• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

benefits of stress and diet management

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benefits of stress and diet management

I've kept my routine fairly simple over the years. With fighting a chronic illness, I have felt it necessary to add to and increase my efforts.

one of the most interesting things I have found with my lifestyle change over the past year or so, is the decrease in wrinkles. I didn't have many to begin with, but I had begun to have a furrowed brow. with my stress management and diet, it is markedly improved.

Anyone else notice these fringe benefits?

after eating a lot of wild salmon , someone complimented how nice my skin looked so imagine it was a benefit of all that wild salmon

Comment

what kinds of stress mgmt techniques do you use?

know a lot of people do things like yoga or meditation

Comment

I suppose I am meditative on some level. I have recognized that I can actively shut off the thousands of things in my brain if I choose. When I notice myself getting a little overwhelmed with all I have to do, I empty it and quiet my mind even for just a bit, and it helps me to clear the way for prioritizing more effectively. Nothing has changed so much, just my approach to it.

I have a stressful job. I can only control so much of that. Recently I had to deliver some bad news and the client warned me if I didn't leave, he was probably gonna hit me, as he was about to have a freak out.
        I stepped out and heard him slamming the table and ultimately punching a hole in the wall.
        I have encountered these reactions before. I didnt necessarily do anything different, but I didn't allow it to stay on my mind after the business was handled. I chose not to think more about it, and chose not to get involved in any emotional way. I did my job and did it well, and didn't invest in it any further. I didn't analyze what I may do differently. I handled it, and I handled the inside me as well. when it was over it was just over. I felt my blood pressure spike and I told myself just to remain focused...get them taken care of and forgive them, and let it go. and I was able to do that.

I think we have no choice in what's happening many times, but my responses have definitely changed.

Comment

Working...
        X