• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January News & Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January News & Updates

January 2008 Newsletter - Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!!!
    I hope that all of you have started your New Year off good. I personally have been sick with some upper respiratory virus for over a month. So for those of you that were emailing me and not getting immediate responses, that was why. I promise I wasn't ignoring anyone. We had plans to launch a new version of Women's Health for the New Year, but my illness also set those plans back a bit. We are now shooting for launching the new design later this month. WH is going to gaining several new features! Some include, new profiles with special features and options to customize them, friend lists, and best of all... BLOGS! We will make an announdement as these new features are added.

Poster of the Month
    Congratulations to "sourpuss",our January Poster of the Month! She has contributed 328 Posts!! "sourpuss" has been a member for over a year, giving out helpful advice to all our members. Thanks, "sourpuss"!

For more information on Poster of the Month, click here.

Disabled User Features
    Many of you have noticed that we recently disabled some features such as editing posts, deleting posts, private messaging, and emailing other members. This was all due to some spamming issues and other abuse of these features by some members. It's important to us that no one is sending any of you unwanted messages such as spam. It's also important that members do not post questions and then delete them after they get their answers. Otherwise, our forums wouldn't have any useful content to read. So we are working on some ways to let you have as much freedom as possible, without harming the site. We hope that you all understand why we had to do this.

Tip of the Month
    On top of the upper respiratory thing I had going on the last 30 days, I ended up in the emergency room due to a raging urinary tract infection (UTI or bladder infection). I have had them a few times in my life and they are absolutely terrible. So I wanted to give you all some advice about UTIs. If you ever notice a burning sensation when you urinate, the frequent urge to pee even when you just went, blood in your urine (you may only experience one of those symptoms), you should see a doctor about it right away. Let me tell you, those things get bad really fast! And once the burning starts, you will be in agony very soon after. Not to worry though, they are easilly treatable with a prescription from the doctor. You can also get a pain medication that will stop the burning. Note: the painkiller will put orange dye in your urine and it WILL stain your clothes! Just save yourself some tears and get it checked right away!

You can help prevent bladder infections by always washing anything that might touch that area (especially for sexual purposes), urinate after sex or masterbation to flush the urethra, and drink cranberry juice which is proven to kill the bacteria.

We Want Your Opinion!
    We built this site for YOU so please tell us what you like about this site, what you would like to change, or any suggestions you may have. Anything big or small, we want to know about it! We have created a forum near the top of the support boards titled "WH Feedback" just for you. Please share your thoughts there.

Women's-Health.com Member Activity
    We currently have 9,539 members and 26,423 posts.

If you wish to unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter, please EMAIL us by saying "unsubscribe" with your forum username.

Quick Links

Partner Links

Partner Ads

Last edited by WH Admin; 02-05-2008, 07:33 PM.
Working...
X