Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: essure problems

Junior Member Array

Unhappy essure problems

I have been reading on some posts, women having problems with the essure. I have had mine done since Nov. 2008 and not long after I started experiencing pains in my lower sides. After having sex the pains would be so intense I couldn't stand or anything. After many attemps to consult with the doctor who inserted them, I am getting no answers. I have had ultrasounds done and nothing is showing. Just recently my problems are getting worse. I have learned to deal with the pain and even bleeding after intercourse. 3 months ago during intercourse my partner felt something sharp and it actually cut him. We decided not to have anymore sex until we got some answers. I went back to the doctor and he done an exam and another ultrasound and said everything is fine. After that, we decided to try intercourse again. Again, the same thing but worse. We now have no sex life..LOL.. I have state medicaid due to being laid off since my job decided to move to another state. Will medicaid do a reversal if it is medically needed? Please help me!!!!

Junior Member Array

hay there im sure some of the post you have read were mine lol i have a few. med should remove them if medic ness. ud would have to call a doc or medicaid to find out or just go to the e.r in pain i know them arent the answers you were hopen to hear but thats the best i know with what ive gone threw. and i have no med ins im currently trying to find a lawer to take my case agenst essure. if you havent read my post look them up im in all the essure topics good luck and good health wishes to you

Junior Member Array

I would like to thank all of you for sharing the problems you have had with essure. I was considering getting it done myself. After reading some of your stories I am reconsidering my options. thank you again and I wish you all the best.

Junior Member Array Lady Drakharis's Avatar

I had Essure before I had tubal ligation. Essure lasted a little over a year before I became pregnant again. My husband at the time was concerned. I also had more migraines heavier more painful menstrual cycles. However I've had friends who had the same procedure with no side effects.

Junior Member Array

Since my post I have been to the doctor who performed the procedure two times, and both times he has said it is not the essure. When I asked for my medical records to seek another opinion he actually got very angry and stated he refuses treatment for me for now on. LOL. I told him that was fine, his opinion didn't matter much to me anymore since he doesn't really want to talk about my problems anyway. Last week, I went and seen a fertility specalist and he performed an ultrasound, and an xray. He also preformed the dye test and confirmed my right tube isn't all the way blocked. It has also moved form where is was placed originally. There are now some scar tissue and it is swollen. I go back next week to talk about my options to having them removed..

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That Doctor needs to be stricken off the list in my Opinion.

It's a relatively new proceedure and I think it's more complicated than the Doctor's believe, yet they take it on with very little training in my opinion and who knows, maybe offered all sorts of benefits, maybe not...but the bottom line is there are way too many "failure" stories, I think 2 years of it, here on WH, "essure failure" a long thread....

It bothers me to the extent of saying, ask questions, know your facts before you even try it, know what questions to ask and see if you get the answers, if you don't "DON'T DO IT"....

Why should we be damaged, go through pain, get pregnant when in reality we go to a Doctor for advice and trust them....

It's up to you, know your facts first .

I'm sorry that this has occured, going to call you countrygirl, something about that name of yours But, I am sure that they will be able to removed it successfully and I'm glad that it was noticed..

I'm sorry for all woman whom go through any pain and suffering over this.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Junior Member Array

I had my son in july and went on bc then had the essure procedure done at the end of sept '10,stayed on bc and went and had the 3mth check up with dye ultra sound at the end of dec like i was suppose to. I had the procedure done due to being high risk pregnancy,my first son was born 16 weeks early with out any warning,my second son was born ten yrs later and i had difficulties with that pregnancy as well. 4mths of bed rest,progestrone shots every wk drs and ultrasounds everyother wk. he was born just a couple of wks early and is very happy healthy baby. BUT NOW the procedure was very uncomfortable and i was laid up for about a wk,then everything was fine except pain off and on when having sex,was on bc like suppose to be between having that all done and told i was all set everything was blocked i didn't need bc anymore cause my tubes were all blocked,well now i have to go to the drs cause i haven;t had my period in almost 3mths and the drs said well just wait till mid march then we'll start doing some test,i had this procedure done due to my body cant handle being pregnant again so if i am pregnant again i don't know what we'll do,now just waiting.....any opinions or anything

Junior Member Array

mommaj, sorry to hear you have joined us with the bad experiences with the essure. When I had my last son, he was was born 6 weeks early. I had a very bad pregnancy with him and was on bed rest for most of it, and with 3 other children it was very hard for me. After his birth I was supposed to get my tubes tied but the doctor, 3 days before my surgery decided not to do it and said I need to have the essure done and it was totally safe and all the good stuff. I should have done my homework on it. I regret it since. I go back to my new doctor this week to see if they are going to do my surgery. I decided I just want them to reverse it and leave alone what the good lord gave me. LOL. I don't want anymore kids and will be on other types of birth control to prevent it. I just want these things out of me. Have you taken a pregnancy test yet?

Junior Member Array

My husband is military and we have moved since I had the procedure done. We moved to California and my Doctor has no idea what I am talking about. I have had to explain the procedure to her. I had it done back in 2009 and still am having the pain to where I am doubled over. I still haven't had a Doctor that will check things out for me, which has me worried. I have read other posts and yours and in a way I am glad I'm not loosing my mind. That others are having the same symptons as me.

Junior Member Array

My friend and I have both been seriously injured after being implanted with the Essure device. We have consulted with the firm of **Removed contact information** They are in the process of doing a full investigation. If anybody out there has questions or needs help, we recommend that you call them.”
    Last edited by LanaBear; 05-02-2011 at 07:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast