• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February News & Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February News & Updates

February 2008 Newsletter - Happy Valentines Day!

Welcome to our newest Moderator!
    We are pleased to announce that we have promoted "Little" to moderator status! She has been really good about helping keep the peace and also giving advice to those in need.

You can see if a certain forum has a moderator and who that moderator is near the bottom of that particular forum.

Poster of the Month
    Congratulations to "CarolineWH",our February Poster of the Month! She has contributed 445 Posts!! "CarolineWH" has been providing our members with a glimpse into her open minded views. It brings a lot of diversity to our forums and I praise her for being so brave. Thanks, "CarolineWH"!

For more information on Poster of the Month, click here.

Member's Question of the Month
    Q: I am a nail biter, I admit it. It's usually because I'm bored or I'm watching a suspenseful movie, but mostly it's the former. Also I have weak nails, the few times that I have grown them out they are very weak. Can anyone suggest on how to stop from nail biting and are there any products to help with the growth of natural nails?

A: First of all, you must break the habit of chewing on those nails. Find something else to occupy your mouth like some chewing gum or hard candy in situations that you are likely to chew. I cannot vouche for any particular nail strengthening products.However, I can tell you what you can do naturally to not only strengthen your nails, but your hair as well. It's very important that you get plenty of vitamin A. That is the main nutrient that puts density in your bones, nails, teeth, and hair. Your nails and hair may also become dehydrated and brittle so drink plenty of water. Avoid nail polish and acrylic nails as they will further damage and weaken then natural nail.

Tip of the Month
    So it's nearly Valentine's Day and many of you are probably wondering what your man will be getting you this year. Some of you may even be thinking about how last Valentine's Day was a disappointment. It happens. Let me give you some advice. The majority of men are ignorant to they ways of women and what women want. They really are clueless and they are horrible at picking up any sort of hints or subliminal messages. So if you want to be treated especially good this V-Day, make it clear to him what you expect. Whether it be gifts, dinner, or just to spend time together... save yourself the frustration. I know it may seem like it takes the fun out of it, but it's better then not getting what you want on that special day and then being mad at him for not knowing better. You don't necessarily have to tell him EXACTLY what you want, but at least let him know you are expecting something.

We Want Your Opinion!
    We built this site for YOU so please tell us what you like about this site, what you would like to change, or any suggestions you may have. Anything big or small, we want to know about it! We have created a forum near the top of the support boards titled "WH Feedback" just for you. Please share your thoughts there.

Women's-Health.com Member Activity
    We currently have 9,899 members and 27,527 posts.

If you wish to unsubscribe from our monthly newsletter, please click here for instructions: Unsubscribe

Quick Links

Partner Links

Partner Ads

Working...
X