Forum:

Thread: TEll MOM iM HAViNG SEX AT 16?

Junior Member Array

Exclamation TEll MOM iM HAViNG SEX AT 16?

iM SiXTEEN && i`VE BEEN HAViNG SEX SiNCE i WAS 12... BUT THE GUY i`M WiTH NOW, SHE THiNK`S iSZ MY FiRST BOYFRiEND... && WE`RE HAViNG SEX.. SHOUlD i TELL HER NOW? OR KEEP iT 2 MYSELF?

VIP Member Array

Default It depends

If you have been having sex since you were 12 theres a good chance that at somepoint you haven't been responsible about it. If your mom is the type that will understand, which at 16, she should, then yes tell her. Maybe not about how long you have been having sex, lessen the blow to her!! But why not tell her just that your having sex now. Are you on birth control?????? Only a doctor can give it to you and your mother probably gets the bill since your a minor. This way you can get tested, and get on birth control to avoid situations that -trust me- you don't want to be in. I got pregnant when i was 17. And std's. Your life is more important then telling your mom something. hiv aids?? On the other hand if your family is a little different, strict, like gonna kick you out for this stuff, there are other options. Planned Parenthood will accept you as a pateint, knowing that you don't want your parents to know. They base your fee on how much you earn, which if your 16 probably not much so the cost will be very very low. They don't send things to your address, if they have to call or something they will even act like a freind from school!! I think it depends on the state you live in, but at 16 you have the right to your own body in the eyes of the law. No matter what you do with your mom, be safe first. Theres no problem with having sex, but keep yourself safe above anything else!!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array tinkerbell930's Avatar

Default Good question

You didn't say if you are close to your mom, or if sex has ever been discussed. I am a mom and have 3 girls. 21, 19 and 14. My middle daughter told me about my oldest daughter having sex when she was 16, I asked my oldest about it and told her to make sure she was being safe. My middle daughter and her boyfriend (been together for 4 years now) came to me a few days after they had sex for the first time. It was nice that they both felt comfortable coming to me about it. It has made for a very strong relationship for all of us. You never want to hear that your little girl is having sex, but assuming they aren't is not the way to go. If you feel comfortable with her, tell her. If she loves you and wants to be there for you, she will understand.

Regardless If You're Close To Your Mom, It Would Be A Good Ideal To Tell Her....think About It...if Something Goes Wrong (not Saying It Will)...you Might Need Her Support. Moms Can Be More Understanding To These Things. Who Knows'...maybe She May Tell You Things That You Might Need To Hear.
    ~ LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY HOW MANY BREATHS WE TAKE...BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY! ~

August 2007 "Poster of the Month" Array housewife's Avatar

Question A question

how did you have sex at 12?
    was your body well developed?
    when I was 12 I was a kid, (physically and mentally).

telling your mother will not shock her as much as telling her that you stared at 12.
    but anyway tell her.
    Last edited by housewife; 07-06-2007 at 09:16 PM.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array lilly41's Avatar

How can you have sex at 12? I didn't even know what sex is.lol

Anyway if your mum is open about sex stuff talk to her otherwise be care full
    she might kick you out and at 16 you got plenty of time to have sex just look after yourself.

VIP Member Array kittie21692000's Avatar

Talking me too

when i was 12 i started having sex, when i was 16 i told my mom i wanted to go on birthcontrol just in case things got to that level with my boyfriend. u have to trust ur mom that she believes u can make these decisions on ur own. Let her know u learned all about sex ed and that u want to be protected and safe. Shes gotta give u some credit for wanting to be safe, and for coming to her instead of doing it behind her back. Just dont mension the started at 12 part. lol....good luck!!

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array

She may react badly, she may not. I'm 18, and just this Monday my mom told me she wanted me on the pill. Now, I went and got the shot on my own 2 days before this!, and now regret it. My mom handled it SO much better than I would have ever given her credit for. She sat me down, told me she was proud that I waited as long as I did and until I was in a long-lasting, committed relationship. She did voice one small disappointment: That I didn't come to her sooner. Tell your mom. She may surprise you.

Junior Member Array

Default trust

U started at 12, well im 13 and im still not ready for sex. my bf is 16 just turned and he said he will wait untill im ready, he said he will NOT push me into nything to fast. he also said to speak up if he is pushin me and not realising it but since he told me tht we av had a lot more trust in each other. if i was u, i wouldnt tell ur mom bout the age bit just tht u are havin sex at this age she will understand cus most moms av gone through wt ur goin through. just trust me,, dont have sex if u dont wnt to. just think bout all the risks tht could happen such as, std's--> hiv, aids, crabs, hurpies, yano wot i mean and top it all off u wouldnt wnt to get pregnant at your age. 16 is the age to be runnin free and havin fun wiv ya life, not havin sex wiv ya bf who u may think love you, which possibley may not love you. Hope i aint said nything tht could upset u but i dont want u gettin hurt. If ur afraid to tell your mom, try tellin her with ur boyfriend there, he will comfort you and try to explain to your mom how he freels bout u. ive invited my bf round this week, to meet my parrents, me and him av only been togeva for almost 5months but we both trust each other.

xx Ellie xx

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Old thread.

Please stick to more current ones.

Closed.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.