Forum:

Thread: Copper IUD - good stories?

Junior Member Array

Default Copper IUD - good stories?

I've recently got a copper IUD inserted and so far all I've read are horror stories about what it does to you. I had to have this instead of the pill because the hormone were giving me bad headaches.

I'm wondering if anyone has any GOOD stories or GOOD outcomes about the IUD? I'm really starting to freak out and think I have made a mistake.

December 2007 "Poster of the Month" Array

I've had my copper t for almost two years and so far so good. But I know what you mean about all the horror stories. Seems you hear more bad stories than good ones and reading them makes me wonder as well. All I can say is that every woman is different and just because something doesn't work out for one person, that doesn't mean that it can't be the best option for someone else. Just pay attention how you feel and don't ignore any unusual symptoms, if you ever have any. I hope it works out for you.

Private.Flangeamin

Quote Originally Posted by Highlighter View Post
    I've recently got a copper IUD inserted and so far all I've read are horror stories about what it does to you. I had to have this instead of the pill because the hormone were giving me bad headaches.

I'm wondering if anyone has any GOOD stories or GOOD outcomes about the IUD? I'm really starting to freak out and think I have made a mistake.
    Yes - it can be dangerous. There is a risk of infection with IUD in which case you need to go to emergency straight away if you feel you have one . The infection pelvic inflammatory disease from IUD is possible thats why its very important to have that removed if infection is present . Just the action of having IUD fitted can cause a problem but as long as your aware you will be ready to take appropriate action if problems occur . PF

Wink Iud Problems

Hi,
    I Have My Iud On For About 6 Years And Know Im Starting To Have Problems With It. My Husband Is Upset Because The Iud Hurts Him. Recently I Had A Bv, Went To E.r With Lower Back Pain, Chills, Pain On One Of My Ovaries Always Tired, So I Had Enough Of This Iud. Im Going This Month To Take This Out. Also For The Past Year Im Been Having Uti's I Dont Have Health Insurance And Its Costing Me $$$$ So I Had Enough Of This. Can Someone Tell Me If It Hurts When They Take The Iud Out? Thanks

Junior Member Array

Wink No it doesn't hurt

I was told by the nurse practitioner that it's easier to take out than to put one in.

Talking

Thanks Susan That Was Nice To Know! It Was Kind Of Painfull When They Put The Iud On. So That A Uffff For Me!

Red face Iud String Came Out

Ok! I Was Taking A Shower Last Night And All Of The Suden I Had In My Hand The Two String Of My Iud It's Look Like A Fishing Rod. I'm Glad I Have My Appointment On Thursday Can't Wait. I Have No Idea If The Iud It Self Came Out! I Just Came Out With A Bv Last Wk. Does The Bv Affect The Iud?

Junior Member Array

I have had mine in for 10 months with no issues. Insertion was nothing, cramped for one night, and have had no side effects and no pregnancy. I just had my fifth child and wanted a break from birth and pregnancy...so far, so good. I can honestly say I love it up till now, since I don't have to think about it. My husband has said he could feel it....but only a couple of times, so, for me, it's been good. I was afraid to do it initially, because one of my friends had a horror story associated with hers (it got embedded), but my midwife said that was probably pre-1994 or something, because they've greatly improved them since then. Love it!

Junior Member Array

Post Iud is going well for now

Im hearing all these bad things about the "iud copper" i have had mine for 3 weeks now and have not had 2 many problems yet it hurted a lil bit when it was being inserted but only lasted for bout 30 mins but i did cramp for the first week and a lil bit of discharge for that week have'nt had anyy problems sence so i preay it say that way i hope those who are goin throught the negatives about it prey it gets better :d if not then it might not be for you

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is an old thread but the posts are spaced over time, so I'll leave it.
    I had a nonhormonal IUD for 10 years, it was great. No problems, no muss, no fuss. When I had it removed it was a snap - didn't even feel it.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer