Forum:

Thread: IUD- Merina-Copper T Information from Experience

VIP Member Array byutifol_nytmare's Avatar

Default IUD- Merina-Copper T Information from Experience

I have seen so many threads about IUD's. I think it would be nice for those people who have, had IUD experience to pose their pros and cons and experiences with IUD's. Wether you had the Merina (with hormones) or Paragard Copper T (w/o hormones).
    Post your experiences here... side effects you had. anything really that would help those others that are thinking about getting them or have got them and would like to know more about the others experiences.

You can post them on bullet points... or how ever you want...

I will start with mine

Red face

I had a Paragard Copper T inserted on 3/7/08
    I have not had any kids

My Experiences:
    • Painful insertion
    • Cervix was not cooperating (had to do over again the next day after taking a pill to soften cervix)
    • Cramping after the insertion
    • Ligh Bleeding
    • its been 6 days still have light bleeding
    • had to go get an ultra sound to make sure IUD is in the right place
    that is all i can share for now...

Banned from WH Array

I had the Mirena inserted in 3/06 and insertion was pretty painful. I had 2 c-sections and never went into labor so maybe thats why. Within a month I started with

vaginal infections
    acne
    depression
    no libido
    irritability
    hair loss
    weight gain
    bloated
    memory loss
    I felt I was in a fog
    blurred vision

I also had a blood test in 10/06 and the results showed some serious things. My billirueben count was ridiculously high and my red blood cells were not living as long as they were supposed to. In 12/06 I had to go to an oncologist and they said by the looks of it I should have been tested for Leukemia but thankfully that dr listened to me ! When the device was removed I was retested and everything was normal. So either the lab mixed mine and someone elses results up or it was the mirena. My ob/gyn still said none of these things were from the device. I dont believe him one bit. I had all these side effects the entire time I had the device, never before them and not after. I had it removed in 2/07 and all side effects disappeared within 3 months.

The only thing I loved was not having a period.

Banned from WH Array

Also my DH could feel the strings all the time and they were cut very short.

Couldnt find the edit post button !

i bled for 2 weeks after the insertion

Junior Member Array

Default Paragraud IUD

I have had the paragraud IUD for the past 3 years. Over the past year I have been having Bacteria infections every month when my period comes. This has gotten worst as the months continues. I have an appointment to take it out. I would have taken it out earlier, but my greatest concern is that I am not at the position were I can or want to get pregnant right now and I know if I take it out my husband is going to want me to get pregnant. I need another viable birth control method. Everything I have tried have made me gain weight and I'm very weight conscienous.

Any advice?

Geetally

Quote Originally Posted by byutifol_nytmare View Post
    I have seen so many threads about IUD's. I think it would be nice for those people who have, had IUD experience to pose their pros and cons and experiences with IUD's. Wether you had the Merina (with hormones) or Paragard Copper T (w/o hormones).
    Post your experiences here... side effects you had. anything really that would help those others that are thinking about getting them or have got them and would like to know more about the others experiences.

You can post them on bullet points... or how ever you want...

I will start with mine

Junior Member Array

byutifol-I just posted my experiences with Paragard on another link...6 years, no problems. However, I had already had one baby and 2 miscarriages when I had it inserted, and I've read that it's a little more difficult for women who've not had children.

Geetally-I wonder if your bacterial infections could have a different source. Also, are they yeast infections and are you on constant antibiotics for them? Maybe do some research on colloidal silver. It is a natural antibiotic that can be used topically or orally. I swear by it and keep it with me constantly. It can also work as a preventative. Hope this helps.

Junior Member Array

I just came back from the ER because mine after only 8 months is expelling on its own. scary. i'll miss having the no periods. The nurse said she's seen cases were the iud threaded itself into the cervix.

I recently attempted having the Merina IUD inserted. I have never had any children and am fairly small framed. Anyhow, the insertion did not go well and the doctor was unable to get it positioned because of my small cervical opening and my uterus is slightly tipped forward. We were going to make a second attempt, this time with a drug to dilate my cervix.

The pain from the first attempt was intense, even after having taken a Xanax and Darvocet one hour prior to the visit and local anesthetic. My uterus was sore for the next 3-4 days.

I was not looking forward to a second attempt and was glad to hear that I had another option (I cannot take bc that contains estrogen - I was recently diagnosed with Factor V Leiben, a disposition to blood clotting - after 20 yrs of taking the combo pill!) - the progesterone only pill. I was ecstatic and jumped at this option!

I don't know if I would attempt an IUD insertion again, as I am not a good candidate for it. However, I would never try to discourage anyone from trying. We are all different and what is a horrific experience for one, may be a godsend for another!

Junior Member Array

I have had my IUD going into my 3rd month now and i was on here trying to find out why i feel like i am 9months pregnant. after reading so many post have found some d*mn clarity .i got my iud 3 months after second child and have had only a 5 day break from bleeding since. i have stepped down at work since after 3 yrs can't remember what my job is, i have had a hard time getting out of bed and staying out( iam so d*mn tired) i'm bloated all the time on top of cramping, my body feels like it's falling apart and i can't recall what sex is. thank you all i thought i was broken and never related all this with the iud. isn't it something you can take out yourself?