Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My hair is falling out!!

Junior Member Array

Unhappy My hair is falling out!!

And I don't mean "normal" amounts...
    I've always shed alot, but this is rediculous & bloody scary!
    My hair is visibly thinner, pony tail is about half the size & I'm terrified.
    Help!

TEAM ADMIN Array CHANDLERS WISH's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are you stressing about something in a big way?

Sometimes that can cause you to lose a lot of hair...

Maybe you need to do some meditation and learn to keep stress away a bit..

CW
    PUT A LITTLE 'LIKE' IN MY SOUL!

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array

sonita i have reading your posts you sound like your under a lot of stress, could you try some relaxation ie in the cuticle picking i was writing about these hypnotism cds i was doing - would you like more info? but if its not that try biotin it has made a real difference to my thin, slow growing hair!

Banned from WH Array

I would suggest you to consult well known dermatologist ASAP until don't try anything scrap that is available in the market.

Junior Member Array

Hi All,
    Sorry for the late reply.. Been busy lately.

Stress...yes.

Well, hair is still falling out majorly. I've started on vitamins, but will be going to the Doctor next week. Just had to wait til Hubby went back to work.

It's really embarrassing... I leave a trail of hair wherever I go, on chairs, in cars...It's terrible!
    And very scary.

i take biotin, its supposed to improve your hair and nails (also horse's hooves if anyone is interested) good luck with the doctor, how was your trip to the city? has your mare had her foal, arent horses pregnant for two years or something?

Junior Member Array

Its normal for us to lose a couple hundred strands of hair a day and you can lose more so if you have a vitamen deficiency and/or are under a lot of stress and honestly it always looks like your losing way more hair then you actually are. It can also be an indicator of an underlying medical problem such as hypothyroidism...It definitly would be a good idea to go to your doc and have him check you out

Junior Member Array

Thanks.
    I wonder if it had something to do with me going off the pill & trying to get pregnant?
    Maybe hormones going bonkers?
    I just know the amount I'm losing is atleast 4 times what I usually do..my hair is VERY noticibly thinner.
    My skin is also acting up, which isn't fun!!! Which made me think about the hormones?

I **WILL** make the appointment with the Doc. It's just hard to find the time...
    MAKE time, I guess.

Happy_ending....The trip was ok. I found out that I LOVE going on a plane & the more turbulance the better! Go figure, I must be insane!LOL But it was fun. The rest of the trip was pretty ordinary...
    My mare foaled 2 nights before I went away! GOOD GIRL Beautiful healthy filly & she's perfect. I was up & down every 20 mins that night, but was there to help if needed.
    Oh & mares are preggers for 11 months.

glad you enjoyed your trip - glad you have such a considerate mare, and a nice healthy foal - it will be your turn next!!! - well not a foal LOL!

WH MODERATOR Array Beautiful Disaster's Avatar

I lose a lot hair.....enough that I have to clean it up daily or my sink looks like the shop floor of a hair salon. I've always been this way. I take vitamins daily, including Biotin. My hair isn't thinning though....oddly enough,so I suppose it's just something that happens to some.

I agree with the others that excess stress can contribute, along with hormonal changes. I also agree though, that you need to see a doctor just to get things checked out, especially if you're trying to get pregnant. It's better to start off with a clean slate.

My mom got pneumonia last year to the point of being septic. There was little over the size of a fist left in her lung left free of infection. Luckily, she got better after several months of treatment. But shortly after that, she started to lose tremendous amounts of hair. Eventually it stopped. Dr's said due to the infection, her body was in shock causing the hair loss. Have you experienced any major illnesses?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast