Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flabby Arms are gross. I have flabby arms.

Junior Member Array

Angry Flabby Arms are gross. I have flabby arms.

Any fast tricks to tone my arms. I'm already doing cardio and eating healthy. I get so bored with weight training, and I'm sure thats what I need to do, but I don't see results. What are the secrets?!?

Junior Member Array

Default Bench dips

I am desperately trying not to get flabby arms like my mother! I do try to do lots of things with my arms, carrying heavy shopping bags and keeping a tension in my arms, rigourous gardening etc. However, a good way to work the triceps, whilst watch TV , is to get a little stool, or even the coffee table, sit on the edge of it, put you hands either side of your hips with your fingers over hanging the edge. Place your feet about 1m away from the table flat on the floor and slightly apart. Take the weight on your arms/hands and slip you bum off the table. Keeping your weight on you arms (and a little bit on your legs), bend your arms so you dip below the table edge. Don't go too far cos you could strain your triceps but take it down so you remain comfortable. Using your arms, raise your body up again and repeat, down and up, until you can't take any more. Have a rest.....then repeat! as much as you want!
    Remember to stretch your triceps out again when you've finished!
    Hope this helps!

I saw on a workout show you can even use water bottles(with water in them of course) and work your arms. You can use a broom also and lift it over your head. Have you tried watching the workout shows on the Fit Channel? They have LOTS of shows you can try

Junior Member Array

If weights aren't your thing, there's a lot you can do with a stability ball and resistance bands (both inexpensive), to help tone your arms. They both can be a lot of fun too.

Jenn

Junior Member Array

Red face weights

Okay, so weights have actually become regular in my workout and yes, I'm seeing results... Thanks for all the tips though!

Junior Member Array

Default thanks for all the info

Thanks for all the info. I also can't stand the the bat wings.

Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jperilman View Post
    Any fast tricks to tone my arms. I'm already doing cardio and eating healthy. I get so bored with weight training, and I'm sure thats what I need to do, but I don't see results. What are the secrets?!?
    Thanks for the info ! Do you think i'll be able to tone up in 3 weeks if i workout everyday for about an hour ? Desperately need to lose the flab ! Haha.

Hi all,

Just thought I would share a little trick of my own. I have a bad neck so lifting weights can set it off 8 out of 10 times. I have to be careful so a trainer showed me this little trick.

Stand against a wall, hand to elbows flat on the wall about shoulder length apart. Press out with your hands. Do 3 sets of 10 reps each (or start slow and do 1-2 sets). Believe me you will feel it the next day.

I also do the dips but in the pool. It doesn't hurt my neck as much. Another good one is doing the push ups on your bed, its soft and not as hard on you if you are a beginner.

Ok thats my input hope it helps....
    Gemi23

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

Tricep pushups are great. Just like a regular pushup but keep your elbows tucked in to your sides and slowly lower yourself down and then back up.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod

Junior Member Array

Default stop pushing and start pulling

I actually have learned that most women only do muscles extension movements to tone their arms, i.e. push-ups, dips, tricep curls however to beat the flab you have to tone your muscles by pulling. Naturally our arms are stronger at pushing than pulling but muscles move more than one way.

For a cardio workout that focuses on pulling the row machine is the best.
    For a weight training workout, I prefer a mix of resistance bands and cable machines. In order to see results, three weeks your muscles should be adjusted to their new routine and in six weeks new muscles will form.

Sometimes you have to stop pushing, and start pulling!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast