Forum:

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: essure failure

Junior Member Array

Default pregnant 13 months after essure

After our 5th child was born, my husband and I decided that maybe it was time to be finished. After talking to my OB/Gyn she said I was a perfect candidate for the essure implants. I was so happy with the actual procedure, I had no pain after the initial post surgery cramping and was back running around with the kids the next day. Which was a God sent because the baby was only 8wks old and we were moving 3 states away the following week.
    When I got settled in our new house I scheduled an appointment to meet an OB/Gyn, who was well trained in the procedure, near my new home. And at 3 months had the HSG test to verify placement of and closure of my fallopian tubes. Well much to my chagrin there was still some leaking of the dye on one side. But I wasn't too surprised, both doctors had told me it was a possibility even though neither of them had ever encountered it. What we were all very surprised with was that my HSG results were the same again at 6 months and 9 months although less and less leakage each time. Finally 1 year after the initial procedure SUCCESS! My HSG test showed proper placement and complete blockage of both tubes.
    Jan & Feb came and went with normal periods. And then March--NO PERIOD! So I went and got a home test and sure enough pregnant. I called the doctor right away due to the chance of ectopic. I don't know who was more shocked Her or Me! Fortunately my exam and ultrasound went fine and the baby was placed in a good position. And 8 months later, lots of lab work, and 6 ultrasounds later baby and mom are doing great.
    It took me a while to get over the shock, and to accept that God has a sense of humor, but with 2 months left to go I can't wait to meet this squirming bundle of joy.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

I bet you were surprised but I'm glad you are happy with the way things have turned out. I know you didn't want any more babies but it looks like this one sure was meant to be. Good luck.

Junior Member Array

Default Essure Problems

I had the Essure done on September 23 rd. My regular ob is a midwife so she sent me over to a doc to have the procedure done.the procedure went fine I was in and out and back home by 10:30 am I was so pleased with everything until about 4 o'clock that day. I started to get real bad cramps. now I have to say I have a very very high pain tolerance so when I had to take the pain meds I was prescribed for a procedure that I would be back on track the next day I was concerned. But I let it go for three days at 3 or 4 o'clock I had to take pain med and had to lay down for hours for the pain to slow down on my right side. Finally I called the doc and of corse no fever no bleeding I'm fine give it a few more days. I know my body and something is really wrong. So a few more days go by same thing then monday morning I wake up with the pain. so I call the doc it takes until lunch just for them to call me back now keep in mind I work in outside sales so if I'm not in the office no big deal but for the last week and a half I've either had to much pain meds to work or to much pain. but nothings wrong. I get a appointment set for tuesday to do a ultra sound. I go in and by this time I've done my homework on essure and I asked why we were even doing the ultra sound because they can only be seen on a x-ray. well they do it any way find nothing some extra free fluid. Then I go to the nurse who was wonderful she spent about 1 1/2 hrs with me the doc wanted to test my urine thinking it might be a uti it wasnt which I knew that. I requested a x-ray the doc said no but the nurse ordered one any way. the x-ray showed the one one the right is a little higher but they only did one x-ray in one position. now tomorrow I go to a urologist. I didn't have this pain or problems before essure and since the procedure the doc has had no concern for my well-being I would not recommend this to anyone there just isn't enough known about it. also tonight I was doing more homework and on the essure website it said they insert fluid into your uterus and if you absorb to much serious complications can occur. Remember the ultra sound free fluid that they didn't know where it came from. Get your tubes tied or your husband a vasectomy this procedure is just to new and we still dont know whats wrong with me.

Junior Member Array

Default Essure procedure

I had the Essure procedure done September 26th so just over a week now. When they went to insert the first one there was something wrong with the coild, it was twisted so they put that oneaside and took out a new one. Well when they put the first coil in on my right side it hurt like and when they put the second one in I didnt feel a thing. The doc said it was the muscles contracting around my falopian tube that caused the pain and he had told me at the initial exam that could happen. Now over a week later I still have spotting and get cramping if I lay still for too long or while I am in bed. When I talked to the nurse last week she said it was odd that I was still spotting and that the doc may want me to come in for some kind of coagulation procedure. She called me back and he said not to worry about it give it a few more days and the spotting will stop, well it hasn't. First thing that bothers e is I did not get the doc I wanted with this procedure, when I made the appointment I specifically asked for the doc who delivered my baby 4 years ago because I trust him. The doc I got was the original OB I had with my 4 year old that wouldn't listen to me when I told him i thought I was having pre-eclamptic symptoms again. The one I requested happened to be on call when I called with concerns during my pregnancy and had me come in immediately to induce labor because of preeclampsia so you can understand my concern when i get this doc i do not trust. Anyway I am still spotting and still cramping and plan to call the doc in the morning. Has anyone who has had this procedure had problems with spotting? How long is it supposed to last and the cramping? I am on the pill which always keeps me off my period. One more thing when I first went in and saw the doc I hate it was originally because I had been bleeding every week like a full blown period so he gave me pills which helped and then talked to me about essure. I am concerned something went wrong during the procedure. My mother in law was in the room with me and standing by the door and she said when the nurses went out of the room she heard them talking about how something wasnt right with the right coil, the one that hurt. ok this is long so I will stop here. Any suggestions, advice or similar experiences?

Junior Member Array

Default essure Problems

I'm right there with you just out of curiosity what lot number is the one that is giving you problems Im getting a second opinion I can't stand this pain any longer I don't have any spotting but two weeks worth of pain on the right side and my doc put me to sleep so I dont know what they did or who was in there

Junior Member Array

Default essure

I dont know the lot number they did not give me anything that has it on there. They said something about sending that particular one that was messed up back to essure. I was told the bleeding would stop after a day and that the cramping after a day or two. My spotting is only occassional now but the cramping is still there.

Junior Member Array

Default essure Problems

They should have given you a card to keep in you wallet it has it on there I am on the web all the time now and am two steps from going into the ER and camping out until someone looks at me and listens My thought on the lots are I wonder if there was a bad bunch

Junior Member Array

Default essure

I was wrong they did give me a card I must have been out of it. I found it in my purse today. The lot number is 627299. Let me know if you got any info on it. Still cramping and spotting a few times a day.

Junior Member Array

Default essure Problems

well my lot number is slightly different its 627282 for right and 626906 left. This is my advise to you. It is now two weeks and 3 days since I had mine done I finally got a doc to look at me since the one who did it wouldn't give me the time a day. The one on the left they cant find have know idea where its at the one on the right thats giving me all the problems was placed much higher then it was supposed to. So now I have to wait another week and friday the 17 th ( my Birthday) I'm to have laparoscopy surgery to see where there at what went wrong and why I'm in so much pain. The doc is going to try to remove them this way but he has warned me that more than likely I will have to have a LSH Hysterectomy to remove them and this is not at all what I wanted when I went to the doc and asked about getting my tubes tied. The only thing I can say is you know you body if the doc that did it wont listen find someone who will. But remember your dealing with the good old boys club.If you feel like something is wrong dont stop until someone listens the sooner the better.

Junior Member Array

Default essure

Did they do an exam to find this out? I am just wondering what type of procedure they do to find out whats going on with them. My cramping has died down but I still get spotting after exercising or after sex. I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I think this procedure needs to be looked at a little more closely if there are so many problems with it. I have found numerous sites talking about it.

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 ... LastLast