• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accountability Challenge II

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accountability Challenge II

BD, I hope you don't mind my adding a new thread, just to minimize the scrolling.

I bought a car yesterday, then celebrated with dinner and a friend. I had dessert, which I split with her. I'd eaten healthy otherwise, tho I do think my asparagus was buttered at dinner.
    Then I went to the gym and put in just 35 minutes of walking. Was a very long day. I'm happy with my car purchase and glad that stress is over. Now reading the manual and learning how to work all the new gadgets is a big project! Lol

Today I have a lot to do, and a meeting at work early, so I will have no time for exercise. I have food ready, but I will roast some veggies too, before I go.
    Roasted Brussels sprouts with a homemade balsamic dressing, walnuts and golden raisins is a fast and easy lunch.
    I'll roast cauliflower at the same time, for dinner tonight at work. Also intend to make a cucumber and tomato salad.
    So, healthy options, and quick. Not highly nutrient dense foods, but not junk. I'll have raw carrots and green beans as snacks. And a chick pea avacodo lettuce boat with dinner. And jicama for snacking too. Lol. Yum!!!!

Congratulations on the new car!
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Yay for the new car!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind at all. I was tired of having to scroll too.

Your food sounds yummy. I have never had jicama, I don't think. Is it sort of apple/pear like in taste??

I did well today. Did an hour of hot yoga after work so I burned over 600 active calories today. :-)
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

I think the first time I had jicama was in Thailand at a movie theater where sliced jicama was sold as a movie food. It is much sweeter and has a softer texture than the typical Mexican jicama.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I think it's taste and texture are similar to an apple, just not so sweet. They're a great snack and has antiinflammatory property, so I crunch on them a lot.

Thanks jns. It's going to be awhile adjusting to my car, but I do like it.

Comment

BD, I hope you don't mine if I start an Accountability III since the first thread subliminally excluded men and this one is a continuation of the Matriarchy.

I only made 10-1/2 days with the "100 day fast" I mentioned. The failure to get my exercise regimen going threw me off majorly. Now I've been working out every day since Sunday and I'm feeling like I'm in a groove. I think I'll try to get another fast going in a few days.
            "Those sowing seed with tears
            Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

Stillness Whatever.

I'm feeling like I'm in a groove too. I just hope the motivation to continue the groove sustains. 10 1/2 days isn't bad. 100 days is ALOT. Maybe next time you can shoot to beat 10 1/2.

Comment

100 days may be a stretch goal, but I at least want to do more than a month next time. That's my record.
                "Those sowing seed with tears
                Will reap with a joyful shout." - Psalm 126

Comment

learned from a speaker from parenting workshop how much we operate from our subconscious (the automatic tapes that play)
                  and for real change to occur one needs repetition.....he gave example of how much we repeated a b c 's to learn them

Comment

I saw one of the gurus of those ideas, Dr. Shad Helmstetter, give a speech many years ago. I'm not sure if it was him or another speaker that said, to create a new habit you need to repeat the actions consistently and often for two weeks.

Comment

this was Bruce Lipton, PhD

Comment

I had a nice active weekend. Friday, I got in 2 miles of cardio on the elliptical at the gym before heading home. Saturday, the bf and I did a 45 min workout at the gym. Sunday, we went hiking (it was such a beautiful day) and did around 4 miles on a hilly terrain.

Oddly enough, when I weighed this morning I was two lbs HEAVIER. I think it was from some extra salt I had this weekend but, who knows.

My goal is to be just as active this week, if not more. I'm feeling very tired today though.

Comment

I have read that it takes more like 3 months for something to become a habit. I believe the 3 months more than 2 wks, for myself anyway. Maybe others can change habits that quickly but I cannot.

I had a less active weekend. I was busy, but not active busy. I did walk probably 1-2 miles yesterday but more a strolling walk than a fast paced exercise.

I will go to the gym today before I get too far into my other activities.

Good diet the past few days, even with eating out. Tried a new middle eastern restaurant and it had some good choices.

Comment

bowing out on the accountability challenge.......Spring brings too much family activity to worry about anything concerning myself

Comment

Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster View Post
                              Sunday, we went hiking (it was such a beautiful day) and did around 4 miles on a hilly terrain.

Oddly enough, when I weighed this morning I was two lbs HEAVIER.
                              Maybe the exercise caused you to take on extra water needed in burning of calories.

Another thing to look at is your scale. I bought a Detecto doctor's office scale when ordinary scales were giving me anomalous readings. I've been happy with it ever since.

Comment

Working...
                              X