Forum:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Left Nipple Hurts =(

VIP Member Array ebon_valentine's Avatar

Default My Left Nipple Hurts =(

Okay, so I went to the doctor about a month or so ago. I have weight problems and whatnot and earlier this year I didn't have my period for almost seven months. (I was definitely not pregnant, I'm not sexually active). Anyhow, she ordered bloodwork and blah blah...-in short, I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). I don't know if anybody else here has this, I didn't search. Either way, that's not my question. Yesterday I went back and she wrote me a prescription for Metformin which is supposed to help lower blood sugar, l guess, which is part of my PCOS. I am taking that along with another medication that I've been taking. I got my prescription filled and took the first pill this morning. I laid down, watched a movie...and when I stood up, my left nipple hurt. It's not like a searing pain or anything like that, it's just very tender and hurts when I poke it. The nipple isn't hard but l take my bra off it looks hard. My right nipple is just fine and dandy, nothing fancy going on over there.

So l guess my question is....could this new medicine, Metformin, cause this? And if not....why is one nipple tender but not the other??

Veteran Member (800+ posts & member 1 year+) Array Goodgirl93's Avatar

Oh my goodness! I have PCOS as well! And I'm not on metformin right now,but my left niple gets very tender and my right nipple is fine.to me it feels like a rash on my left nipple. Maybe its just something to do with pcos?? Hmm. Well anyway me and you should keep in touch! Get to know eachother because I don't know anyone with pcos.so it will be nice to share stories!

ahh! goodgirl! i think this is the beginning of a be-a-utiful friendship!! have you ever brought it up with your doctor? how long has it been going on? does it go away and come back? it hurts!!!! =(

but i like you =)

Triple Diamond Member (3,000+ posts & member 3 years+) Array

Could it be hormone related?

well i was actually just doing some reading on other forums (i googled PCOS and sore nips) and i found a forum that was all about PCOS and a lot of the women in there complained about sore nipples! so it is related to hormones.

i go back to see my doc in four months. i think i might wait until then, but if it persists or gets any worse (because it seriously hurts to like...brush accidentally) then i might head back sooner.

thanks<3

I think it could be! and no I haven't yet. It started I had my surgury last may.I had to have a cyst removed because of my pcos.that's how I found out I had pcos.then a few months later,occasionally my left nipple gets very sensitive,and hurts like crazy! I have to take my bra off just so it doesn't rub against my bra.the last time it happened was Sunday when I was in the mountains.I was in a lot of pain cause I had to keep my bra on.yes,it comes and goes. What about you? How often does yours hurt?

Aww I like you too.

it just started today! and i don't think it ever hurt before. i mean....i think i would remember it hurting like this...ever. lol. like...(you're gonna think i'm so weird) but i was like squeezing it and it didn't start to hurt until i got down closer to the nipple. the whole rest of her was fine and dandy, but like from my nipple to like two inches up was painful.

like i said...i'm going to try to wait it out. if it's super occasional and only lasts for like a day....i might be able to deal. but if it happens like once a month....i don't think so. i just hope i don't have to head back to the doc sooner than planned, i feel like i spend all my time there already =\

Oh tell me about it!! I'm in the doctors a lot too. It sux. I wonder if there's some kind of medication they can put us on. And if it started today I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow.I hope it will be!

thanks chickarita! i hope so too. it's kind of awkward to see your friends and push them away from hugging you because your boobies hurt =(

Oh I bet. That must be extremely awkward.well keep me informed tomorrow on how ur feeling.does ur nipple kinda feel rashy?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast