Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative?

  1. #1
    Banned from WH Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative?


    Why is it always the man who has to take the initiative? The man is usually the one who has to ask the girl out and initiate every contact when dating. Why don't girls ever ask guy's out? Why don't girls ever initiate contact?

  2. #2
    WH Super Moderator Array Fallen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,840
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I think you're going to find that you will get the same kind of replies as your last "why is it always the man ....".

    It is not ALWAYS the man. Maybe in your experience but not as a rule.

    As said before, it's a SOME men and SOME women about every thing in life. You can't always put the entire sex (whether male or female) in the box.
    There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

  3. #3
    WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vegas
    Posts
    8,546
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    How old are you?
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

    Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.



  4. #4
    WH Moderator - JUNE 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH- Array KMonte85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    You sure do like your absolutes, don't you?

    This is quite a similar stance to your last thread (that was closed because of your stubborness to actually soaking in the responses you were receiving, btw). http://www.womens-health.com/boards/...tiate-sex.html

    Why don't girls ever do _____? Why does the man always have to take the initiative to do _____?

    There are no absolutes when it comes to men and women, as you should find out along your life's journey. I, myself, was very upfront to guys that I liked and wanted to date. I asked them out, I made plans. Heck, even now with my current boyfriend, who I've been with for a few years now, I pretty much took the initiative to plan our dates. I asked him to move in with me. Sure, he did some planning and made moves along the way too... but I wasn't just a bystander to the progression of our relationship.

    I'm not sure what girls you are finding yourself around, but they must all be pretty passive. Perhaps it is time to go outside of your normal dating scene and find some independent, secure women who will take charge. (but I'm not sure you're gonna like it! lol)
    Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson



  5. #5
    Banned from WH Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen1 View Post
    I think you're going to find that you will get the same kind of replies as your last "why is it always the man ....".

    It is not ALWAYS the man. Maybe in your experience but not as a rule.

    As said before, it's a SOME men and SOME women about every thing in life. You can't always put the entire sex (whether male or female) in the box.
    Well maybe not always... There's always exceptions, I'm shure there are alot of girls who made the first move... But it's usually the guy who has to ask the girl out first, in the majority of times it's the guy who has to initiate contact.

  6. #6
    WH Moderator - JUNE 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH- Array KMonte85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    But it's usually the guy who has to ask the girl out first, in the majority of times it's the guy who has to initiate contact.
    How do you know this? Can you give examples?

    Or are these comments just based off of your personal experience? If that is the case, then you need to expand your horizons and find women who are not so passive and will take charge, as it seems that is what you think you want.
    Most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson



  7. #7
    WH Super Moderator Array Fallen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,840
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMulder View Post
    Well maybe not always... There's always exceptions, I'm shure there are alot of girls who made the first move... But it's usually the guy who has to ask the girl out first, in the majority of times it's the guy who has to initiate contact.
    Ok ....... now where getting somewhere.

    I think you will find that a lot of this has to do with the way society sees things and the spoken and unspoken "rules" that were/are placed on how women were and are to act. Things are changing now, daily, and women are becoming more open in things and taking the initiative in dating practices and especially where sex is concerned.
    There is a method to my madness ........ I just haven't found it yet.

  8. #8
    WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Your sentences should read:

    No women make contact with ME, no women inniciate with ME, no women ever make the first move with ME? Why is that?

    If all the guys in your circle have the same problem... then your question should read:

    Me and the guys I know never have women take the inniciative with us, why is that ?

    Because that is something we can give you advice on.

    Many women have no trouble inniciating anything from contact to sex. If you are having trouble meeting women like that or if you meet women like that and they aren't that way with you... that is something we can try to help you find an answer for.

    Answering a false accusation makes no sense to any of us thats why you didn't get far in your first post.

    I"m sure there are plenty people however that would be willing to help you understand why you personally are having these female problems.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

  9. #9
    Banned from WH Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    67

    Default

    i Do agree with all others that it is not ALWAYS like that. i know many girls who took the initiative in their cases. But as a girl, i would never like to go ask my man to go out for a date.
    no specific reason but i like it that way and i think it always feel good if a man asks a girl to lets set a date. lol

  10. #10
    Banned from WH Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Dork View Post
    Your sentences should read:

    No women make contact with ME, no women inniciate with ME, no women ever make the first move with ME? Why is that?

    If all the guys in your circle have the same problem... then your question should read:

    Me and the guys I know never have women take the inniciative with us, why is that ?

    Because that is something we can give you advice on.

    Many women have no trouble inniciating anything from contact to sex. If you are having trouble meeting women like that or if you meet women like that and they aren't that way with you... that is something we can try to help you find an answer for.

    Answering a false accusation makes no sense to any of us thats why you didn't get far in your first post.

    I"m sure there are plenty people however that would be willing to help you understand why you personally are having these female problems.
    First I just want to say that I don't really date, I'm not really putting myself out there so I can understand why girls don't initiate contact with me. I'm just an extremley shy, quiet and introverted guy... But I'm working on changing that.

    And I do know that alot of girls ask guys out. But for the most part it's the guy who has to ask the girl out. Are you honestly saying that girls ask guys out just as much as guys ask girls out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Beauty & Style | Fitness & Nutrition | Family & Relationships | Sex & Sexual Health | Physical & Mental Health | Girl Talk | Forum Home
Home | Health Library | Contact | Terms Of Service | Contact | Privacy Policy

© Womens-Health.com 2013 and Emerge Media