Forum:

Thread: Loestrin 24 Fe - crying, anxiety, disaster!

Junior Member Array

Default Loestrin 24 Fe - crying, anxiety, disaster!

Hey all, so I've been taking Loestrin 24 Fe for about 2 weeks now. I'm 24 years old and this is my first try at hormonal birth control. I haven't had any physical side effects, but my emotions are OUT OF CONTROL. I feel anxious all the time and I cry about nothing! I understand that they say to wait for a little while and see if you adjust but I'm not sure I can handle this. I'm usually a VERY happy person. I'm feeling like a disaster now!

I guess my question is, has this ever happened to anyone and gone away? And if I can't handle it, is it okay to just stop taking it or do I need to finish the pack?

Please help, guys!

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This sounds simply miserable.
    Have you talked to your doctor or nurse practitioner about this?

I was put on a HRT for non stop bleeding a couple years ago and had a similar response. I called the doctor after a couple of days and told her this wasn't going to fly and we had to find some other solution. I wasn't seeking a conception control but there are many options, I think it would be a good idea to look at other things you could use.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Junior Member Array

Ever since my first period, mine have been ridiculously irregular. I'd go six months without one and when I finally started, it was very heavy and painful. I'm 23 and decided to try a birth control pill as a method to regulate my periods. I started taking Loestrin 24 Fe back in October and (with the exception of January and April) I've had two periods a month. That being said, the two months I only had one period, they were light and pain free. I literally only had to use a tampon one day out of the 5 day cycle. The other days, I just used panty-liners. However, the rest of the time, I'll have 2 full-fledged periods a month and I did NOT hop on the Birth Control bandwagon for that. I think it's been causing my mood to deteriorate also. I've been depressed and moody. I didn't want to assume it was the birth control, but the more I think about it, the more that makes sense to me. I know the side-effects are supposed to be worse the first 3 months but I don't think this pill is for me, either. I have an appointment to make a switch on Thursday.

Junior Member Array

I have been taking loestrin 24 Fe, and I have had a little side effects with my emotions.. but I really do not like it at all! I feel bloated a lot, and I have lost my sexual desire. Over all I would not recommend it and I am getting off of it in a week! I wish you luck! Hope it treats you better than me!

Junior Member Array

finish the pack and if nothing changes get on a new pill!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array ren_07's Avatar

Try and stick it out for 2-3 packs bc that's when they say the side-effects will stop being so nutty and you'll be fully adjusted. It would be unfair to switch the pill so soon.

This is the brand I used. I know exactly what you're talking about and going thru. I went through a pack and thought oh my goodness I'm too emotional I must quit and try something else! My Dr. ordered my Sprintec but when I got the pills, I thought why not just finish the trial packs of the loestrin since that's what the websites say to do? And it worked! I've never had a better pill or a complaint since!
    In the end, the king and the pawn both go into the same box.