Forum:

Thread: 8-Week WOMAN Fitness Challenge

Junior Member Array

Default 8-Week WOMAN Fitness Challenge

I'm helping to promote Women's Health Week through Womens-Health.com, and have just set up a team for members of this community to participate in the 8-week WOMAN (women and girls moving out across the nation) fitness challenge, being sponsored by the US Dept. of Health and Human Services.

It's an 8-week fitness challenge that you can participate individually or with a team. You get to choose a virtual route in the US to have your progress tracked against.

If you'd like to join me in this fitness challenge, and in celebrating Women's Health Week (starting on Mother's Day), you can register for the challenge. Then just go to your "my challenge" page, and look for a link to find a team to join. Our team is called "Womens-Health." I hope to see a few of you take on the challenge with me.

Jenn

kaylar

I'm in Jamaica...does that work?

Junior Member Array

Sure, why not? And for any non-US users that may be out there, why not join in too? It's sponsored by the US Dept. of Health and Human Services, but there's no reason why women everywhere can't join together and take a challenge, get into better shape, and have some fun while we're at it.

EDIT: It looks like you can't officially register if you're not in the US or a US territory, but if you're a non-US member, there's no reason why you still can't participate independently and chat with anyone here involved in the Challenge.
    Last edited by jhmattern; 05-09-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Post Taking the Challenge

I signed up for the Woman's Challenge just now, but it appears to be over. I would still like to keep track of my progress and how well I meet my goals. Will the site remain operational even thoough the event has ended?
    " No tool is more beneficial than intelligence. No enemy is more harmful than ignorance".

Karimah

Junior Member Array

Hi. I just recently joined and saw this thread. Does this happen every year? I would like to join. And I am sure my Mom would too. Please let us know.
    Thank you.

Junior Member Array

Hi i've only just seen this and was wondering (because it says only for US and US Territory places) if you knew of one that happen in the UK at all??

It seems like such a good idea i thought that they would do a version of it everywhere!

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

This is a spam thread from two years ago.
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.

Register! | Rules/FAQ | Contact Mod