Forum:

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: essure failure

Junior Member Array

Angry problem with essure

Hello,
    I am 40 years old with two children. I had essure done in May of this year. It is the end of October and I have had lower back pain that sometimes goes to my female organs in the front for a little over a month. I went for my dye test over a week ago. Needless to say, only one of my tubes is blocked. My right tube is wide open. I know that the coils are in there because I could see them on the screen during the test. But, the two of them looked completely different for some odd reason. Anyway, during the test the pain was exscruciating. I wanted to cry. The doctor knew that I was in pain and they could see the dye going up past the coil on that one side. He asked if I could stand anymore of the dye so that he could make sure. I said no, no, I can't bare the pain. I have had a cat-scan and a MRI and that haven't detected any back problems. My doctor thinks that it is from the essure procedure so now I am going to have to go to another doctor and have more test to find the problem. Although, I will do anything to get rid of this pain. Has anyone else experienced this kind of pain?

Junior Member Array

Thumbs up Essure

I had the Essure procedure done last Tuesday (10/21) and besides a little bit of cramping right after and 1 day of spotting have had no problems. Will have to wait and see when I get the test done to see if my tubes are blocked. Hope so!

Junior Member Array

Default essure Problems

Have you ever had any back problems or any pain like this before? If not I would seriously look at essure as being the problem. Not to knock you doc but mine wouldn't even see me he sent his nurse in and swore it could be essure. but it was If you are having pain don't stop asking everyday until you have answers like I said before you know your body better than anyone.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

pbrewer, I'm guessing you will have to have surgery to remove the bad coil. I would insist that they remove the other one so at least you won't have to worry about metal coil dislodging or migrating to some other organ in the future. My earlier post explains about coil being twisted looking or bent and docs still said it couldn't be from essure. At least your doc is willing to admit pain is probably from essure. It stuns me that so many posts on other forums also talk about how docs won't admit essure could be problem. I honestly believe the docs don't know much about the procedure and are only going by what some high pressure salesperson from the company tells them. When a problem occurs the docs don't know what to do. The procedure just has too many if's. I figure this procedure will wind up being involved in class action lawsuits.

Junior Member Array

Unhappy "If I knew then what I know now........"

I had the procedure done a year ago. (10/27/07) I had a baby (3rd) and felt I was finished having kids. My doctor talked this procedure up and it sounded great. My job was already pressuring me about coming back to work (26 weeks maternity leave due to pregnancy problems) and the time off was PERFECT!!! I only had the left tube to get done due to a prior tubal pregnancy. Everything to do with the procedure was just as they said. Very little pain and I actually went back to work the day after the procedure. I actually thought all was fine BUT in the last week or so I have been having pain the left side of my abdomen (the side the coil is on). I didn't think anything about it; chalked it up to PMS until I was sexually aroused and I about came up off the bed from the pain. Now it is a constant pain. I really hadn't heard anything bad about essure until this happened to me and I really started looking. I am horrified!! The doctor and none of the pamphlets said anything about complications like this or the ones I have read about here. Now I am seriously second guessing my decision to have this done. Please don't get this done and if you know anyone talking about it tell them NO and have them come and read all this stuff. I wish I had.

Junior Member Array jiena_drakon's Avatar

I had the essure procedure done exactly 3 months ago today. The procedure itself didn't go very well. I did everything the doctor told me to do and some. Three hours before the procedure I took 1000 mg of motrin and the night before and the morning of I also took some flexiral to relax my muscles. During the procedure my tubes kept clamping up but the inserts finally after 2 hours where successfully in place. Ever since the procedure was done I could feel the inserts and my tubes randomly kept clamping up on me causing me really bad cramping that caused me to double over. The cramping has stopped except when I do sit ups and well when I have to go to the bathroom number 2 as well.

My check up is in 10 days and I'm scared. I wanted this procedure because me having a kid would kill me and I can't under go normal surgery because I'm allergic to all the anesthesia out there that I know of.. what I mean by that is well last surgery I didn't wake up from for 3 weeks and it was just for my gallbladder to be removed nothing major.

