• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

motivation and kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motivation and kids

Came across this yesterday that Shondra Rhimes said:
    Dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It's hard work that makes things happen.

Had kid read as try to motivate
    Last edited by amy40; 03-05-2017, 09:53 AM.

I was in Senior Class Play at school and I did not want a main part. Being a minor character was fine for me. It was just fun being part of the whole production. I hope your kid does well.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

.kid starting to learn the words

Comment

almost the whole class is trying out

Comment

What grade is kid? It's customary for the main parts to go to the older kids. If this is first role, then need to pay dues by playing the smaller roles and proving themselves.
          Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Originally posted by DreamP346 View Post
            If this is first role, then need to pay dues by playing the smaller roles and proving themselves.
            kid's grade only, no dues to pay

Comment

feel terrible
              kid VERY upset that didn't get speaking part
              almost the whole grade tried out and there were very few solo/speaking parts

Comment

Probably doesn't make you feel better right now, but it's a life lesson. Failure is just as important as success. Kid is learning.
                Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose - Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster (sung by Janis Joplin)

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post
                  feel terrible
                  kid VERY upset that didn't get speaking part
                  almost the whole grade tried out and there were very few solo/speaking parts
                  Aww. I wonder why they didn't have a play with a lot of speaking parts?
                  I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
                  Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Awh, yeah I wonder if the organizers knew there'd be so much interest in a speaking part? Would have been nice to have more opportunities for active parts to include more kids.

I agree with Dream tho, that it is just as important to not reach a goal occasionally, as it is to succeed. If there's a lot of continuing interest, some learning about drama and role playing may be good to look into.

Comment

Been looking for some auditions for our kid to try out for locally. But so far, mostly seems just for teens and adults.
                      Already think kid has moved on, however, to new interests.

Comment

Working...
                      X