Forum:

Thread: Pain in Right Armpit, radiates to upper arm, right breast

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array CrystalChord's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Pain in Right Armpit, radiates to upper arm, right breast

I just noticed it yesterday, and I didn't think it would be any real cause for concern until I saw the word "cancer" and now I'm freaking out.

Yesterday I noticed an ache, like a strained muscle or pinched nerve in my shoulder (towards the breast area, the side of the arm pit closest to your chest. The pain radiates down, in what feels like a straight line, through my right breast and also straight across under my right collarbone. I also get pain in my neck on the right side, and my upper arm. My right hand gets sweaty occasionally as well, especially when handling the mouse.

I have bad posture from sitting at my computer all day (since I am at home all day and there is nothing to do). My left hand supports my head most of the time and is tucked close to the rest of my body, while my right arm is stretched down and out across the desk and bent at the elbow to move the mouse, because the only room for the mouse is right in front of me.

I have also been arguing with a lot of people lately (mainly my mother, and yesterday my boyfriend), which has been causing me a lot of stress. I also have been packing and moving boxes to the garage so that I'm ready to go back to college this saturday.

Recently (within the past four days), I've been trying to train myself to sleep on my back, but I will wake up in the morning flat on my stomach, my head turned to face left, and my right arm bent over my head.

I have very dense lumpy breasts naturally (since I am a DD/DDD cup), and I don't know what would feel like an "abnormal" lump. But I didn't feel anything abnormal in my armpits.

I'd really like to know what is going on, and if I'm just bringing all this aching and pain on myself, or if I have something more serious going on.

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array CrystalChord's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quick update: I only seem to feel the pain in my underarm/breast area when I am sitting at my computer. When I am standing with my arms at my sides, or if I sit up straight at my computer, I feel the ache less. I still have the arm pain/muscle tiredness however.

I have been getting what feels like heartburn recently, since Sunday night. It comes daily between 2 and 4 pm and I don't start noticing it going away until about 10pm to midnight when I go to bed. I haven't been eating properly, and usually if I eat ANYTHING, it's mozzarella string cheese, peanut butter (1 tbsp), an english muffin with cream cheese, or Organic Vitamin D enriched whole milk, to name a few examples.

I also have been seeing a number of zits/ingrown hairs coming up on both my breasts, but they appear on the underside of my right breast (I have about 5 total there) and on the top of my left (There's about four). I don't know if that's related or not.