So any ideas on what my next step will be. How do they make me sterile and remove these painful inserts at the same time without giving me anesthesia? How much more of my life has to be put on hold for recover time?

Junior Member Array

Default Pain after Essure

Hi - I was not sure how to simply post so I clicked reply. I'm looking for feedback from women who have had pain after Essure. Ever since the procedure a couple of years back, I occassionally get severe pain in my lower right abdomen. I've never experienced that kind of pain before Essure. It mostly happens if I have been active. It feels like there's a screw being twisted - quite sharp. At the post procedure appt, my doctor was having difficulty locating the right coil. That was a painful procedure in and of itself. I am going to see her soon and wonder if other women have had this experience and what you may be able to tell me about it. Thanks very much.

Junior Member Array

Default Pregnant after Essure

I was unsure of how to post an actual message. I am 12 weeks pregnant and had the Essure procedure done over a year ago after the birth of my third child. Has anyone else had an exprience like this??? I would appreciate any feedback.

Junior Member Array

Unhappy

I've posted my experience on Aphrodites discussion forums and I recognize a couple of names in this forum from there as well but I'm sure that people will be on this forum but not in the other forum and I think that these stories need to be out in the open since there is hardly any information about this procedure with regard to the Essure website.

I had my Essure procedure done August 2007 and had a great experience. I had perfect placement, at 3 months I was completely blocked. I still suffered from minor pain on my right side but my OB assured me it was just a side effect. I contacted him again in March stating that the pains were getting worse and assured me again that it was just a rare side effect and recommended that I start taking Ibuprofren around the clock during my periods which is when my pain was really bad. Well I did that for a while and the pain seemed to get worse each month. I finally decided to get a second opinion in September and I found another authorized Essure doctor on their website. She was a female which I think she understood more because she knows as a woman you know the difference between bad menstral cramps and something else. She gave me a check up and an ultra sound which didn't show anything but when she pushed on my fallopian tube where the insert should be I about screamed. She guessed that it probably had perforated. We decided to go for a hysterectomy since the coils had been in me for over a year and she wasn't comfortable removing them via lap afraid of damaging my uterus. We decided to do the hysterectomy via LSH since the recovery is much easier than an abdominal hysterectomy. I had my LSH done 2 weeks ago and I am back to work full time. They found in my hysterectomy that the coil was not in the accurate place anymore but it had went into my uterus without perforating and only a small portion of my coil was still in the fallopian tube. A few days after my hysterectomy my pathology report came back and it had shown that I had extreme cell and tissue damage done on both sides and my left didn't hurt that bad, I just felt it in there which believe me is a strange feeling. Now I've done research and have found nothing showing cell and tissue damage from these. My doctor says that for some reason my body rejected them. I do not have a nickel allergy or anything. This was just a rare occurance. I have been in pain for over a year now from these coils and I've finally gotten them out of my body. The only thing is that I will have invested around $5,000 with the cost of the Essure procedure out of pocket, HSG, the lab work and visits due to the problems, and the hysterectomy. To add to that I have no short term disability so my leave has been unpaid. I sure hope that anyone who is considering this procedure to check these sites out because there are those of us who have suffered tremendously physically, mentally, and financially. The problem is since the procedure is so new it's hard to find any sites on these type of problems. I would like to see more research done on this type of procedure.

Junior Member Array

i just came from my ob/gyn to get the essure procedure done and my experience was not a pleasant one. they said i would have mild to moderate menstrual cramping but after the shots and the injection of fluids into my uterus they left the room and said they would be back in ten minutes. Well that was more like thirty and they were so unorganized they were still looking for their tools and were not lined out. Meanwhile after the injections I started to cramp and they got worse and worse till I was laying on the table crying like a baby . They said it was not normal I shouldn’t have this much cramping but could give me no answers a to why I was cramping like this. When I had my son 2 years before I was dilated to a 7 before I got my epidural and this pain was worse than that. And they could not tell me anything except the general everybody is different so we stopped and I never got the implants. Now I’m going to have to do it the old fashioned way and get my tubes burned which is what I should have done in the first place. I hope nobody else had pain like this. I do not have any female problems I am totally normal so why did that happen?

Page 5 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 55 ... LastLast