Forum:

Thread: late period on paragard iud?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array leahbia_83008's Avatar

Default late period on paragard iud?

i had the paragard copper t iud inserted about a month ago . . . i am now due for my period & it has given me little signs it's on it's way. before getting the iud i was on the birth control pill for over 2 years, but discontinued taking them for about 2 months before insertion. normally my cycles were about 30-32 days long on the pill, but the first month off the pill my cycle was 37 days between periods. the second month it was 35. now it is day 33 & my period has yet to show itself. is this normal for a first period on paragard? before birth control my cycles were very irregular but i don't remember them being this long. my boyfriend & i have been having unprotected sex since i got the iud so i'm a little concered with the possibility of pregnancy? i think it's too early to test . . . if i don't get it in a week i will take a hpt but i am curious to see if other paragard users have had similar experiences.
    "we should all start to live before we get too old. fear is stupid. so are regrets"
    marilyn monroe <3

& i meant to post this in "birth control". so sorry. feel free to move it to the right forum if you'd like :)
    "we should all start to live before we get too old. fear is stupid. so are regrets"
    marilyn monroe <3

update: it is now day 35 since my last period & i noticed quite a bit of mucousy discharge with a slight hint of dark blood in it but it's only noticable when i wipe . . . i put a pad on just in case so it doesn't stain my panties if it starts but i'm concerned. i am under the impression that the first few months on paragard you're supposed to have heavier & longer periods, but i don't even consider what i'm going through to be my menstrual cycle. i did spot once over the past month for about 3 days but since then everything has been fine & dandy . . . or so i thought. has anyone else who has used paragard experienced something similar? i plan on making an appointment with my gyno regardless if i start my period or not. this is very frustrating for me.
    marilyn monroe <3

Junior Member Array

Default same experience

I got my paraguard in August and I am having the SAME EXACT EXPERIENCE as you. Hoping I'm not preggers, but I definitely don't feel like I am (I've never been before, but I have a feeling I would kind of know because I'm pretty in touch with my body and I think I'd be puking or really headachey). Had cramps last week but still no flo. Waiting...

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I know it's not the same, but I just started Implanon at the end of August (was placed when I was on my period). The only hint of one was the same as yours- minor mucus and bleeding, but only noticeable when I wiped. Took a pregnancy test to be sure, but I'm not pregnant. I'm hoping it remains this way for the next 3 years... no period? Yes, please.