• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

December 2016 Poster of the Month

Congratulations to WH member amy40 for being selected our WH Poster of the Month! We appreciate you and are so glad you are here!

-WH Admin
See more
See less

Perceiving as afraid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perceiving as afraid

​So lately Iíve been hearing that Iím a dreamer and the fact that I donítsee things realistically makes me sound frightened.
    Well, Iíve actually been thinking and here is the thing I know that I soundafraid to the regular person that I donít want to hear negativities and itmight be some truth in it.
    BUT here is the thing itís not like I donít feel afraid or donít seewhen bad things happen. Thatís inevitable, itís just that I donít want to beconsumed by it. If you play a bad movie in your mind, then you feel bad but ifyou play a good movie then you feel better. So I choose to see the good movie.Get me right, I donít think that one should shut your eyes to problem when theyarrive, I do think that you should reflect about your problems and then find asolution and work on it.
    But dwelling on something that went wrong is such a waste of energy andthat is what Iím really afraid of, wasting time on dwelling.

Or am I missing something?

In general, I agree with you. But it truly depends on the circumstance in which you're being called a dreamer.

Example: Believing that the world can find peace and unity is something most would call "dreaming". But it harms no one to dream for that.
    On the contrary, let's say that you're in and out of low paying jobs you don't care about and your reason for it is because "You're going to be discovered and get rich someday". That, too, would be a dream. But that type of dreaming can harm you and your partner (if you have one) and children (if you have them), because you may or may not be discovered and get rich and if you're not holding down stable employment, trying to better yourself, your family will suffer too.

So yes, in general, I think it's great to push the mind to focus on the good things in life. I have blocked most of the negative nancy's from my facebook page because I like to see good stories, things that make me smile, etc. I'm not oblivious to the other things, I just choose not to put my focus on them. But at the same time, there are things in your own personal life that it does not pay to ignore.

"Be what you're looking for."

Comment

perhaps your personality is INFP "the dreamer" or a similar personality type
      often people who are dreamers or idealistic are criticized for nor being realistic
      sometimes personalities just clash, but everyone has strengths and your dreaming, optimism may be your strength
      reflecting on your problems and finding solutions sounds like you have a good head on your shoulder, too

Comment

Working...
      X