Forum:

Thread: Copper IUD, pelvic pain 14 days and now fever

VIP Member Array

Unhappy Copper IUD, pelvic pain 14 days and now fever

I tried to put a post up here several days ago about the IUD I had put in back in November, but it's hasn't gotten any responses. But, i've been cramping and having lots of pelvic pain. The pain has been going on since January 1st, so for 14 days now...I missed my period for December and my period for January is coming up by the 20th. Today i've felt sluggish and noticed that my body is starting to ache (flu like body ache). This always happens when I get a fever. I took my temp and it reads between 99-100**, if I put it in my left ear it's 99, if I put it in my right ear its 100**...that's not really high but i'm wondering if I am having a complication with the IUD, maybe an infection or worse embedded somewhere in my uterus?

I've spoke to several gynocologists that tell me to wait the pain out as I just got the IUD in November. I'm not hungry as much with all the pain and sometimes eating food makes the pain go from not only my pelvic area but all the way up to the diaphragm. The gynocologists also recommended an ultrasound to make sure the IUD is in the correct position and a pap smear to check for any infections.

i'm not sure if I should just wait out this pain & fever till I can afford to front the bill or go to the ER just in case this is an emergency. My stomach/pelvic area hasn't been the same since the insertion of the IUD. constant pelvic/stomach pain, worse headaches and not sleeping very good as well.

Opinions please?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

ive had 3 mirenas inserted and never had any of these problems
    im assuming an infection all the way back from november is not possible
    however this is your body - doesnt seem right at all

VIP Member Array

No, pap came back normal and no STD's, they said I was a good candidate for it. This is the first copper IUD i've had. If you were having these problems what would you do?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

well
    health care is free for me... so I guess it is less of an issue
    have they done a pregnancy test? my understanding is that the copper iud isnt supposed to stop your periods
    I dont know if i would go to the er - however i would defiantly be seeing my dr asap

VIP Member Array

yes they did a pg test and I did as well , both came back negative, no pg symptoms at all. I know the copper iud isnt supposed to stop periods, thats why I have been worried.

VIP Member Array

Well, nm to all I said. Finally got the nerve up to go to the doctor. They did a blood and urine pregnancy test. Negative. They did an xray of my stomach and pelvic area. the IUD is where it's supposed to be and it seems there is ALOT of gas around my belly that could be causing all my abdominal pain. So going to take Zantac for the next month. I'm so glad I'm not pregnant!!! Huge relief, now I can rest easy. The ultrasound did show an ovarian cyst in my right ovary but the doctor said it doesn't look big enough to be affecting me (pain in right ovary) I think as i'm getting older my body isn't responding to pain well enough anymore. I used to be able to take pain...Now the slightest bit has me taking some medicine. They also did an entire blood workup and said everything came out normal and I don't have any infections. That's also a relief...but doesn't explain the mild fever's i've been getting off and on for weeks or again my body just isn't responding very well. Oh well. Everything is fine with the IUD, now just waiting on the culture's to come back to make sure there isn't an infection in the uterus that could be causing my periods to stop completely. Thanks for listening!

Junior Member Array

Exclamation IUD and Immune Response to a Foreign Object

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on a whole new section of my website over the last year that deals with a theory related to the true cause of our autoimmune conditions. It is a theory that is not being given enough attention and I hope together, we can all work towards finding better answers to questions that affect us all. Please check out the new members area of my site, The Rh-Negative Registry - Home. There is a special sign up link at the end of the theory. This is not about 1 autoimmune condition - it is about ALL of them! I am putting it all in one place and showing you how they connect.

I am going to copy/paste for you all, parts of the theory introduction; which you cannot usually see unless you are a Registered Member. Please note, you need to read it all to understand how this can affect you if you even if you are Rh+. It may be a little choppy due to the copy paste....

Thank you,
    Jessica
    Theory Intro >

There are currently only 2 Rh Factor "Classifications" when related to your blood type. You are either considered to be an Rh-Positive (Rh+) or Rh-Negative (Rh-).

This is because if you have ANY Rh+ blood in your body you are called Rh+. However, in some cases an Rh+ person is born to an Rh- person. Since we each receive one blood type (the letter) and one Rh factor (+/-) from each parent; we actually have TWO.

After birth, our blood type is simplified like a mathematical equation and we end up referring to our blood type as one letter and one Rh factor. However, that portion of the full blood type that was part of the original equation does not just disappear. It will always be with you as a recessive trait.
    When an Rh-Negative woman is pregnant with an Rh+ baby there can be complications if there is any opportunity for the baby's blood to enter the mother's system. If this occurs, it can cause the mother to create antibodies to fight against the Rh factor, which again is a protein on the baby's RBC's. This process is caused by an autoimmune response that allows the mother's body to see her own baby and the RBC's as an invader or a foreign body; which it will attack and destroy. If this occurs, the Rh-Negative Mother is said to be Sensitized, as her body is not programmed to create these antibodies that can lead to the swelling and rupture of babies RBC's, causing a minimum of anemia. However, in severe situations, Rh-disease can cause serious illness, jaundice, brain damage and death. While Rh antibodies may be considered harmless in a mother's first pregnancy, if sensitized and pregnant again with an Rh+ child, her Rh antibodies may quickly recognize and begin to attack the body.

A person's Rh-factor is classified according to the presence of a protein on the surface of the red blood cells (RBC's) that indicate the Rh-factor. If you DO carry this protein then you are classified as Rh-positive (Rh+) and if you DO NOT carry this protein; you are classified as Rh-Negative (Rh-).
    So what about the person who is Rh(+/-)?

