• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

April Poster of the Month!

Please welcome us in congratulating long time member, Stillness for being our April Poster of the Month!!
See more
See less

Constant "Water Infection"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constant "Water Infection"?

Hi, so I've been to this forum a bit previously about different issues, but I feel like I need to post about this one...

Considering I've maybe had experiences with funny discharge which was white, and like cottage cheese but never had any pains or other symptoms along with it and cranberry based treatments or drinking cranberry juice would cure the problem without me having to pay any visits to the doctor. This time though, I've had a lot of discomfort, constant urges to pee, and funny discharge. My parents left it almost a week of me constantly complaining to them about the whole thing before they finally took me to the doctor to get something to help sort this out. I had no idea what was going on with me.

It turned out I had a water infection, and the nurse who saw me put me on the 3 day antibiotic treatment and that I should come back if the symptoms came back. About a week after I had finished the treatment the symptoms came back again...so I went back to the doctors again, and they took another sample after failing to find anything the second time around. They discovered I still had a water infection and decided to put me on a stronger and longer treatment of antibiotics. I've finished the treatment, and again my symptoms came back. I've had this on and off for months now with the help of over the counter treatments to help me bare with it a little longer and it's getting to the points where I can no longer bare with being in this state.

I've done a lot of looking about online and I'm starting to worry since I feel like this might be more serious than a little water infection and that it might be a permanent thing. :/
    I've been complaining to my parents and telling them that it's not gone away and they're running out of ideas also. I've mentioned going back to the doctors and talking to them about it, I'm just waiting for the right time for them to be able to take me..

I also noticed that since this has been happening I've had a lack of periods since November/December or slightly before this last year and that I think my body has tried to have one since there's been spots of blood here and there which has also set off a red flag in my head.

I've been taking all the precautions to prevent it from getting worse / coming back after it's gone away such as loose clothing, avoided using soaps, my dad recently bought me a feminine wash which is soap free and of course, changing my clothes every single day (especially underwear). I also haven't been using any tampons or sanitary pads because as stated above, I've had no proper periods to actually use them.

Any responses with ideas as to what it could be, if you're going through the same thing, etc. would be incredibly appreciated as I feel like I'm alone in this situation and I'm worrying about it being something worse or something completely different to a water infection..

Edit;; I forgot to mention, I'm not sexually active, I am a virgin!
    Last edited by Meggie; 01-09-2017, 10:25 PM. Reason: Water infection

Hi Meggie. Welcome to WH!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what you label as a water infection is more commonly called a urinary tract infection (UTI), is it not?

From your description and the failures of the prescriptions, you might have to visit a urologist to come up with a better diagnosis and treatment.
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

I agree with the urologist recommendation and also an OB/Gyn. I'm guessing that when you thought you were "treating" the symptoms before, with cranberry, you were only masking the infection. That is why the infection was so powerful by the time you got checked.

Some women have extra short urethras and this can lead to continual infections because when you urinate, you're not completely emptying the bladder each time. When you urinate and finish, sit there for a little bit longer, be sure to sit up straight and see if a little bit more urine comes out.
      "Be what you're looking for."

Comment

Another thing, be SURE you're taking a diflucan occasionally with all that antibiotic or you'll end up harboring yeast too.

Comment

You could have or be tested for BV (Bacterial Vaginosis as described following:
          Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is common and causes a vaginal discharge, often with a noticeable smell. BV is not a sexually transmitted infection. It is caused by an overgrowth of normal germs (bacteria) in the vagina. Symptoms are often mild, and BV may clear without treatment.

This can be very difficult getting rid of at times and may take several courses of treatment. It does not depend upon whether or not you are sexually active.

Comment

Claret is correct too. There is one specific type of antibiotic that treats BV.

Comment

Originally posted by jns
              Hi Meggie. Welcome to WH!

Please correct me if I am wrong, but what you label as a water infection is more commonly called a urinary tract infection (UTI), is it not?

From your description and the failures of the prescriptions, you might have to visit a urologist to come up with a better diagnosis and treatment.
              Originally posted by Beautiful Disaster
              I agree with the urologist recommendation and also an OB/Gyn. I'm guessing that when you thought you were "treating" the symptoms before, with cranberry, you were only masking the infection. That is why the infection was so powerful by the time you got checked.

Some women have extra short urethras and this can lead to continual infections because when you urinate, you're not completely emptying the bladder each time. When you urinate and finish, sit there for a little bit longer, be sure to sit up straight and see if a little bit more urine comes out.

Originally posted by Claret
              You could have or be tested for BV (Bacterial Vaginosis as described following:
              Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is common and causes a vaginal discharge, often with a noticeable smell. BV is not a sexually transmitted infection. It is caused by an overgrowth of normal germs (bacteria) in the vagina. Symptoms are often mild, and BV may clear without treatment.

This can be very difficult getting rid of at times and may take several courses of treatment. It does not depend upon whether or not you are sexually active.
              --

First of all, I cannot thank you enough for your fast responses.

I used Cranberry juice since my parents assumed it wasn't anything major as it was before and thought it would go away on its own or with the help of cranberry juice / cystitis relief. I knew it wouldn't actually cure me of anything but my parents, [s]dad especially[/s] insisted that it would to try and stop me from worrying / complaining about my discomfort so much.

I'd been thinking about a gyn but hadn't considered going to an urologist [s]mainly because I didn't know about them before reading the responses to my thread[/s].

I'm going back to the doctors again because my parents think that it will be of some use to me to go back a third time, but I will be putting these suggestions out there to my dad when he takes me and hope that they do take me to one or the other to try and get a better diagnosis.. :/

And I will ask my dad about getting me some diflucan to avoid getting any more unwanted problems with yeast.

Thank you again!

Comment

The diflucan is a prescription. Be sure to ask your doctor about it on your next visit if they put you on another antibiotic. Something else beneficial to try would be a daily probiotic. They make them in pill form or even gummy form. It helps to balance the PH of the body and replenishes the gut which is important after taking antibiotic.

I hope you get some relief from your doctor this time!

Comment

Working...
                X