• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hair problems!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hair problems!!

I'm 15 and have thick hair all over my body! I have a boyfriend that i have been talking about sex with, but im too embarrassed to act on it in case he notices the hair on my bum, stomach and back!! I tried to shave it and the results were smooth for one day tops and then it was pimples and stubble! Help me! What do i do?

Everyone got thick hair on their body, don't worry about it

Comment

Bear in mind that you're probably just a lot more aware of your own body than others will be, so don't worry too much or overreact.

I'm sure you'll get lots of good responses here but generally I would say:
      Don't shave, go for a wax.
      Try laser hair removal (or the other one that uses light pulses)

And remember, hair is natural and we all have it!

Comment

Callie,

I one of the "old men" around here and I noticed you post. Let me offer you a couple of observations, for what they are worth.

At age 15, please do not rush into a sexual relationship. You have many years. So please be sure. Be doubly sure about avoiding pregnancy.

As for your hair. Few guys will notice and, if they do, they won't care. Some will find it a turn-on. Do what makes you feel comfortable, not what you think will alter someone else's view of you.

I think the advice about shaving making the hair grow back faster and thicker is just plain wrong. It's a common - and false - belief. When you shave off a hair, you cut off the tapered, soft tip, so when it grows out again, the blunt, thicker part of the hair can be seen and felt, thus creating the illusion that the hair came back thicker. As for growing faster, that's just not true.

I shave my face every day and I have for years. If shaving made it grow back faster, eventually I would have to shave 5 times a day instead of once. If it came back thicker, my face would be covered in tree stumps by now.

Take care.
        I do not grow old; if I stop growing, I am old.

Comment

Originally posted by Baboy View Post
          Callie, I one of the "old men" around here and I noticed you post.
          If that's how I write, I must be getting old. I cannot believe I wrote the above post with the word "am" missing from the phrase "I am one" and that I said "I noticed you post". Sounds like a bad Italian movie.

Comment

Check out the following term - Hirsutism - for complete information. In a nutshell it is a condition of which women form abnormal hair growth in a pattern similar to that hair growth of men.

Depending upon the actual amount or hair that you have, the location, the coarseness, you may fall into this category. There is a scale that the doctors can use to rate where you are. Persons with this disease are also prone to polycystic ovaries and other problems with their bodies.

My advise as always, when in doubt - check it out.

I also echo Baboy - 15 is very young to be a) concerned about the hair growth on your body and b) concerned about having sex at such an early age. Please consider and choose wisely, use protection and ensure birth control.

Comment

I'm also one of the older farts on this board, but I'm not going to lecture you about sex at an early age. I will however lecture you about being mature about engaging in sex. ie, projection (condoms, condoms, condoms) and knowing how to put them on correctly. But also just as important is being able to negotiate sex with you partner. If your body hair is preventing you from having sex, that is a sign that you are not communicating well to be engaging in sex. Heck, there are plenty of women in their 20's, 30's and 40's who shouldn't be having sex because they can't communicate with their partners. How do you know the hair will bother him? Do you know some men actually like hair.

When engaging in sex, you need to be with somebody you feel comfortable with. Obviously, you aren't comfortable being yourself in front of him yet. Another sign you may not be ready for sex.

OK, to answer you question about body hair, unless you are a baby, everybody has body hair. Many people don't care or remove it. Women use wax, hair removal creams, etc. You can also bleach it. Do you have a mom or other older woman you can talk to about your hair. They will tell you if it is excessive. if that is the case, as Claret said, go get it checked out.
              Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Good posts Claret and DreamP. You both can offer a better perspective than I.

I would hope callie is tuned in. However, I realized after I posted, drawn in by olivahair's post today, that callie's post is her one and only and it's 2 months old. So we may just be talking to ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Baboy View Post
                  Good posts Claret and DreamP. You both can offer a better perspective than I.

I would hope callie is tuned in. However, I realized after I posted, drawn in by olivahair's post today, that callie's post is her one and only and it's 2 months old. So we may just be talking to ourselves.
                  Agreed we could be talking to ourselves, but it may assist someone else further down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by callie555 View Post
                    I'm 15 and have thick hair all over my body! I have a boyfriend that i have been talking about sex with, but im too embarrassed to act on it in case he notices the hair on my bum, stomach and back!! I tried to shave it and the results were smooth for one day tops and then it was pimples and stubble! Help me! What do i do?
                    Are you really sure about your sex life?

Comment

I think wax it would be better...

Comment

You may have an hormone imbalance and seeing your gp for a blood test. Testosterone is found in men and women make a little of it. I found out by blood test that I was making too much testosterone and why I got facial hair also pcos

Comment

What to Eat To Avoid Hair Loss:
                          Vitamin A:
                          It promotes growth of healthy cells and tissues in your overall body.
                          Sources Ė fish oil, liver, milk, eggs.
                          Zinc:
                          Lack of Zinc causes damage the scalp and limit hair growth.
                          Zinc stops premature graying of hair.
                          Zinc battles with calcium for absorption which means taking both at the same time isnít the brightest idea as calcium will hinder the uptake of zinc.

Comment

don't worry. you avoid vitamin A and use egg or courd mixture.

Comment

Don't worry Dear It is common Issue....if you change in your Daily meals Schedule.....according to any lady Physician then its easy to resolve your problem...

Comment

Working...
                              X