Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Losing weight in hips/stomach, NOT boobs...?!

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

Exclamation Losing weight in hips/stomach, NOT boobs...?!

I'm sure this question has been asked to death... I've briefly combed the forums without finding this specific thread, so I decided to post this myself.

What's the best way to lose fat in the hips/stomach area without losing it elsewhere, specifically boobs? I'm about a 36B and would like to keep it that way, although tbh my breasts don't really change in size with changes in my weight, at least not that I've noticed... But I've gotten a little freaked out by everyone else saying that it happens.

Recently I've also started to appreciate my body for how it is, but with that appreciation I've found myself going a lil' more lenient on myself... I don't want to get completely lazy and then wake up one day and find I've turned into a whale.

Thanks!

WH Head Moderator Array WildChild's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Supposedly a MUFA diet will do the trick but since my eating seems to be mostly healthy to really healthy - I don't really Do diets. I can't speak from experience.
    We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Mudoch, British writer

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

i dont think dieting is the key with most people. i find exercise the way to go, i take my dog for a long walk on the beach everyday, and do yoga say 5 times a week and have noticed really positive changes in my body, i am definately more shapely and my waist is a lot smaller. i dont do diets either, i get cranky when i'm hungry!!!

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

yeah diets... blargh. I eat moderately healthy as is and am happy with the occasional unhealthy snack, which makes me happy.

I LOVE walks. Walking with my ipod is like the number one way to get rid of stress, for me. I guess I should try to do more of it. I get so tired after work on weekdays that I want to just plop down when I get home, but I guess that's not the way to go.

Sorry WC, what's a MUFA diet?

i take a walk in the early evening, i know you probably do just want to rest when you get home, but i find a walk is a great energiser for the evening. i actually read an article where they said a study found a walk in the evening as relaxing as two glasses of wine. i know which is better for you. i guess my dog and her sorrowful eyes are a great motivator for me. my daughter comes too and we talk about our day. its a great habit to get into!

Aww, sorrowful eyes! How cute.

Alright, I'm going to start this habit, today!

i know she follows me around the house, and everytime i sit down she gives out a big sigh and lies down where she can look sadly at me, this goes on until i say the magic word and then shes running around excitedly all sadness forgotten!!! LOL guilted out by a dog!

Banned from WH Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mes_T View Post
    I'm sure this question has been asked to death... I've briefly combed the forums without finding this specific thread, so I decided to post this myself.

What's the best way to lose fat in the hips/stomach area without losing it elsewhere, specifically boobs? I'm about a 36B and would like to keep it that way, although tbh my breasts don't really change in size with changes in my weight, at least not that I've noticed... But I've gotten a little freaked out by everyone else saying that it happens.

Recently I've also started to appreciate my body for how it is, but with that appreciation I've found myself going a lil' more lenient on myself... I don't want to get completely lazy and then wake up one day and find I've turned into a whale.

Thanks!
    Your genetics will be the deciding factor with where your fat loss occurs sequentially.

For most women, the first place they put on fat....(butt/hips) is the last place it will come off, unfortunately.

In my experience, you'll start noticing weight loss in your face, down to your shoulders, to your breasts, and lastly your waist, hips, then butt.

Counting calories is easily as important as your activity level. If you are trying to lose fat, you will need to maintain a caloric deficit. Which means that you burn more calories than you take in. This is accomplished most effectively by a reduction in calories and a dramatic increase in activity.

Walking helps, but the fat loss isn't dramatic enough for most people who soon lose initiative. I'd suggest running or 30 minutes of intense cardio on an elliptical to start. Once you start seeing results, it becomes addicting.

Good luck.

Unfortunately, the first thing people want to do is cut calories...you should be around a normal calorie intake so that your metabolism doesn't start to crash. Then as OTYA stated, you need to increase activity level so that you are burning more calories then your body will take in. For instance, your body will burn a certain amount of calories at rest (resting metabolic rate) and so then everything you do for cardio will burn off extra calories. If you would like some articles on why you don't cut calories I would be happy to provide those for you. Unfortunately as well, you can't spot reduce and once again, as OTYA stated, the first place to put on weight, is the last to come off.

Finally, be patient...if you do the right things at the right times and include strength/resistance training along with proper diet and cardio, you will take off the weight and keep it off. It just takes some time. It didn't get put on overnight, it won't come off overnight.
    Be the change you want to see in the world!

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Absolutely.

But, also this is an old trick, put a broom stick behind your shoulders and twist left to right slowly to each side and repeat say 15 x 3 times each day.

Hold your stomach muscles in as you run, or walk fast, but hold the stomach muscles in and breathe, hold and breathe.

Drink lots of water and if your diet is poor time to change it as well.

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast