Forum:

Thread: Taking the pill same time every day

Junior Member Array

Exclamation Taking the pill same time every day

I have been on the pill for about 3 months now and I haven't been taking it at the exact same time every day but i usually take it before i go to bed, whether its 10:30, 11:00, or 2 in the morning. I'm asking because me and my boyfriend have had sex a couple of times unprotected and he thinks I might be pregnant because I'm not taking the pill the way i was directed. Could I get pregnant like that even though I'm taking the pill?

Junior Member Array

The leaflet states that you should take it at the same time each day but in the words of 'try to take it at the same time each day'. In my leaflet it states nothing about if you were to take it at any other time then you'll be pregnant. Maybe if you were more than 12 hours late.. why not settle your mind and take a pregnancy test?

Junior Member Array

I have been on birth control for about four years and I know they tell you to take it at the same time but I never do. I think as long as you remember to take it everyday you will be fine. As for thinking you are pregnant, it takes a couple of months for your period to become normal, but it doesn't hurt to take a test to rule it out. I hope this helps you.

Junior Member Array

I've been on oral contraceptives for 8 yrs and NEVER take my pills at the EXACT hour every day. I take them when I get up, whether that's 6AM or noon.

Generally, you're protected by most oral contraceptives for up to 48 hours. This is why WITH MOST if you miss ONE day, you're okay, as long as you take the missed pill ASAP. (IE you miss Monday, so you take Monday's pill and Tuesday's pill on Tuesday.) This is something you can check on the leaflet included with you pills, or with a pharmacist.

You want to take your pill as regularly as possible, but the minutes and a couple hours won't hurt you. There's times when I walk out the door and forget my pill, so I take it as soon as I get home.
    "Every life should have nine cats." - Anonymous