• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

December 2016 Poster of the Month

Congratulations to WH member amy40 for being selected our WH Poster of the Month! We appreciate you and are so glad you are here!

-WH Admin
See more
See less

September News & Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September News & Updates

September 2007 Womens-Health.com Newsletter

Poster of the Month
    Congratulations to "JubesInquest",our September Poster of the Month! She has contributed 250 Posts!! Her posts are friendly, helpful, and thoughtful. Thanks for being a member, "JubesInquest"!

For those who don't already know, the more you post, the more features and recognition you get with Women's-Health.com. Some of the added bonuses are a custom user title for one year, HTML allowed in signatures, and a reputation boost. For more information on Poster of the Month, click here.

Tip of the Month
    Want to lose weight, but your always finding yourself eating candy bars and drinking sodas from the vending machine at work?

A friend of mine is always complaining that it is impossible to stick to a diet because she is always heading to the vending machines at work or running to the nearest fast food joint for sheer convenience. Here are some tips to avoid making the wrong snack/lunch choices at work:

• Make sure you have a healthy and filling breakfast BEFORE you head to work. Many people make the mistake of not making enough time for breakfast. BAD IDEA! Not eating enough or getting your blood sugar balanced in the morning, will lead you to make those hasty spur of the moment decisions to hit the vending machines later in the day. Eat something that is filling and lasting. Cereal alone will not cut it. You will be hungry again in 30 minutes to an hour.
  • Pack your own lunch! The best way to stick with a diet at work is to bring your own lunch. This way you are sure that what you are eating is part of your diet plan. It is convenient and it will be right there when you are ready for it. Not to mention, packing your own lunch usually will save you time and money as well.
  • Bring your own snacks too! Don't leave yourself open to starvation and rash decisions that end at the vending machine. Take little zip lock baggies of fresh fruit, cut veggies, maybe some light dipping sauce, nuts, or something else healthy. I personally like the small pre-cut, pre-washed baby carrots in a little baggy. They may not sound appealling to you at first, but it's not as bad as it sounds and you will feel better about your decision at the end of the day.
  • Don't forget to bring your own drinks. Maybe iced tea, lemonade, or water. Stay away from soda, coffe, and juice that contains excessive amounts of sodium and sugar. Those will destroy your diet all by themselves!
  • We are a species of convenience. To stick with your diet, you need to make things as easy on yourself as possible. Prepare your snacks/meals the night before. If you forget them in your morning rush, stop at a grocery store for something prepackaged and healthy during your lunch break. Or, if you have to go to a fast food place, order the most sensible thing on the menu. Instead of the greasy cheese burger and fries, opt for the grilled chicken sandwich and small side salad.

Question of the Month

Q. How can I stop/start my period when I want to because I have a special event coming up and don't want to be on it?

A. There have been A LOT of ladies asking how to basicly manipulate their period for the sake of convenience. Example: pool party, wedding, vacation, planned
    I must warn all of you, that it is NOT okay to try to manipulate your period just for the sake of convenience. Many of you want to do this by taking too much or too little birth control and not following the dosage instructions given to you by your doctor. You think that it's okay to take more or less just to manipulate your period. It is unhealthy and dangerous to do this! Not only are you throwing off your body's menstrual cycle which performs best at a constant repetative rate, but you could also be damaging your body or could over dose on your birth control. Messing with your period could leave you with negative symptoms such as cramping, spotting, and severe mood swings. It could also make it difficult to get your cycle on track.

Trust me ladies,leave your period alone. Only take your birth control as prescribed.

We Want Your Opinion!
    We built this site for YOU so please tell us what you like about this site, what you would like to change, or any suggestions you may have. Anything big or small, we want to know about it! We have created a forum near the top of the support boards titled "WH Feedback" just for you. Please share your thoughts there.

Women's-Health.com Member Activity
    We currently have 7,133 members and 16,450 posts.

Quick Links

Partner Links

Partner Ads

Working...
X