Since am an Rh(-/-) person by way of two Rh-Positive (Rh+/-) parents, this made me ask more questions about how I came to be Rh-Negative. As I learned about the "Recessive Process" of the Rh-Negative Factor, I realized that my mother was not really Rh+ and that the Rh- portion of her still existed within her or she could not have passed it to me. While it had been simplified out of the equation, it was still there.

While researching my Rh-Negative origin, my mother became ill and began to experience chronic and migrating pain and inflammation. It seemed her conditions were a mystery even to her physicians and I had just learned the phrase HLA-B27 positive. This genetic marker; HLA-B27 is highly recognized as being associated with certain Rheumatic and Inflammatory Autoimmune Conditions, which I could easily relate to members in my own family. The deeper my research became while investigating my family origin in relationship to my rare blood type; the more I noticed that I was continuously coming across similar information, statistics, geographical similarities and other associations between Rh-Negative Individuals and many of the various Autoimmune Conditions. I was convinced this HLA-B27 gene was the culprit of my mother's mystery conditions and we approached her doctor to have her tested. The condition is so rare, I literally had to explain it to her doctor and to his surprise, as the gene marker is had by less than 8% of the population, I was correct, she was positive. We have since tracked it down through at least five generations of our family.

Recently, I have also found supportive information from the medical community. According to Randall Johnson at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, "Only 7% of the US population tests positive for the HLA-B27 gene; this gene, found only in persons with Rh-Negative blood, can trigger the immune system to operate overtime at WARP SPEED in times of medical emergency." While this information IS supportive, it is also highly arguable, even by me. This is because I can prove that the HLA-B27 genetic marker CAN be found in Rh+ individuals; like my own children and my mother who are all Rh-Recessive (Rh+/-).

Autoimmune Conditions are disorders in which the primary cause is an inflammatory reaction is caused by the body's own immune system attacking the body's own tissues.

After explaining this, I hope my theory will be easier to understand. First of all, I believe there should be at least 3 final Rh-Factor Blood Classifications; Rh-Positive (Rh+/+), Rh-Negative (Rh-/-) and Rh-Recessive (Rh+/-). This being said and considering the response of an Rh-Negative mothers natural biological autoimmune response to an Rh+ fetus; I believe that there can be an imbalance or dis-ease of the human condition when there is an incompatibility within the body itself. We have established that the Rh-Negative factor can be recessive, but it does not disappear. Where do those Rh-Negative cells, the ones without that Rh-Protein go to hide within the body?

This incompatibility I believe, may result in Autoimmune Conditions;
    as the body just does not recognize all of its own parts!

Obviously the recessive Rh-Negative blood cells do not just morph into Rh-Positive blood cells. If that happened, a parent would not have them to pass down from their recessive gene pool. So, where do they go and what happens when they come out of hiding? Could it cause an autoimmune reaction? We can deduct logically, that since an Rh- Recessive people do, in fact, live beyond childbearing years and into old age; that their Rh-Negative RBC's did not ever attack and rupture their Rh-Positive RBC's and take over the system. If that had happened, they probably would have died and would not test Rh-Positive.

What happens if those recessive Rh-Negative RBC's are triggered by something? Maybe an infection, something environmental or systemic can trigger this recessive part of the body and allow it to come alive with a vengeance. If our immune response is strong it would attempt to destroy, as an intruder or foreign object, a fetus created with half of our very own genetic material...what might it do against the half of its own body; if it sees it as an intruder as well. When you add this theory to the relationship of Rh-Negatives and HLA-B27-Positives, the big picture starts to form!

There appears to be a very common issue at the "Base Cause and Effect" of Autoimmune Conditions, Rh-Factor Incompatible Pregnancy and Organ Transplants. The human body simply recognizes something within itself, as a foreign object or intruder, which activates the immune system to do its’ job and attack, but that attack may eventually turn on an attack the body itself!

HLA - In fact, the HLA profile defines the cells from an individual or “self”, distinguishing them from those from other individuals showing a different HLA profile, “non-self”.

Autoimmunity is the failure of an organism to recognize its own constituent parts as "self", which allows an immune response against its own cells and tissues.

Rh-Negative Incompatible Pregnancy is when a mother's immune system responds to any mixing of the baby's Rh+ red blood cells into the mother's system. Her body sees the baby's Rh+ red blood cells as an intruder or foreign object and it creates antibodies against them. These antibodies will then attack an Rh positive baby's blood, causing causing the red blood cells of the baby to swell and rupture. This hemolytic disease can cause anemia, illness, brain damage and death.

Transplant rejection occurs when a transplanted organ or tissue is not accepted by the body of the transplant recipient. This is explained by the concept that the immune system of the recipient attacks the transplanted organ or tissue.

Would it not make sense after seeing this basic trend, that we look deeper at the basics of our creation, our blood types, Rh-factor, proteins, DNA and RNA to see what is causing our bodies to find themselves as a foreign object or intruder? Knowing that you are Type A- like me is one thing, but really knowing that I am AO-/- may tell another story. Knowing your true blood type and factors as they were passed down to you may make a huge difference to your health; we may never know because it sees not many are looking!

One thing is clear, there is an argument or "dis-ease" occurring in many of our bodies right now! While statistics will vary and certain groups may suffer from higher frequency; Autoimmune Disease and Rh-Negative Blood do not discriminate. They show up in just about every ethnic group, people of every color, and any faith of religion. They exist today on each and every Continent and in every Country; while People of all ages and both sexes suffer every day...and still there is NO KNOWN CAUSE and NO KNOWN CURE!

Come sign up and learn how we can have early diagnosis improve our outcome, better treatment options and prevention...let’s work together to make it better for the next generation. If you are still reading, here is a discount link to get your annual membership for $12.95! If you have any trouble with the link, just contact me at iemailcox.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=R9BLGNW6VS43J

Thanks,
    Jessica Farrell, Founder
    The Rh-Negative Registry - Home