Forum:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overly Tired all the time

Silver Contributor 100+ Posts Array Winged_Muse's Avatar

Default Overly Tired all the time

So lately i've been noticing I've been getting really tired in the middle of the day and I don't know why. I get tired around 3-4 in the afternoon but i'm okay after I eat dinner. Since I don't have a job currently besides working on freelance graphic design projects once and a while, I don't get up till 9 or 10 in the morning. I usually try to go to bed at around 12:30 but sometimes it's a bit later and I read before bed, all the time. The other morning I woke up at 8 in case the place I had gotten hired at (then all that fell through, long story) called since I had left the manager a message on her phone but noticed I wasn't as tired. I'm not a morning person by any means. It takes me a long time to wake myself up even if I set an alarm to get up early.

I eat a healthy cereal in the morning, then for lunch I make a fruit smoothie using at east 5 different kinds of fruit, some milk and then some yogurt and I will have something small a long side like a sandwich or something (using whole grain bread of course). Normally I don't snack during the day much and then I eat dinner. I've found that after biking at night, I'm tired but it's a good tired.

Right now it's 6:30 PM where I'm at and i'm pretty tired but I know why and that's thanks to my 4 year old niece bringing me her head cold or whatever it was she had.

Any ideas?

WH Moderator & WINNER OF BEST THREAD MARCH & JUNE 2011- Don't mes with Mes T Array Mes T's Avatar

Do you possibly have some iron deficiency? Or deficiency of something else for that matter, like vitamin D? You seem to be quite healthy but you never know... The former is quite common in women, especially those who have heavier menstruation.

I honestly don’t know. I’m on Birth Control and have been for almost 3 years now. My menstrual cycle is actually pretty light thanks to that but it was never extremely heavy even when I wasn’t on birth control.

I am slightly over weight which brings in the bike riding but my weight stays the same even with the excessive bike riding. My fiancÚ and I do about 8-10 miles a day, sometimes less on days when I just need a little bit of a break but even then we do at least 5. I’m only 20 years old and I’ve never had this problem before. When I was in high school, I used to get up at 6 and then I’d be out by 2 but even then I got tired.

WH Assistant Head Moderator Array LanaBear's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What about vitamins? Do you take a multi vitamin during the day? I can tell a difference when I don't. I feel much more tired and worn. I take a Multi-Vitamin, Calcium + Vitamin D, Vitamin C and Zinc supplements daily.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

No, I take no vitamins at all besides what I get from the fruit and yogurt/milk I add to my smoothies each day. I get a ton of Vitamin C (Which I don’t get why I’m getting sick currently). The only vitamins we even have in the house is Vitamin C tablets.

The only pills I take during the day are my heartburn pills twice a day and my birth control. Once and a while I take advil but only if I need it.

Blog Entries

I would suggest trying out a multi vitamin then. It may do wonders for you. It can help get you any vitamins and minerals that you may be missing in your daily diet.
    Friendship Prayer
    May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.
    Amen

Whoever said anything was possible obviously never tried slamming a revolving door.

Alright, any recommendations on what to get?

Blog Entries

I normally take GNC's Women's Ultra Mega, but if I run out before I get down to pick more up, I'll take Centrum Ultra Women's. Heck, right now I'm taking my kids chewable Flintstones due to not being able to swallow whole pills for a while. They are all pretty comparable.
    Friendship Prayer
    Amen

August 2011 Poster of the Month Array Little.Chuck's Avatar

I agree with the Vitimin D deficiency suggestion. I have low Vitamin D levels and tend to get very very tired. Also alot of people tend to get tired at 3-4 o clock, it has something to do with your natural instincts and your body clock. Just wanted to add, that you should ALWAYS talk to your doctor before starting any multi vitimins as you can overdose if you already get enough and it can and does make people quite poorly. Particularly Calcium overdose. Even if you just ring your doctor and ask for their advise over the phone, Its better than doing nothing.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. - Mary Anne Radmacher

APRIL 2011 POSTER OF THE MONTH Array ItsASecret's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Also alot of people tend to get tired at 3-4 o clock, it has something to do with your natural instincts and your body clock.
    Yes, it is called the post-lunch dip and it occurs because of our individual circadian rhythms. The time I get really tired is from 2-3.

Aside from iron and vitamin D deficiency there is the chance you have low thyroid activity. You can experience lethargy and general fatigue all the time while still eating well and keeping active.
    There are those who believe that dictionaries should not merely reflect the times but also protect English from the mindless assaults of the trendy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast