• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Scalp Remedies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Scalp Remedies

When winter set in and we converted over to heat, I began having dry skin and scalp. Scalp is a little harder to treat than skin, but I came up with a concoction that truly did the trick: coconut oil, a splash of apple cider vinegar, a couple drops of tea tree oil. Mix together, massage into scalp and let soak in until time to shower. It may take an extra washing to get the oil out, but it was worth it.

Do you have any at home remedies you use and recommend?
    "Be what you're looking for."

Have not noticed any change yet this winter. However, our heat is set at 64 degrees, so it does not run as much.

Comment

Similar to me. My heat stays set at 60, but I run a little electric fireplace. It doesn't seem to be as harsh as the heat pump heat. I think most of my problem comes from my office. I run a humidifier in the office, and one beside my bed while I sleep. I also don't wash my hair every day either. I think part of my problem this year came from hot water.......I was extra chilled when the weather started getting cold, and so I'd crank up my shower water temperature. Scalded myself I suppose. I was really pleased with how the homemade concoction worked!

Comment

Your homemade connection does sound lovely! The shampoo kid uses has some tea tree oil in it. Kid's hair/ scalp is fine.

Comment

I read that tea tree oil is good for killing a certain bacteria on the scalp that causes dandruff. I felt my issue wasn't bacterial, but thought it couldn't hurt.

Comment

What a good idea! I am lucky not to suffer from a dry scalp [in fact, it is the opposite] but homemade remedies are always a hit.

Comment

Working...
            X