• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worried and need insight!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried and need insight!

I am 16, I know a bit young to be assuming things. but I thought what better place to ask for insight then a women's health forum.

I have been having irregular periods for 2 years now, I'm not complaining never did. But lately it's been a bit worrisome. For the past few weeks what's been happening is I would get brown discharge and then it would just stop out of nowhere and happen again a week or two later. This week the discharge started back up for 2 days, then I bled and there were NO clots. Which is super unusual for when I do have periods and it was just like blood was coming out. It really didn't seem like normal period blood. Then I went back to brown discharge a day later and now I'm back to bleeding. I know, self diagnosing will never do much but I thought might aswell look for symptoms and alot of my symptoms correlate with ovarian cancer which is what brought me here to freak out.

It says that bloating and etc may be a symptom but I'm getting mostly not the main symptoms but the other symptoms such as back pain, menstrual irregularities, nausea, severe fatigue, constipation and etc. I do see a link to some of these symptoms to my life because I am a gamer which would explain my back pain POSSIBLY and my severe fatigue could be because of my time schedule but it just seems like these symptoms link up all to well. I tried speaking to my mother calmly and she just blew it off and said I was being an idiot and it was normal. My boyfriend offered to take me to the doctors tomorrow but now because of my mum's actions I feel like trash and I'm hesitant to actually go.

Originally posted by Jasbear View Post

I tried speaking to my mother calmly and she just blew it off and said I was being an idiot and it was normal. My boyfriend offered to take me to the doctors tomorrow but now because of my mum's actions I feel like trash and I'm hesitant to actually go.
    Am so sorry your mom spoke to you like that! When I was in high school, the back pain from my periods was so terrible, would dig my back into the back of my desk at school. If your boyfriend is willing to take you to Dr and you have the insurance or money, I would go to give yourself peace of mind. Also, it will give you confidence that you are responsible and can take care of your health by seeking Doctor advice! If you do go, make sure you list all your symptoms for Doctor. Write then down before you go, as it's quite easy to forget once at dr office.

Comment

Originally posted by amy40 View Post

Am so sorry your mom spoke to you like that! When I was in high school, the back pain from my periods was so terrible, would dig my back into the back of my desk at school. If your boyfriend is willing to take you to Dr and you have the insurance or money, I would go to give yourself peace of mind. Also, it will give you confidence that you are responsible and can take care of your health by seeking Doctor advice! If you do go, make sure you list all your symptoms for Doctor. Write then down before you go, as it's quite easy to forget once at dr office.
      And don't ever be ashamed of telling a Dr. about detailed info and symptoms, writing them down helps you to encourage an open conversation with your doctor, too, and tell them the whole story.
      If you're not comfortable telling the Dr, see about getting a different one that you have more of a comfort level with. Hard to do when you're younger, but it's always your option who you see.
      My mom also told me my problems in my 30s were 'normal' and I should just put up with it because everyone does, and after having major surgery my life is so much better - maybe she didn't realize how bad I had it - I can't imagine she had any experience near to mine after all of it, so I assume your mom just doesn't get it, and you gotta take charge and do what you need to do.
      Most women have great intuition, if something doesn't feel right, we know it! Follow the intuition. Take care of yourself!

Comment

Hi Jasbear, welcome to WH! I removed your other post per what you wanted to have happen.

When symptoms are listed for something like cancer, they are general. Even if you have all of the ones listed or a major subset, it is common to have something else. Please see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis and don't worry excessively.
        I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
        Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

hi jas! welcome to our forum!

Are you sexually active? It would be a good idea to get a pelvic exam and discuss your issues with a doctor or nurse practioner.

What you're describing just sounds like normal early period adjustment stuff. Probably not anything to worry about, but an exam is never a bad idea.

Its unlikely, at your young age, that you've developed cancer or anything quite that serious. It could be other things, that are much more benign.
          The symptoms listed for many illnesses are interchangeable with many other possible illness.

So relax and try not to worry. Stress can cause changes in your cycle also.

Good luck and let us know what the doc says!

Comment

Working...
          X