Forum:

Thread: Missed period, Essure implant fail? So scaried and feeling alone.

Junior Member Array melissawheeler's Avatar

Question Missed period, Essure implant fail? So scaried and feeling alone.

Im 29 years old I got 4 great kids. I got the Essure 2 years ago. My periods have always been on time till now. I am 2 weeks late i have a blood test in the morning. I have took home pregnancy tests all say negitive. I dont understand how i could be pregnant. Im so scaried i have no idea what to do or feel. Any advice?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Kallygirlie's Avatar

a late period does not always mean pregnancy. I was always regular aswell but all of a sudden I missed 2 months. If you've been stressing over your period being late then that alone can delay it even further. You have a blood test in the morning. Best thing to do is wait to see what that says. If anything comes up then chances are there is a women on this site that can help you through it. Just try to breath and relax right now
    Krystal

Junior Member Array

Default missed periods

were u 2 months late after u had the procedure done or later down the rd its been almost 2months since i has my essure done &havnt had a period yet .im not pregant but concerned 2 why & when should i worry when it doesnt come

Junior Member Array

I had the Essure procedure in late Aug 09 and had spotting for 1 week after and spotting 3 days after my HSG in Dec 09 but otherwise I haven't had a real period since the original procedure and they made me do a pregnancy test before the HSG and that was negative.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

My advice is to wait and try not to worry. If the home pregnancys test were negative then I don't think you have anything to worry about. I am a lab tech and have done many preg tests. The kits that you can buy over the counter are really just as good as the kits we used in the lab. There can be some human error in using the store bought tests but if you followed the instructions properly it should be accurate. The reason the blood test is more accurate is that it gives you a quanitative result which measures the hormones. It is also much better at detecting etopic and possible spontaneous abortion. Just relax and try to get it off your mind. Hope that helps and hope that your tests are negative.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Also you are not alone. We are here to help you any way we can. If there is one thing I have found is that no matter what you are going thru, there are other women who have had similar experiences. I certainly don't like that so many women have had problems but it helps to know you are not alone.