Forum:

Thread: Need sister-in-law advice...

Junior Member Array

Default Need sister-in-law advice...

My sister-in-law and I use to be friends until I started noticing that she was a gossip and copycat. I am 28 and she is 24. My mother-in-law is a gossip and liar as well but, I have learned to deal with her. My Sister-in-law is a different story and she drives me crazy. She copies clothes I wear, hair styles, pushes her nose into my families affairs and then is one of those people that has to have everything better than you. Most recently she bought a new truck the exact same color as my car. There are hundreds more examples I could tell but won't bore you. the most annoying thing right now is she is constantly stickin her nose in my family business. I have 3 sisters and one just out she was pregnant.. my sister-in-law emailed me to tell me?? I already knew but, its like she has to be the first to tell everything or spread gossip and the sad thing is that its for show. i need help in dealing with this. I try to ignore her but, she even goes to the resort of telling my mother-in-law that we (my husband and I) haven't been talking to her and I don't know how to handle it without mouthing them both off cause I woudl really like to tell her off and to top it off her mother thinks she is the perfect child and tries to make everyone else think that as well. I think she is jealous or insecure but will take any advice or tips or how to stay sane. Please help

Junior Member Array

Well I dont really have this problem being that I am close with both my sister in law and mother in law but I can try and help as much as possible. She obviously is lacking something in her own life by medling in others so take that into consideration. Maybe she is envious of you cause she was really close with her brother. Maybe she just likes you. But I know the kind of person you are talking about. I use to have a copycat too. Buy something that she hates and go someplace she wouldn't be caught dead in. See if she really is all that copycatish. I honestly would take it as a compliment but if she is driving you insane, then, maybe you should just ignore her. I know that sounds more difficult than it really is but ignore her. And if she starts mentioning that you are ignoring her, tell her you had no time to deal with those problems. You have kids or a family of your own to maintain and not her 24 year old antics. That's what I would do. Hope it helped.
    Lil Ole Me

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

Quote Originally Posted by laurankoby View Post
    My sister-in-law and I use to be friends until I started noticing that she was a gossip and copycat. I am 28 and she is 24. My mother-in-law is a gossip and liar as well but, I have learned to deal with her. My Sister-in-law is a different story and she drives me crazy. She copies clothes I wear, hair styles, pushes her nose into my families affairs and then is one of those people that has to have everything better than you. Most recently she bought a new truck the exact same color as my car. There are hundreds more examples I could tell but won't bore you. the most annoying thing right now is she is constantly stickin her nose in my family business. I have 3 sisters and one just out she was pregnant.. my sister-in-law emailed me to tell me?? I already knew but, its like she has to be the first to tell everything or spread gossip and the sad thing is that its for show. i need help in dealing with this. I try to ignore her but, she even goes to the resort of telling my mother-in-law that we (my husband and I) haven't been talking to her and I don't know how to handle it without mouthing them both off cause I woudl really like to tell her off and to top it off her mother thinks she is the perfect child and tries to make everyone else think that as well. I think she is jealous or insecure but will take any advice or tips or how to stay sane. Please help
    I presume you have talked to your husband about his sister? What does he say?

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by laurankoby View Post
    Wow! I wish I could help you! I have a problem with my sis-in-law. She seems to get along with both of my brothers but not me. My mom she disrespects. And now she is hanging out with my best friend. And my best friend is inviting her to places. It's such a double standard because she get's VERY TERRITORIAL when her friends invite me to parties. And I have a friend that married my brother's friend and she gets territorial with her.
    I've tried hard just to keep the peace and not get too annoyed with her. But I'm almost fed up because she plays this double standard card. She can associate with my friends but I can't associate with hers? Seriously do not know what her problem is. When we talk, she avoids eye contact with me. She rarely listens to what I have to say.
    Someone please help! This is driving me insane. She just seems to be VERY TERRITORIAL and looks like she seems to see me as someone who is trying to overpower her or something. Plus it doesn't help that she's an ALPHA-FEMALE!

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Appreciate your response but this is 2 years old... closed thread.. please start your own and welcome to the forum

CW
    Do we not realise that in order to find a soul
    It doesn't happen over night
    if truth were to be told.

Like everything in life that's hard to achieve
    you must believe!