Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feel drunk but I'm sober/ANY info is appreciated

Junior Member Array

Default Feel drunk but I'm sober/ANY info is appreciated

I have been searching high/low for info on what is wrong with me and just this evening found some posts on another site but they are all from 2004. For about 5-6 weeks now I have been trying to figure out how to describe my symptoms. Today I realized it feels like having had a few drinks but I have not drank anything in quite some time. Headaches are quite bothersome and I've had trouble with the left side of my head and some of my left arm. By the end of the day it is all I can do to make it to an earlty bedtime. Mornings are best, but like this morning it was only about 15 to 20 minutes before it became prominate and became slightly worse as the day wore on. It has come and gone for the last few weeks and today it's been with me all day - today is the first day it hasn't left me at all. Since the beginning there have been 5 or 6 very sudden and very strong episodes that slowly righted themselves after a couple of minutes - though they never fully go away - it's so hard to explain. As time goes by it stays with me more and more and then today it never went away. It has gotten worse over time and I greatly feared a tumor until I found these posts I mentioned. (All their extensive tests came back negative and they have just been living with it, for years, some of them.) I've feared little strokes, tumor, you name it. Blood work is normal. I'm to see a neurologist next Friday.

Have ANY one of you heard of or dealt with this? From what I gather from these other folks they never found out what it was and have had to live with this with little or no help. For some it has become very debilitating.

I hope to hear from you

Stacey

Also: Went to the eye doctor to rule anything out in that area - he said my eyes were all good (all 2 of them, lol). He mentioned migraines... he said they can present with no pain - I have never heard of that. He said they can show some other unusual symptoms, though. Has anyone ever heard of this?? (Migraines without pain)
    Last edited by Salinwa; 04-20-2007 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Added info

Junior Member Array

that's odd... but when i got a kidney infection in december, i also had the feeling of being drunk a few times lol. it was the strangest thing, i felt a bit tipsy and my eyes were doing that wierd thingy that drunk eyes do, where they have issues focusing on one spot. i've had a few of these issues.... but unfortunately those other issues were linked to something more for me. but i seriously doubt that the drunk feeling was anything more than the kidney infection. have they checked that out? for most people it can be very painfull, but in my case it took several weeks before it felt like anything more than a dull back ache. i would have them check out infections of all sorts just to be safe. good luck!
    jamie

Junior Member Array

Default Update - went to Doctor

Dr. visit went okay I guess. MRI is normal. (My attic is not empty) He said he thinks it''s migraines. (silent migraines?- - I can't remember what kind of migraines he said) I can see that is probably correct but I think I'm going to find another doctor. He gave me Topamax in a very low dose to start with and wants me to see him again in 3 weeks. I went to Topamax.com last night and I don't think I'm going to take it unless I get a second opinion first. I can explain what I have going on to other people and they (some of them) seem to know exactly what I mean but he didn't seem to understand anything I was telling him. I don't think I want drugs from a doctor who doesn't understand what I'm telling him. Just how much does this guy know about migraines if he can't understand what I'm telling him - if he can't understand what I'm telling him then how does he know to say it's migraines. I think he is giving me drugs based on a guess.

That is the update. I'm just not too impressed with him. I spent the entire time trying to explain to him what is going on I didn't realize until after I left I still had a lot of unanswered questions. What about the attacks......how does he know it's not ssomething else or this or that......how is this medication going to work - how long do I have to take it.

I think if it does come down to that I will try to find some alternative methods of dealing with this - I know there are other ways. He did not even discuss options. That alone tells me I may not want him for my doctor.

Junior Member Array

I get painless migraines. Have for years. Mine manifest as dancinung lights in my eyes.I become very nauseous. Have to lie in a dark room sometimes for hours before it goes away. When it occurs, I have blanked out vision in some areas of my sight. Have to pull over if I'm driving.

