Forum:

Thread: Help! What workout to do to get rid of Cellulite on butt and back thighs?

Junior Member Array

Default Help! What workout to do to get rid of Cellulite on butt and back thighs?

Hello
    I'm 21 years old, 5'5 weight 117

a few months ago i started to get cellulite on my butt and back thighs. What are some exercises that i could do to get rid of this,
    I dont have a membership to a gym, so during the week I run outside, and try to do Jillian Michaels work out videos.
    I started to do squats i just dont know how many I should be doing?
    If anyone could give me advice on what excerises to do and how many to get rid of cellulite please let me know.
    Thank you!

WH Super Moderator Array Hopeless Dork's Avatar

If you can, use a stair climber, if you don't have access to one, try using actual stairs. Leg lifts, leg lifts using weights even better, squats are awesome and you are already doing those. Keep up with your cardio(the running) avoid fatty, sugary foods... try to eat the right amount of calories and good healthy nutricious foods to make the most of those calories. Can't tell you how many you should be doing, but if you youtube up some squatting videos you can check out and make sure your technique is correct firstly before exhurting yourself to something not so effective.

You should be doing them daily, amount can increase as you go along. Its best to do them in sets then break in between... but how many reps and how many sets are dependent on your fitness level, etc.
    Scars remind us of where we've been...they don't have to dictate where we're going.

Junior Member Array

It's great that you're working towards a goal. Cellulite can be really hard to get rid of, unfortunately for many women it's genetic. But there are several ways to help decrease the appearance and do your best to fight it off... first make sure you're drinking plenty of water. Staying hydrated helps keep you flushed of toxins and keeps the cellulite appearance down. On that same note avoid drinks like coffee which is a diuretic. For exercises, complex moves are important and not having a gym membership isn't going to hurt you. I do advise on grabbing a set of exercise bands though to help with intensity and moves.

Exercises like walking lunges, step ups, split squats (the best!) are great and you can do them in your living room. Do them every other day since you never want to workout the same muscle groups back to back due to their need to repair and recover. Do 3-4 sets of 13-15 reps.
    "It's suppose to be hard, if it wasn't hard everyone would do it... the hard is what makes it great." Helping women get great workout plans to hit big goals.

Junior Member Array

Try to increase the weight after each set, or add more repetitions. That's how you keep constant progress with an exercise.
    Last edited by ElizabethG; 08-21-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Junior Member Array

Default get rid of cellulite

Some exercises are better for getting rid of cellulite...although I would look at your diet first. It is best to have a clean diet...so no artificial sweeteners, like nutrasweet, or anything with aspertime. These sweeteners screw up your hormones which causes an imbalance. If you do like adding a sweetener to your coffee or tea try Stevia....it is a natural sweetener with no calories...I used to get mine at the health food store, but now most grocery stores have a health section so you can easily get it anywhere. Cellulite can also be genetic so does your mother or aunts have it? If they do you can still reduce it but it may be a bit tougher to get rid of.

Definately look at your diet first though....everything starts with what you put into your body and then go to exercises..I found alot of this info at cottagecheeselegs.com | .....also have you tried dry brushing your skin? you do this before you shower...I find it really helps to smooth your skin and it gets your circulation going...you buy a special body brush and you brush your skin in a certain direction...always towards your heart though...not sure what the reason for this is...but I find it really helps. Cellulite sucks! My daughter who is in great shape...does hot yoga, runs, eats really healthy, even has a tiny bit of cellulite...hope this helps