• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey!

My name is Brittany I am 39 years old. I am here to find support from fellow women. Just maybe some advice about life, marriage and kids. I am trying to have my own baby through different types of treatment. at first it was plain sex, calculating my ovulation days and stuff. then I was diagnosed with endometriosis and though it was treated by meds I couldn't conceive either. Next step was iui, next one IVF and after that we have decided to go for egg donation. I am a bit unlucky but I hope that there will be a point when this series of unfortunate events comes to an end.
    xx

Welcome to WH!
    I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience.
    Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot?

From a speech by Patrick Henry on March 23, 1775 at St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia

Comment

Hello! Welcome to WH!
      Hope everything goes well for you

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Hi, rhutes. i'm sorry it was all for nothing. I hope you have power to continue your journey after all. I personally underwent 4 cycles of IVF, using both own eggs and donor eggs. However, all of them weren't successful for me. it's hard to move on now, but i'm trying to live with this. the last round gave me bfp and one could hardly imagine a woman happier than I was, nevertheless I had a miscarriage. it was too painful experience... but still I believe that donor egg treatment is much better if your own eggs are not that great as you would like them to be. Do you have any ideas about what to do next?

Comment

Hi Rhutes,
            Please keep the faith. I always try to take my focus off the big problem and try to see what all amazing things are happening other than that. I know you are in a tough situation, as we all are (in one way or another), but it helps to see and be grateful for the good in your life. And just when you stop worrying about something, it always works out.

Also, I do know from counselling hundreds of infertility patients and writing about these issues that egg quality is one of the major reasons why IVF fails in women over 40 years of age. I hope you find your solution soon. Sending good vibes.

Comment

Originally posted by jns View Post
              Welcome to WH!
              Thank you!
              Thank you for your words!

Comment

Originally posted by amandaxu View Post
                Hello! Welcome to WH!
                Hope everything goes well for you
                Thank you! I hope so too!
                I am now deciding on something that is very important and I hope God will guide me to the right choice!
                Thank you again!

Comment

Originally posted by atskitty2 View Post
                  welcome!
                  ^^ thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Pett View Post
                    Hi, rhutes. i'm sorry it was all for nothing. I hope you have power to continue your journey after all. I personally underwent 4 cycles of IVF, using both own eggs and donor eggs. However, all of them weren't successful for me. it's hard to move on now, but i'm trying to live with this. the last round gave me bfp and one could hardly imagine a woman happier than I was, nevertheless I had a miscarriage. it was too painful experience... but still I believe that donor egg treatment is much better if your own eggs are not that great as you would like them to be. Do you have any ideas about what to do next?
                    hello! thank you for your reply! this is incredibly upsetting but I see that you have managed to overcome your grief just so you can move on. f course I am not implying that you just forgot about it but I feel like you have found the strength to not let something like this spoil all your life. I am thinking about egg donation and I have actually found some good options and I am pretty positive that in a matter of time I will be going to one clinic or another for a consultation. although it will be more like a journey to unknown lands haha

Comment

Originally posted by Reya S View Post
                      Hi Rhutes,
                      Please keep the faith. I always try to take my focus off the big problem and try to see what all amazing things are happening other than that. I know you are in a tough situation, as we all are (in one way or another), but it helps to see and be grateful for the good in your life. And just when you stop worrying about something, it always works out.

Also, I do know from counselling hundreds of infertility patients and writing about these issues that egg quality is one of the major reasons why IVF fails in women over 40 years of age. I hope you find your solution soon. Sending good vibes.
                      thank you!! thank you a lot.
                      speaking about why IVF fails. I know about egg quality issues, I am fully aware of it. that's why I am opting for egg donation ivf treatment. I think that it is the best option right now but I still have some points to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by rhutes View Post
                        hello! thank you for your reply! this is incredibly upsetting but I see that you have managed to overcome your grief just so you can move on. f course I am not implying that you just forgot about it but I feel like you have found the strength to not let something like this spoil all your life. I am thinking about egg donation and I have actually found some good options and I am pretty positive that in a matter of time I will be going to one clinic or another for a consultation. although it will be more like a journey to unknown lands haha
                        I try to, when I write about my problems it becomes easier to take them. My grief is here and doesn't let me go but I'm learning to cope with it. I still can't move on, but I know that one day I will. I'm glad that you are ready to take a step forward, so it's you who are strong enough. It's a difficult decison, egg donation, and it must be deliberate. Have you decided where to go and what clinics to visit?

Comment

Originally posted by Pett View Post

I try to, when I write about my problems it becomes easier to take them. My grief is here and doesn't let me go but I'm learning to cope with it. I still can't move on, but I know that one day I will. I'm glad that you are ready to take a step forward, so it's you who are strong enough. It's a difficult decison, egg donation, and it must be deliberate. Have you decided where to go and what clinics to visit?
                          Actually I have but I am still open for any advice if you have one! But, I have been looking for a clinic change for a while and finally I have been thinking about signing with the clinic in Ukraine. I know I know this is like on a different planet but I think that I can do everything in order to have kids.
                          I know that it is possible to choose an egg donor over there but I have to see proofs you know, I was recommended it only yesterday but reading their services and contracts I think that I might as well go for this clinic even though it is in Ukraine. lol. but for now I think that there is no need to rush and I am going to take my time deciding on whther it is good option for me or not. Now I am waiting for the manager to reply.

Comment

I don't have any words of wisdom, I'm afraid but welcome to the forum. Everybody is great and you'll find no shortage of advice.

Comment

Dear Rhutes, if you are looking to travel for IVF, I would suggest or Thailand. The prices are way lower, treatment quality is not compromised (I would know), and they all speak perfect English. It is imperative that no one comes between a patient and his doctor. Let me know if interested, I'll help you get in direct touch with the main doctor.

Comment

Working...
                              X