Forum:

Thread: Is Skipping rope a good exercise?

Junior Member Array

Default Is Skipping rope a good exercise?

I want to start skipping rope everyday, but I'm wondering wether that's a good idea.
    Can somebody who is skipping rope currently or used to skip rope share her experiense with rope skipping!
    I also want to know wether skipping rope can get a person toned and how fast can that happen?

WH Super Moderator Array patricias213's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Its definitely a good form of cardio excersize, i use to do skipping and it makes you sweat alot, which means you burn alot of calories, so i say go for it!

Junior Member Array

Question Skipping rope

Question to Patricias213!

If skipping was so good, why did u quit then?
    Last edited by Mbinae; 06-18-2007 at 08:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Im pregnant , im not allowed to jump up and down.

July 2007 "Poster of the Month" Array louieann34's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mbinae View Post
    I want to start skipping rope everyday, but I'm wondering wether that's a good idea.
    Can somebody who is skipping rope currently or used to skip rope share her experiense with rope skipping!
    I also want to know wether skipping rope can get a person toned and how fast can that happen?
    Yes! Skipping rope is a good exercise...It makes you sweat a lot that helps you burn calories and lose some excess weight in your body.

Junior Member Array

Default It's definitely a good exercise...

I got a jump rope not too long ago myself and it is a great form of cardio- which is great for the heart. I think that something like jumping for two minutes (or not more than 5, something short) is equivalent to running a mile and thats definitely good.

I am not sure but i have a doubt on this. My sister in law used to skip for wt loss b4 marriage. Then after marriage also she cont skipping. She was not able to concieve and then she went to a doc and she asked her to stop skipping and asked her to join a gym. She concieved after 4 yrs of her mrge.
    But I am not at all sure that it was only skipping which was a cause. May be some physiotherapist/doc can answer.
    yeah if u r want to lose sme wt then skipping is a very good option. I avoid skipping.

Cheers!

WH Super Moderator Array sourpuss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by virgo1981 View Post
    I am not sure but i have a doubt on this. My sister in law used to skip for wt loss b4 marriage. Then after marriage also she cont skipping. She was not able to concieve and then she went to a doc and she asked her to stop skipping and asked her to join a gym. She concieved after 4 yrs of her mrge.
    But I am not at all sure that it was only skipping which was a cause. May be some physiotherapist/doc can answer.
    yeah if u r want to lose sme wt then skipping is a very good option. I avoid skipping.

Cheers!
    I doubt the two are related. I'm a boxer and we skip in training, sometimes for 20-30minutes/day and I was still able to get pregnant and that's considering I didn't think I was able to in the first place.

Blog Entries

I skipped before i got pregnant too, but not to an extreme only a fews mins per day 3 times a week or so, it makes you sweat so much! great cardio workout!

Junior Member Array

Default thanks for all the info

I had no idea skipping could be so good for you. I am getting a rope now.