Forum:

Thread: Girlfriend challenge

Junior Member Array

Default Girlfriend challenge

Hey. I am a 26 year old guy, 5 11 / 170 lbs. The sport which I am best at is long distance running however I have never wrestled. I was joking about wrestling with my gf (27 5'3 small build) and she said that she knows a lot of women who could outwrestle me and she thinks she could as well.I thought she was joking at first but didn't decide to wrestle. Seriously guys, can a woman outwrestle a guy my size or is mixed wrestling fake.

Blog Entries

From your measurements, I would assume you're quite thin ... there are a lot of women who are taller, stronger, weigh more without being fat, etc.
    I could probably take you. If I were still at my physical best (5'9", 170lbs, very strong back then) I would leave out the "probably."
    Could your 5'3" girlfriend take you? Maybe, maybe not. What does she weigh, how compact is her muscle structure, these sorts of questions will decide whether or not she could out-wrestle you. Moreover, has she had any wrestling training?
    If you were 6'4" and 230 lbs, I would be less absolute. But I'm definitely sure there are women who could knock you down and keep you down.
    Nature gives us shapeless shapes,
    Clouds and waves and flame,
    But human expectation is that love remains the same,
    And when it doesn’t, we point our fingers and blame.

Register|Contact Admin|Email Admin

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array baja's Avatar

Like any sport, it is dependent on one's physical giftedness/size, conditioning and technique. I could easily see a person smaller/lighter out-wrestling you if their conditioning and technique is sufficiently better.

Further, you would be amazed at what a person who has developed their "fast twitch" muscles can accomplish. Absolutely tremendous amounts of strength can be summoned quickly and would leave more than enough time to have you pinned to the ground with her holding you in place using a pressure point.

I would say yes definitely.

As a woman who is 5'4 124lbs and an ex-wrestler ... I kick my hubbies butt when we wrestle and he is 5'7 204lbs of pure muscle - he's also got jujitsu training (I've got a bit of karate, and we have both been rough 'n tumble type people). (Of course, he beats me when he starts using that and other techniques that I cannot defend against)

I do win (honest winning - he will not 'let' me win) probably 50% of the time we wrestle.
    PLUS!!! Plus, it is a great way to get all hot and sweaty ... mmmmm rawr! Neked wrestling can be quite fun for a couple!

Baja makes an excellent point, and it is one that I use often - if a person knows the technique and they know the pressure points ... you will be amazed at how much a person can accomplish. It sure ticks my hubby off when I've got him pinned with my chin and (we can get downright beastly with each other but never go so far as to actually hurt) and a knee and he can't do a darn thing. Bwahahahahahaha!

Junior Member Array

You are all probably right. It is just my small mindedness. It would be really weird if a wife or gf could outwrestle a husband.

Junior Member Array

Also I know what you guys mean about being trained in a certain sport e.g. I know people who would kick my butt at a swimming race but if we ran then I would win easily.

- WINNER OF THE BEST THREAD April 2011 Array Maximus's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am glad this is not a combat sport forum, else this thread would have gone wild !!!!
    Size does not matter between two people with the same technique and athleticism.
    When one of the parameter is off balance then size starting playing in increasing proportion to the difference of combined factors of technique and athleticism

Against somebody taller, heavier, more athletic and with more technique, it would like competing against a child, with all due respect lol
    Behold the presence of the Father in all beings...

Banned from WH Array

Quote Originally Posted by justarandomguy26 View Post

and she said that she knows a lot of women who could outwrestle me and she thinks she could as well...
    THAT'S HOT!

if you wrestle her, both of you can win!!!

Junior Member Array

Default Wrestling Challenge

I am 5'6" 135 lbs and I had been able to outwrestle my ex-husband (5'9" 165) for years. Early on it was him winning about one third the time. Much of my success was due to my keeping myself in top physical condition, while he had become soft over the 19 years we were married. I had an easier time with him the older we became. Finally, we stopped as it became an activity that was too one-sided and probably a little too humiliating for him to enjoy on a steady basis.

Junior Member Array

Its possible, but certainly not common, its like ask if a woman can swim faster or lift more weight than you (without dopping); these girls exists and even can height 5'3, but these girls are rare. You need to understand that you could be talking about a girl that have been training seriously compared with a boy with little or nothing of training, in martial arts or wrestling.

If you two have the same martial arts or wrestling background, the most likely is that you will defeat her in a match, but may be exceptions to the rule; there are boys with talent for wrestle and boys without talent for it, the same for women; and if you are comparing a man and a woman with the same level of talent and training compared with their own gender groups (example average men vs average woman), you ll get that generally the man will defeat the woman; but if you compare a highly talented woman with an untalented man, the woman generally will be the one that defeats the man. As easy like this.

So take it easy, even if she defeats you, you can train the same she trains, and with this training the probabilities of outwrestle her will be totally on your side.