Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you have nothing to talk about anymore??

Unhappy What do you do when you have nothing to talk about anymore??

ok welll me and my boyfriendhave been together for almost 8 months now,, and we basicallly talk everyday and night,, and inbetween we send txts back adn forth while he works,, but,,, i have told him everythng bout mmy life,, past life,, and actually i really dont have a life right now,, i stay home very day bc i am forced to,, so nothing new or good happens to me anymore,, the most i can tell him about is that i got yelled at ect,, he has never been one to really talk even tho i ask him over and over again,, to just say anything,, but he never has anything to say,,i ask him how was his day,, or if he went out with sum friends,, i ask about that,, i try to come up with all differnet things to talk about,, and questions for him,, cuz we both like askin each other certain types of questions,, but i really cant come up with anything anymore, it seems as tho ive covered everything,, and now i have nothing to talk about with him,, and then he gets upset bc he says i dont talk to him the way i used to,, its either im quiet,, or i say i dont have anything to say,, and it also upsets me bc,, i love wen we talk together,, bc wen i start to talk bbout sumthing,, he actually does listen ,, and usually we would have a very good time and laugh and joke,, and now its just depressing me,, bc everytime we talk now we arent sayin anythin really,, and we just sit there, and we wind up arguing about something,, and then i wind up feelin bad bc usually it seems to be my fault,, if anyone can please tell me,, what do i do now,, that i have nothing to talk about anymore,, , i wanna talk to him,, its just i have nothing to bring up,, since i dont have a life or anything that really goes on anymore,, makes me so upset,, cuz he gets frustrated,, im sorry this was so long any commets would be appreciated

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

**Talk about current events - Things going on in your town and all over the world, tell him something you heard on the news etc, discuss your feelings about it, ask his.

**Talk about pets - if you have one, if you want one, ones you have had in the past, his pet... animals are interesting creatures !

**Talk about music, movies you've seen, your feelings about them ask his, etc.

**Talk about your hopes and dreams, your goals, where you see yourself and find out his hopes and dreams and where he see's himself.

**Talk about family, your's or his, memories, etc.

**Talk about food, what you ate, what you want to eat etc.

**Talk about each other's days, the best and worst parts of them

**Talk about naughty stuff , if you guys want to

**Share a joke, or funny quote

**Recite some lyrics that mean something to you, or him, or that are just awesome regaurdless

**Talk about travel, where you have been - where you want to go - same for him.

There is just infinite things to talk about, but you also have to learn to appreciate the silence two people that are close can share with no pressure.

To engage him in conversation... be sure to ask questions that can't be answered with a yes or no, if they are yes or no questions, have a follow up to it that can ease him into elaborating.

EX... Would you ever want to visit Paris?

That can be answered with a yes or a no, stopping the convo...

EX ...What do you think would be fun about visiting paris?

Requires a more elaborate response, even its just to say "Oh I don't think it would be fun"... that could help lead to a discussion on why he wouldn't like to... or where else he'd like to go and for you to talk about the same.

Once you get the ball rolling in one topic, its easy to transission on to another as more and more things pop into your head, same will happen to him - some funny memory, something read or seen on tv that is related .. etc.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How about any books you are reading, a new hobby?

see thats the whole thing tho,, we discussed soooo many things already,, we know what we want wat we like,, we know each others pasts,, thats pretty much the only thing we do anymore,, is just talk about naughty things lol,, bc we cant think of anything else to really talk about, i ask him when he wakes up if he has any dreams,, how he slept and things like that,, and im just like lost for words,, and with questions iask him its usually not a yes or no,, so i make him describe things lol,, and thts another problem too,,, i dont have anything that goes on in my life anymore,, so no i dont have any new hobbies,, or books that i read,, i ont get to go out,, so theree is nothing i can really tell him that happened,, he has more to say than i do,, bc he works, and he is just like blahh,, about it,, and like last night he called me wen he got out of work,, and he just asked how i was doing,, and im like ok i guess, and he is like thats good, adn told me a lil thing he did at work,, and he was like so talk to me,, and i was like idk wat to say,, and then he just said ok well um im almost home anyways,, so ill just let you go,, and everytime i say i dont know wat to say,, like if we are on cam together or on the phone,, i can see and hear that it bothers him,, bc i have nothing to say to him anymore,,, we used to stay on the phone for 5 hours every night,, and now i cant even b on the phone for 10 minutes without him sayin ok ill just let you go,,

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array yellowpiXi3's Avatar
    Blog Entries

how often do you see your bf?

sharing experiences or activities together can always bring up conversation. And sometimes you don't have to talk to him EVERYDAY.... maybe that's what is missing. Some time apart. I noticed that just recently. And lucky for me I get to have a little break bc my bf is going out of town. And next week his friend is coming to visit. So they will have tons to talk about and to do.

Sometimes when we are in relationships and have shared almost every single intimate detail that it will fade out. But you gotta stop thinking and just go with the flow. How often do you talk to him? is it more times than you see him?

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I have the same problem. I see my boyfriend almost everyday. I know all his hopes, dreams, places he wants to visit, favorite music...all of that stuff, and he knows all of mine. We both do not like to party, we do not drink, so going out with friends is basically not an option (we are 21 and 20). I do not have any girlfriends to just hang out with because again I have zero interest in the pub/bar/club scene....not even for casual drinks. Neither of us have an interest in the gym so working out like most other people do, is totally out.

We are eachother's firsts so we spent a few months talking all night about sex and how things would play out. It was quite the learning experience because everything was new to us and very exciting. Now that the phase is over we have absolutely nothing. He likes to be a guy and watch hockey and play games, I have no interest in that. I like to read, but only certain school related material....practically all other books are a total joke to me. Neither of us have an outgoing personality, very laid back, not the life of the party type thing so it is hard to find stimulating conversation. When we do it is mostly about sex, which is okay but when it is only the same topics brought up over and over again it does get quite boring.

Maybe you to could find a common interest, even watching a tv show you both like can start conversation.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is why it's important for the two of you to have not only shared interests and activities, but separate ones too. You need to pursue some of your own interests and encourage him to as well.

Other things you can do?
    How about visiting more thought provoking places together, such as museums and educational displays? Get out and explore different things, go to the Ren fair in costumes that you create for yourselves - do some research. Don't just go to concerts for bands you both know and like, go listen to some other stuff together. Try some jazz, classical, a blues festival. Do you have a local Shakespeare festival? Go, see a play. Don't just go to the big release movies find some of the smaller more artsy theaters ahd see what they have to offer. Go to the planterium for nightime star viewing. There is a tone of stuff you can do together or on your own that will give you plenty to talk about and share.

Only boring people get bored. Expand your horizons.

How about planning and preparing some special meals together? For your families or some freinds? Get together and bake cookies from scratch. Do something challenging, make a cream puff ring together from scratch, or a Black Forest Cake.
    Expand your horizons! Keep expanding them!

Welcome Committee Club Array dr.mansview's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yellowpiXi3 View Post
    how often do you see your bf?

sharing experiences or activities together can always bring up conversation. And sometimes you don't have to talk to him EVERYDAY.... maybe that's what is missing. Some time apart. I noticed that just recently. And lucky for me I get to have a little break bc my bf is going out of town. And next week his friend is coming to visit. So they will have tons to talk about and to do.

Sometimes when we are in relationships and have shared almost every single intimate detail that it will fade out. But you gotta stop thinking and just go with the flow. How often do you talk to him? is it more times than you see him?
    completely agree YP13..u need time apart..find other interests..for me talking on the phone is at the bottom of my list..if it's every 3 or 4 days, great..there's gotta be something to talk about, but everyday? after 5 minutes i'm bored..make fewer calls and there will b more to say..as for texting, i'd rather have a root canal..
    a smart man learns from his mistakes..a wise man learns from the mistakes of others..

well the whole things is,, we cant see each other,, see we had met on myspace,, and he lived not too far from me,, and we got to see each other a few times,, an then he had to leave for florida to b with his family,, his mother and such,, so we really cant go and do those things,,as much as id like too,, we both love all different things,, we both love sports,, certain types of music,, all diff things,, its just lol ,, he leaves the talking mostly up to me,, and after a while im just lke left blank,, i love talkin to him tons,, and he loves me talkin lol,, and we go on cam and everything,, we play games together,, and all sorts of things,, but like 2 oclock in the morning,, you know just moments where its like **crickets ** lol,, adn just like Itsaseret,,, we are around their ages im 19 he is going to b 20,, and we dont really party or do anything like that,, he just works,, and thats it,, i brought it up to him today,,, that i dont like that we really dont talk so much,, and he said he will try and talk a lil more lol

March 2008 "Poster of the Month" Array

Talk about politics:

Is it fair that people your age will need to pay for the medical care of the elderly?

Should it be legal to file share music and videos? If so, how do the musicians make money?

Is it fair for the US and the UN to insist that Iran not have nuclear weapons when Israel does?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast