Forum:

Thread: what happens after morning after pills?

Junior Member Array

Default what happens after morning after pills?

Hi,

Can anyone please inform me about periods after morning after pills? i.e i took pill72 both the dozes on time but don't know if i should expect periods immediately or on my regular cycle time......pls help !!

VIP Member Array
    Blog Entries

I am not sure if you'll get your period right away after taking the morning after pill, but if you're looking for more information on it I would google the pill and read up. From what I have read it doesn't cause your period to begin, but instead makes it so the sperm can't get through to fertilize the egg.
    Last edited by Little; 01-04-2009 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Outbound Linking

Junior Member Array

Hi, thanks a lot for the info !! One more question If in One day I had unprotected sex thrice, should i have morning after pill thrice i.e after each unprotected sex or once within 72 hours will do?

VIP Member Array
    Blog Entries

You'd have to ask your doctor about that, but I am going to say that if you take the morning after pill three times, it'd be overdosing on progesterone, which is the main ingredient in the drug. If you can't get to your doctor, your local pharmacist should also have the answers.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array hello_pitty's Avatar

I have never taken the morning after pill, but I would imagine your period might be a little messed up for a while. Ask your doctor what to expect.

Afterwards you need to get on a form of regular birth control. The pill, IUD, Nuva Ring, Depo etc. It just takes alot off your mind. And remember, aside from the IUD, Birth control is not effective as soon as you take the first pill/ injection etc, you need to have one full (28-36 day) cycle before it will be fully protective. Use condoms or another back up method until then.

Good Luck
    "I might be a little young, but honey I ain't naive"
    "If it ain't an APBT, it's just a dog"

Junior Member Array mymeetingwiththetimezone's Avatar

I had to take the morning after pill once and I got my period just like I normally would have. It hurt a little more than it usually did but I'm not sure if that contributed to it.