Forum:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: nose pain and swelling

Junior Member Array

Default Nose pain and swelling...

I am also so glad to find this thread. I was looking yesterday and could find nothing on nose inflammation, but today looking for nose swelling I found this (thanks to Google).

If any of you who've posted could let us know the outcome and what you found it to be, what helped, when it went away.... that would be great!

I started to notice a small pain in the middle of my nose 2 days ago, thought maybe it was a pimple inside or something like that. The second day it felt more sore and swollen. Both sides of my nose got bigger and it was red and bumped up in the middle of my nose, near the top. Like someone else said, it felt like someone punched me in the nose! Today it still hurts and looks big and red.

I do have allergies and they're getting worse these days. Advil does help and I have some Allegra D I'm taking from a year ago. Just stopped nursing baby thankfully (she's 13 months) so I'm free to take whatever.

I don't have insurance, and am procrastinating as well. Also taking some vitamins to maybe help ward this thing off--echinacea, C, garlic, grapefruit seed extract, apple cider vinegar, and oregano oil. These are home remedies I've used in the past for sinus infections and they did work!

So it sounds like maybe antibiotics are needed. Don't like taking those, but I guess sometimes you have to. I must say it's nice to see other people experiencing the same thing, even though it's no fun!!

Junior Member Array

Antibiotics have nearly killed me before, I'm using a Neti pot, get relief almost immediatly, I use sea salt. I take no drugs nor have I for years, if others take them, fine, they have just not done me any good.

Junior Member Array

Default Nose Pain

So I have had this pain on my nose for over a week now. I tend to use homeopathic remedies but my headache was so bad from the pain at the bridge of my nose that I went to the hospital and they gave me pain killers, and little did I know that they also included cortizone. Anyway, the pain did decrease for a while and they took xrays thinking it was a sinus infection. But the xray came back clean. This was on wed and its sat and the pain is still there. I am hoping to go to an ENT on monday bc the pain is getting tiresome. Plus, I think my nose is even a bit swollen. DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY ENLIGHTENING NEWS ON THIS WEIRD PHENOMENON???
    sammi

Junior Member Array

Exclamation It IS cellulitis

and you really need to go to the DR or ER, especially if swelling starts or your eye starts to feel pressure. I have had this TWICE - had sinus x-rays both times which were negative... This happens easily if you blow your nose too hard (as with allergies) or pick it or attempt to squeeze a blemish on your face... Just picking it once can scratch the inside of your nose and allow bacteria to invade...

Antibiotics are the only thing that helps and some cases are even becoming resistant to many of those...any pain/swelling or redness in the nose can quickly spread to other areas and the blood or brain - this is NOTHING to play around with... Seriously.
    Felix_Loo likes this.

Junior Member Array

Lightbulb ****update****

Just had a two day stay over in the hospital for this...AGAIN! It cleared up on one side, was sent home and then it started on the other side... am on TWO diff antibiotics now at the same time, but they feel that it's origin is actually in 2 infected teeth and that this won't stop until I get all the dental work I need done and those teeth pulled. So, if any of you have had dental pain/problems in the past prior to this that weren't taken care of (or had teeth pulled recently even) - that could very well be the underlying cause...

Just hoping this helps someone who may be looking for causes as I was when I first found this forum many months ago... **hugs**

Junior Member Array

Default Nose pain and swelling

On Monday it started with sneezing, running nose, itchy & watery eyes, then by Monday night I notice my nose was very sore and tender. By Tuesday I could not touch my nose for it was swollen, tender, red, and on Wednesday I started running a low grade fever of 99.9o and having chills. It is Friday July 4th and my nose is still swollen, tender and it down right hurts. Does anyone out there know what this is?????????????? If so, please let me know. Thanks
    Kay Grandgeorge

Junior Member Array

Default Nose pain and swelling & tenderness

I wrote yesterday July 4th about my problem with my nose being swollen, tender, red and it down right hurts to the touch. Does anyone out there knows what this is??????????? If so, please share with us who has had this problem. It has come out of no where for me. Help!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Kay

Junior Member Array

Wink I had the nose pain and swelling and found relief!

I had the nose pain and swelling 12 days after being diagnosed with a sinus infection. I took antibiotics and finished the antibiotics after 10 days on a Friday. When I woke up on Sunday morning, my nose was sore and somewhat swollen (it felt like I had been punched in the nose!). By Tuesday, after nose pain and swelling, I went to see a couple of doctors to find out what the problem was. They x-rayed my nose, but they didn't find anything out of the ordinary. The ENT doctor gave me the NeilMed sinus wash squeeze bottle (which can be found at Walgreen's for $12.99) and a prescription for Nasonex (nasal steriod spray). By the next day I felt relief. