• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

working at home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working at home

noticed several posters either work at home or have spouses that do
    did you negotiate with your bosses to work from home, or the job lends itself to working at home, or do you have your own business?

wish my husband could negotiate one or two days home but they have too many meetings now, the place has changed
    Last edited by amy40; 01-24-2017, 03:46 PM. Reason: reply to dream

I work from home but it is something I was able to negotiate after many years of experience. Although my company did not want to hire somebody who couldn't be in the office, I just sold myself as worth it to them. After getting the job, I made sure that my not being in the office didn't impact my work or the ability for others to work with me. Working from home is something that you have to work for. It is very unlikely when you are at the earlier part of your career.
    Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

I am a published writer and do all my writing at home, obviously. I still have a part-time office job but writing is my passion. It does take discipline but is worth the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Popcorn&Candy View Post
        I am a published writer and do all my writing at home, obviously.
        What have you had published? Articles in magazines, journals? If books.....ebook, or paperback?
        Do you have a writer website and go to events to sell your books?

Comment

Well, I write poetry and have my work published on a popular website PoemHunter.com. I have had a number of poems put into print by United Press. I have two books available on Amazon. They are "Autumn Rain: Stories For The Broken Hearted" and "The Escape Collection: A Selection Of Short Stories". This IS NOT SPAM however. People do seem to enjoy reading my work, which is wonderful. Anyhow, that's my plug! LOL.

Comment

good for you, popcorn & candy!
            like writing poetry, too

Comment

Working...
            X