• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

April Poster of the Month!

Please welcome us in congratulating long time member, Stillness for being our April Poster of the Month!!
See more
See less

nutrient dense foods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nutrient dense foods

I'm very happy the holidays are over. I have gained 5 pounds, and I'm thrilled to report that even with the indulgent behavior, my autoimmune symptoms are mostly kept at bay.

Today, I am back on the wagon. I have fresh berries, greens and veggies fully stocked and will be preparing some nice healthy dishes this week.

I hope that you all enjoyed the holidays and also believe that countering the sugars and low nutrition foods, with high quality foods is necessary. anti inflammatory foods are my go to snacks. jicama, bell peppers, turmeric tea, walnuts, berries, greens of all kinds...I get them into everything I can.

Eating well, feeling well and all that comes with it is the reward. I actually love these foods.

How do you sort of "detox" from the holiday's indulgence?

I try to get in a 1-2 week juice/smoothie fast every now and then.
    "Those sowing seed with tears
    Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

I did the wild rose detox once. I've been tempted to do it again. Maybe after my upcoming vaca.

I fixed a fat burning cabbage soup last week and had lots of that and lots of healthy salad. I haven't started this week off quite as strong, but there is always tomorrow!

Turmeric tea sounds interesting.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

BD, turmeric is a great anti inflammatory. I use the root when my stores have it.

I have found if I drink the tea early on and frequently, I can keep symptoms under control. if I let the pain get too far ahead of me, I need the meds. But this has decreased my usage of naproxen and ibuprofen.

Try it sometime
        shred or chop the root very fine and put it in hot water. add lemon and honey and allow to steep. ginger root gives a nice flavor too. I often use a french press.

I use ground turmeric if the root isnt available. about a teaspoon.

Comment

Working...
        X