescription-strength Certain Dri (a liquid roll on), which has worked FANTASTIC for me! Mitchum didn't work, the crystal stuff didn't work, but now I NEVER sweat under my arms. You put it on at night, let it dry, go to bed, and in the morning you're set to go for the day! They also have a Certain Dri A.M. that you can put on to stop some odor. Hope this helps.

Junior Member Array

Default undrarm order on oneside?

I just went to my Doctor and advise him of this -my left underarm ordor is SO BAD - I can almost puke! --like something crawled up there and died!!!!

He gave me a prescription- can't remember the name- will get it tomorrow and see what it can do-

I'm concerned and will get a secomd opinion-I'm 50 - is it harmonal? Cancer? - we will see - He's at a slump since it's only under my left arm..
    B

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kalashnikitty View Post
    Any suggestions for someone who doesn't so much have a problem with odor but with lots and lots of sweat? I have to choose the shirts I wear very carefully because I can get giant wet spots under my arms and certain colors/materials show up worse. I've spent so much time searching for something that'll help with this but haven't found anything yet. I find myself taping paper towels to my underarms when I have a fancy occassion. Haha.
    I'm coming to this discussion a bit late, but I used to have this problem. A few years ago, I used to sweat so much that my tops were soaked within minutes, and even black ones didn't hide it. This went on for months until I went to see a doctor about it. He recommended Mitchum deodorant, which I have been using ever since and this seems to have helped a lot. I do still sweat and when I don't use it, the problem is as bad as it was in the first place so it must be having a good effect!

Junior Member Array

Have you tried Clinical Protection varieties? They help those who need added odor and wetness protection.

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jess_DoveVisiblySmooth View Post
    Have you tried Clinical Protection varieties? They help those who need added odor and wetness protection.
    Such as?

DoveVisiblySmooth?

Advertising.

Dry powder style underarms do help more so than a liquid underarm deodorant.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

Thumbs up How To Get Rid Of The Ill-smelling Underarm Odor?

The underarm odor treatment method may divide into the following several kinds:
    Non-surgery law underarm odor treatment

1, X illumination efflux: Through the partial X light illumination, destroys the big sweat gland cut-off underarm odor to originate serves the purpose.

2, the laser deodorizes the law: The laser may urge the big sweat gland necrosis effectively, thus elimination underarm odor.

3, refrigerations: Through the partial freezing, is the big sweat gland suffers the destruction, dispelling body odor smell.

4, high frequency piquada electrolytic processes: Regarding the serious underarm odor patient, the electrolytic process treatment underarm odor is the good choice. Inserts the electrode to the hair-follicle root, causes the hair-follicle necrosis, the atrophy through the electrolysis, then destroys the big sweat gland. But the sweat gland which destroys is had the possibility regeneration, therefore completes one year or two years later uses this law to deodorize once mor.

5, seal injections: Pours into the armpit skin seal 95% ethyl alcohols with 2% Lidocaine intermixture, causes the big sweat gland to lose the secretion and the excretory function, is unable to produce the unusual secretion and the bacterial action, thus has shut off the way which the underarm odor produces, causes the underarm odor to be unable to produce. One week later must the duplicate injection treatment.

6, fragrant dew underarm odor treatment: On the one hand this round may sterilize the impediment body odor production, simultaneously may use’s fragrance neutral unusual smell, the special fragrant ingredient seepage skin, the long time retain in the big sweat gland root, deodorizes simultaneously leaves behind the simple and elegant fragrance.
    Pharmacological underarm odor treatment

1, partial smudges has, dry, the sterilization, the converging action medicine cleanly, like half a month clear underarm odor powder, half a month clear armpit dew and so on. Scratches the medicine outside in the armpit, the medicine seeps directly through the skin absorption to the infection – armpit big sweat gland, promotes the big sweat gland normal secretion, thorough elimination in vivo to be hot and damp, causes in condition which the underarm odor loses produces; Simultaneously the medicine ingredient can kill on the armpit skin the bacterium, suppresses the skin bacterium regeneration, causes the underarm odor to lose the external environment. The inside and outside concurrently governs, causes the underarm odor not to be suitable recurs. In the medication process, avoids certain foods Chinese medicines and so on hot pepper, wines, seafood so-called to send the thing again; Has undergone the surgery, the laser patient, should reduce the amount used, the extension medication time; The pregnant woman breast-feeding period woman uses cautiously.

2, partial medicament treatment body odor: Partial smudges the system perspiration and the disinfectant may eliminate the body odor effectively. Traces the aluminum salt chemicals educational system medicinal preparation in the armpit, may suppress the perspiration. Dries the armpit skin, traces the liquid medicines, the auxiliary use includes the disinfectant ointment, may be more effective.

I bought the Secret Clinical strength stick, because I perspire a lot during the day; the slightest temperature fluctuation affects me adversely. You apply it at night before bed (the pamphlet explains something about sweat and sleep, which I dont remember at the moment) and then you apply regular deodorant when you wake up, like you would on a normal day. I would say it has worked pretty well for me.

You could also talk to your doctor about a condition called "hyperhydrosis". My aunt had a surgery done in which her sweat glands were removed from her armpits, because she would sweat so badly.
    .:. if nothing changed, we wouldn't have butterflies.:.

Junior Member Array

I use to have this problem. You can try one of two things. You can first blow-dry your underarm before applying your antibacterial deodorant. Or you can see your doc and have him/her prescribe DRYSOL. This medication is used twice to three times per week before bedtime. It REALLY!! WORKS! I havn't had an odor problem for the last 8 years and I'm using tank tops again Hope this helps...

Banned from WH Array
    Blog Entries

Drysol works wonders... I agree with AJ....but to be sure about what really is the cause of your BO, visit your doctor....

I would also recommend home made remedies like squeeze a bit of citrus and mix with a bit of salt and apply to your under arm using a soft cloth...make sure that the salt is properly dilluted...

Hope this works

Junior Member Array

Smile Another sufferer here...

Hey guys, I hear you...I don't sweat excessively, but since I was a teen, I've had increasingly horrid underarm odor. (This is a long post but hear me out!) I always felt I was a relatively healthy person and that my diet and fitness choices supported that. But over the years, I've been diagnosed with all sorts of conditions and ailments from chronic fatigue, EB, psoriasis, depression, gluten intolerance, and the list goes on. Long story short, I figured something was wrong and that possibly, I was toxic LOL Seriously, between the amalgams in my mouth, the deodorants/antiperspirants I use, and my binging on all things sweet, gooey and gluten loaded (yeah, I know...not smart when you're allergic), I figured my lean frame might not be any indication of my overall health. So, I started looking into potential solutions...first I had all my fillings removed and replaced with composites...I looked into metal detox programs and there are a ton...I only did some for about a month and noticed my stuttering stopped (did I mention I stutter?) however, the hubbs & I are trying to get preggo again and so I had to halt the detox for a bit. Although I did feel somewhat better, my underarms still reeked. I was using the clinical strength deodorants but because they contain aluminum, I switched to organic/herbal varieties. I loved the idea that they were natural but unfortunately, they didn't work so well. I'm a stay at home mom so that doesn't phase me much but I was still hoping something else might work. Recently, I started exercising on my bike each day and as you might imagine, I smelled afterwards. To compliment my workout program, I started drinking peroxide (has to be diluted! 35% FOOD GRADE!) a few times a day to kill off any possible bad organisms in my body...also, I started drinking RAW apple cider vinegar with RAW honey before each meal. With these changes, the exhaustion is gone and I've felt pretty darn good. The reason I'm posting this is because it dawned on me that I hadn't showered in 2 days (I've been really busy...don't judge me! LOL) and I noticed for the first time since I was a teen, that I don't smell. Strange. I have no idea why but I suspect that both the peroxide and the vinegar are somehow responsible. I will continue my regimen and report back when the weather gets warmer...that'll be the true test! If anyone else is desperate like I was to smell fresh without toxic metals or strong fragrances, I def recommend giving this a try!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast