Forum:

Thread: parents and boyfriend (fiance) don't get along...

Junior Member Array

Unhappy parents and boyfriend (fiance) don't get along...

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 3 years. Have lived together for about 2 1/2. Last spring, my parents and him got into a HUGE fight. Since then, I haven't really spoken much to my parents (we used to be so close). They owe us both an apology, as well as my boyfriends 2 kids........

I've kind of come to the conclusion that this will never happen. My parents are very stubborn people : ( My boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage. How will this work??...... Ceremony? Financially?? If they don't want to help financially b/c of the fight do we let them attend the wedding???
    Not even sure how to bring it up to them......

Blog Entries

What did the fight concern?
    On one hand, it could be "They're your parents and they want what's best for you," but on the other hand, some parents aren't like that; they're just looking for trouble.

More information on why they don't like each other would really help.

Junior Member Array

it was such a ************ fight! long story short...we left the kids on the beach with my parents (asked first, of course) said we were going for a walk. Ended up changing our minds and took my dads bike (pedel) Told them we would be an hour. we were 5 min late (seriously only 5 min) and my dad freaked out. Said we lied (because we didn't walk we rode the bike) and that my boyfriend "abandoned" his kids..... then it turned so ugly. things said by both of them were rediculous. My boyfriend went to their house to apologise (by himself) all he said was "i'm here to apologise, and I expect the same from you" They refused. Denying everything they said. I later pleaded with them. saying if you loved me you would at the very least apologize for the POSSIBLITY of saying what you said......nothing.
    Since then I've talked a little with my mom, but not like it used to be. and my dad and I haven't really spoken at all.