Forum:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Essure success stories ??

Junior Member Array

Default Essure success stories ??

I'm scheduled for the essure procedure on Wednesday. I've read thru the Essure Failure thread and it would be freshing to hear a positive story. If anyone has one, please share. There are only two choices for permanent sterilization; tubal ligation and essure. The Essure procedure sounds like the way to go for me.

Junior Member Array

Wink i guess my procedure was a success

Hi i have had it done back in april. it was great after just a bit crampy. they didnt tell me that i was going to bleed till after i was already bleeding tho so prepare for that and they told me it would only be a day or two but for me it was more like a week but i guess that just depends on your body. i was at the mall the same day feelin great.

I had my HSG in the begining of last month and it showed that everything was successful. i am very happy about that. i asked the doc what they do if it isnt and he was like "i never heard of it not being successful" i guess hes never been on here. but for me everything is blocked and no more babies.

i do want to tell you somthing tho and i have no idea if this is related to any of this or not but since i had my HSG i have been bleeding during sex and then bleeding for days after. i am going to the doctor on wednesday to see whats up, they told me over the phone it sounds like a palop which would mean its prolly not related. but you might want to ask your doctor about abnormal bleeding after the HSG just because we are goign to the doctor the same day and i wont be able to tell you my results.

i hope it goes well for you.
    good luck.

Junior Member Array

Thank you! Keep me posted on what you find out. Did you have it done in the clinic? I am having it done in the clinic because I'm afraid to be put to sleep. How was it during the procedure? I'm a little nervous. One of those things I just want to get it over with.

Junior Member Array

Default great

It was a great procedure. i went into a surgery center to get it done and they put me to sleep. i was being put to sleep as they were putting my legs in these HUGE stirups. they told me it only took about 11mins. but of course i was there longer cuz i had to go to the recovery room to wake up and everything. and thats when i was like "why am i wet down there" i was a little freaked out cuz no one told me i would be bleeding. but they were like "yea thats gonna happen". the only thing i could say that might be different cuz you arent being put to sleep is it might hurt a bit more cuz you wont be sleepin while they stick um up there. but honestly i was really happy with it. and i was really happy to know that it was successful. ill let you know what i find out about whats goin on with me. im scared now cuz i did some research on my symptoms and yea theres nothing good with whats goin on so i guess well see.

Junior Member Array

Talking

so i went today to find out why i am having this weird bleeding...the doctor thinks it has to do with the depo that i needed for the first three months of have Essure done. I havent have a shot since march tho. but he told me that the depo thins you and it takes a while to get out of your system. so he put me on the pill (not sure which one cuz he just kinda handed me two packs of samples) for two months and said that it will help me to get regular. He told me that if i have more problems than i need to come back. but he didnot think it was related to Essure at all, just the depo and he is the one who did the procedure and my HSG. so yes my essure was a success. and now i am lookin into egg donation cuz i cant use my eggs so why not give them away to ppl who can use them and get paid for it. LOL

So i hope everything is well and that your procedure goes good today. Good luck. let me know how it is.

Junior Member Array

Funmommy I am so glad to hear that.

Today I am sad...weepy. They couldn't do the procedure on me because my cervix was to tight and she couldn't get past it with whatever type of instrument she was using. I am so very sad. So I guess I will have the tubal now.

I do want to mention for anyone contempating this what to expect. (At least up to the part that I got to.) They had me come in an hour prior to the procedure. I signed consent forms and took a xanax. Next they gave me a shot in my tush for pain. They had me sit for a bit while all that kicked in. They brought me to a different room for the procedure. They then shot me twice in my cervix (or somewhere in there) to numb me (I think). My Doctor tried for about 40 minutes to make this work and it just wasn't working. NONE of this would I consider painful. A few parts made me twinge a little. My tush hurts a little from the shot, feels like a pulled muscle. Other than that everything they were doing was totally fine. The part that wasn't fine was going thru all that prep and walking away without the procedure done. But honestly, I think it was worth it as if this works for you, this is most definately the way to go.

Nothing today was painful. There was parts that made me twinge a little.

Junior Member Array

Wink awww

I am so very sorry that you could not get this procedure done. After hearing about all the women who have had problems after getting it done, it might not be such a bad thing. I however do agree that the essure is the way to go, for me at least, it was the perfect choice. I also did not have any pain other than some cramping and i was put to sleep for it. I have never heard about problems with the regular tubal tho, just about problems reversing it. so my advice to anyone who wants to have a tubal (wether the essure or the regular way) make sure you are 100 percent sure it is what you want.

did they schedule your tubal or do you have to wait for that? is it possible to try again for this?

again i am very sorry. i hope you feel better. cheer up!!!

Junior Member Array

Yeah I'm not going to try this again. The Essure lady that was there said they could give me some drug the night before that might cause some cramping but she's pretty sure it will 'open me up'. Not interested. So I guess now I'll go in for the tubal. I didn't want to do the whole surgery, put to sleep thing. This sounded so perfect and easy. The bummer is a situation like this they don't know if it will work till they are inside looking around. Oh well. Am sad. I haven't scheduled the tubal yet. I travel for work quite a bit and I will be traveling a lot till the end of this year. So it will probably have to wait till next year. I had some time here where I was home so I schedule this procedure and knowing that it doesn't take days to recoup. Oh well.

Junior Member Array

Default SassyChica

I think you should still try to have the procedure. My doctor gave me the pill that would open up my cervix. It was a very small pill and you just insert in your vagina the night before the procedure. I just had mine done in the beginning of October. Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by sassychica View Post
    Funmommy I am so glad to hear that.

Today I am sad...weepy. They couldn't do the procedure on me because my cervix was to tight and she couldn't get past it with whatever type of instrument she was using. I am so very sad. So I guess I will have the tubal now.

I do want to mention for anyone contempating this what to expect. (At least up to the part that I got to.) They had me come in an hour prior to the procedure. I signed consent forms and took a xanax. Next they gave me a shot in my tush for pain. They had me sit for a bit while all that kicked in. They brought me to a different room for the procedure. They then shot me twice in my cervix (or somewhere in there) to numb me (I think). My Doctor tried for about 40 minutes to make this work and it just wasn't working. NONE of this would I consider painful. A few parts made me twinge a little. My tush hurts a little from the shot, feels like a pulled muscle. Other than that everything they were doing was totally fine. The part that wasn't fine was going thru all that prep and walking away without the procedure done. But honestly, I think it was worth it as if this works for you, this is most definately the way to go.

Nothing today was painful. There was parts that made me twinge a little.

Junior Member Array

I had my Essure procedure done on October the 16th. All I can say is wow! I went shopping later that night with my hubby and kids and then on Friday shopping with friends and to a football game that night. I did have cramping and I took Midol instead of the darvocet that they gave me. It's Tuesday and I'm not taking anything now. Very mild and very infrequent little cramps every so often but nothing bad at all. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. If you have any questions just ask and I'll let you know how it went for me in detail.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast