Forum:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: nuva ring question

Junior Member Array

Unhappy Nuva ring side effects

Hey girls,

I have been on the ring for about a year and have had a mild discharge during the whole month. The smell is not great around the time of my period. other than that, not too bad. I think the ring can actually make everyone smell differently. It is a foreign object.

Besides that I have been really moody. It comes in waves but for the most part when it is that time, I cannot stop crying. I always feel better the next day and a bit embarrassed that I was sooooooo sad. Has anyone experienced the same moodiness/sadness on the ring? I have had a history of being very emotional on all birth control. Any suggestions?

Qtsusie

VIP Member Array

Default nuva ring

Hi my name is Jill Closs,
    I can't take and form of birth control bill I've tried several and every one I tried made me sick. But I did have a problem with my breast being sore so I take California . California evening primrose oil it really work you can get it at a health food store I get mine at Mother's market Any more question e-mail me at jacloss*cox*****. Thanks Jill Closs

Junior Member Array

Default Nuvaring Lawsuit

I would not recommend this to anyone! I have now been off of the nuva ring for approximately 2 months and I'm still experiencing bleeding during and after intercourse (off and on). Not necessarily RED and heavy all the time, but it's noticeable.I was contacted with an lawyer for help.NuvaRing Lawsuit Washington DC | NuvaRing Lawyer Attorney

Junior Member Array

Hi, from what I have read about Nuva-ring in my course material..it is just one of the options for birth control, and surely not the best one for the side effects it causes. You are surely experiencing side effects even if its only discharge..I think you should switch to some other alternative. I am not in a good shape to suggest you something better, but you can talk to your gynecologist about it and see what he/she says.

Junior Member Array

On my second month of NuvaRing with no smell issues, and you can leave it out for up to 3 hours per day, just wash it off in tepid water before you reinsert it. I take it out to use the bathroom, so that it doesn't get pushed out like a tampon. No funky discharge either. I wash myself with a wet terry washcloth every time I shower until there is no smell. I've had no complaints.

Junior Member Array

Hi, I have been using Nuva ring for over 4 yrs now and I have never had a smell or fear of it not working. My husband and I are intimate daily and never had a scare once. I rinse mine off after our bedroom time and everyday in the shower I take it out first thing hang it up and reinsert in when I'm done with my shower. I do not ever douche its not good for you i just use warm water just standing in the shower my leg up and rinse myself out that way. If your worried about your smell just try this. No soap just water and your just simply rinsing out what you feel inside nothing more. Ive talked with my gyno and theres nothing wrong with it. Im not washing away any good bacteria to the point of infections of any sort. No soap Justin water. I have never had a issue with smells or discharge. And the integrity of the ring by doing this has not changed. 4 yrs later and never had a pregnancy scare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12