Junior Member Array

Default feel drunk but sober

Well, this very interesting! I have had those same symtoms for a while now. I do have something "they" call Burning Mouth Syndrom but I have not found a connection to that. I have had migraines years ago but after visiting a chiropractor they went away, or so I thought, till I read your notes. I do believe that my BMS started just about the time I started visits with a new chiropractor. I have not been able to connect that either. I have been told however that a lot of the symptoms, I have, (
    BMS or the drunk feeling is anxiety and panic attacks. I thought I had dealt with those too but perhaps they are all tied into each other. I am a supplement taker and have about zero confidence in the "doctors" of this world. I did have an appointment with a holistic doctor this Thursday but Iwill have to reschedule. I have been under the care of some heralists in my home town. I think I am going to contact them and check all of this out. I will let you all know what I find and PLEASE let me know what you find too. Thanks for the info so far. Diana

Junior Member Array

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Salinwa View Post
    Dr. visit went okay I guess. MRI is normal. (My attic is not empty) He said he thinks it''s migraines. (silent migraines?- - I can't remember what kind of migraines he said) I can see that is probably correct but I think I'm going to find another doctor. He gave me Topamax in a very low dose to start with and wants me to see him again in 3 weeks. I went to Topamax.com last night and I don't think I'm going to take it unless I get a second opinion first. I can explain what I have going on to other people and they (some of them) seem to know exactly what I mean but he didn't seem to understand anything I was telling him. I don't think I want drugs from a doctor who doesn't understand what I'm telling him. Just how much does this guy know about migraines if he can't understand what I'm telling him - if he can't understand what I'm telling him then how does he know to say it's migraines. I think he is giving me drugs based on a guess.

That is the update. I'm just not too impressed with him. I spent the entire time trying to explain to him what is going on I didn't realize until after I left I still had a lot of unanswered questions. What about the attacks......how does he know it's not ssomething else or this or that......how is this medication going to work - how long do I have to take it.

I think if it does come down to that I will try to find some alternative methods of dealing with this - I know there are other ways. He did not even discuss options. That alone tells me I may not want him for my doctor.

Have you had a thorough health evaluation by a doctor- heart,blood, and glucose? I have suffered from all types of migraine for over 40 years and are mostly tied to my period, my daughter's triggers are stress,loud noise and bright light, and my friend's triggers are food-chocolate,wine and cheese. Migraine symptom's can evolve over time and can present in at least three varieties. I've had them all and am looking forward to menopause and hopefully an end too the headaches. You might want to do some research online. You may find similarities to your type. One thing is troubling me though, I have several friends who developed adult onset diabetes who also felt drunk without the alcohol and who had fatigue. Also if you are having pain in your jaw or down your arm, it could be heart related. So,I agree with you, that doctor seemed like he was rushing through your appointment without getting all the facts. I would get a second opinion. Best wishes.

Junior Member Array

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Salinwa View Post

Have you had a thorough health evaluation by a doctor- heart,blood, and glucose? I have suffered from all types of migraine for over 40 years and are mostly tied to my period, my daughter's triggers are stress,loud noise and bright light, and my friend's triggers are food-chocolate,wine and cheese. Migraine symptom's can evolve over time and can present in at least three varieties. I've had them all and am looking forward to menopause and hopefully an end too the headaches. You might want to do some research online. You may find similarities to your type. One thing is troubling me though, I have several friends who developed adult onset diabetes who also felt drunk without the alcohol and who had fatigue. Also if you are having pain in your jaw or down your arm, it could be heart related. So,I agree with you, that doctor seemed like he was rushing through your appointment without getting all the facts. I would get a second opinion. Best wishes.

Arrow I'd watch your diet first.

especially if you cannot afford to go to a Dr. I've had hypoglycemic reactions like that{our society loads up on sugars too much anyway}, and many things can cause headaches, bad ones, especially caffeen withdrawl or dehydration itself.
    Conscious Manifesting
    in rainy Oregon

Junior Member Array

Smile I Know How You Feel

For the past three weeks I have been feeling exactly the same, with the same fears that you have, my left arm feels weak to and feel I have to stretch it or massage it all the time, I was even pinching my skin to see if I have any feelings, I can't describe what my headaches are like, it's not pain as such but more fuzziness and my left eye feels weak too sometimes, I've been doctors so many times all I am told is that it is stress and tension because I was getting neck pain too, I've been waiting till today because I thought I may be pregnant but after a test and my period coming on that is not the case too, the one thing I remember before getting all these symptoms is that I had jacket potato with Cheese the night before, I'm wondering whether it's the cheese or other dairy products that make me feel like this, I don't know about you but i can fall asleep standing up, i am constantly tired too, if you get any help please let me know.

Azra

Junior Member Array

You might want to get tested for Lyme Disease if you haven't been yet. I just found out I have it (total surprise - I'm not much of a nature person), and I get headaches, extreme fatigue, dizziness/feeling woozy, stiff neck, and muscle and joint pain. I was also feeling confused and getting tingling sensations in my hands and feet before I was diagnosed. I didn't know much about it before, but it seems to be a lot more prevalent that people think.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast