Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I tell my boyfriend that my teeth are fake?

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array asiangrace's Avatar

Default How do I tell my boyfriend that my teeth are fake?

I was born with cleft lip and pallet which really messed up my real teeth, so they were all removed during my teen years. I have two front teeth implants and the bottom front teeth are a removable bridge (like a retainer). It looks very realistic. We've been dating over a year and I've never told him about my fake teeth. I know it wouldn't change his feelings for me, but I am really embarassed about it! It's not because of negligence but due to a birth defect. I have had all my surgeries to make me look pretty, but the fake teeth still bother me. How do I tell him? I feel like it's weird after a year to just be like, "Oh, baby, by the way, did I mention that my teeth pop out?"
    I'm afraid of French kissing because I am scared he'll feel the bridge with his tongue. I've really shied away from French and he asks why and I just say "I don't know".

I kinda know how you feel.... I was born with a birth defect on my feet and I am extremely selfconscious about it. I take it you guys dont live together? My advice would be to break the ice.... if he is over at your house you pop the bottom out and say you have something stuck in them and if he has a surprised reaction just say "oh did I never mention this", and explain the story behind it. I hope that is good advice, I bet you have a beautiful smile!!! XOXO

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Asiangrace, (86) year born?

We can't help hereditory things that happen and as you get older there will be more.

I have my first tooth down the bottom, missing and replaced with a denture piece, so I know how your feeling, in addition, I'm single (for now ).

You know what? It's superficial if someone wants to walk out based on teeth, if I can be rude and say, let's face it, the man isn't going to get mad about your teeth getting in the way during foreplay

It's superficial if someone won't go out with me because there will be more of the little buggers that will not last, and a few that will... I really will look like a Witch.. but in today's day and age? Your right, they look real, it's no big deal and gone are the days you have to take them out, you clean them as usual, big deal..

You smile and keep smiling you've been with him a year just tell him you have something hereditory that you were emabarrased to state, love yourself, you don't need to do things to your body to make you look beautiful either as a result of missing teeth, you are beautiful remember that and the guy, that loves you will love you un-conditionally as that is what love is all about.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Quote Originally Posted by geedee View Post
    I kinda know how you feel.... I was born with a birth defect on my feet and I am extremely selfconscious about it. I take it you guys dont live together? My advice would be to break the ice.... if he is over at your house you pop the bottom out and say you have something stuck in them and if he has a surprised reaction just say "oh did I never mention this", and explain the story behind it. I hope that is good advice, I bet you have a beautiful smile!!! XOXO
    Aw you are soooo sweet! We do live together. I am just super careful to not let him see. I brush my teeth alone in the bathroom, etc. You gave good advice! Now I just have to summons the courage to actually pop it out in front of him!
    I don't know why I'm so self conscious about it. It's not like he's going to love me any less! Maybe I just have to get over myself
    On a more positive note, I'm glad the teeth look good that not even my boyfriend can tell they're not real!

Blog Entries

We posted at the same time asiangrace!!!

So, PS: You made me feel still sexy and great, on your last comment, it's not going to bother me so much any more as I lose more lol..

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDLERS WISH View Post
    Asiangrace, (86) year born?

We can't help hereditory things that happen and as you get older there will be more.

I have my first tooth down the bottom, missing and replaced with a denture piece, so I know how your feeling, in addition, I'm single (for now ).

You know what? It's superficial if someone wants to walk out based on teeth, if I can be rude and say, let's face it, the man isn't going to get mad about your teeth getting in the way during foreplay

It's superficial if someone won't go out with me because there will be more of the little buggers that will not last, and a few that will... I really will look like a Witch.. but in today's day and age? Your right, they look real, it's no big deal and gone are the days you have to take them out, you clean them as usual, big deal..

You smile and keep smiling you've been with him a year just tell him you have something hereditory that you were emabarrased to state, love yourself, you don't need to do things to your body to make you look beautiful either as a result of missing teeth, you are beautiful remember that and the guy, that loves you will love you un-conditionally as that is what love is all about.

CW
    Thanks CW! Yes, 86 is my birth year :-) I definitely don't fear him walking out on me. I think it's just a self-consiciousness more than anything. Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am probably making this a bigger deal than it is. I just don't want him to find out through French Kissing! (one of his favorite things).

Blog Entries

If you do it right anyway, it's tounges dancing I did it not long ago "French Kissing" and he didn't know......

I thinks so, seeing as I don't care, nore should you and I'm older !!!!!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array danceintx's Avatar

I bet you are making a bigger deal out of it than he would care. You should bring it up, just one day hanging out, and say " Oh, I don't guess I ever told you, my teeth aren't real". I think once you get it out of the way, and aren't afraid to french kiss him, you and he will be much happier.

Junior Member Array

My friend's top four front teeth are fake. She went out for ice cream with a guy she liked and while he was talking she just dipped her teeth into the ice cream and held them there for a really, really long time. He asked "Doesn't that hurt?" She said "Nah they're fake. Keep talking" ha ha I thought it was clever!

I have one fake tooth but it's a canine, I wish I could have done the same thing! I think that if you don't act like it's a big deal, he won't act like it's a big deal either! Good luck!!

VIP Member Array

Oh my goodness, girl...your picture is absolutely adorable! If he truly loves you he won't care! He'd probably be way more upset that you've kept something so minor from him than he would be about fake teeth. Most guys aren't bothered by fake boobs, so why are teeth any different?

I have a bunch of fake teeth due to an accident and I have a great smile and love to French kiss. Tell him and start kissing your man properly!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast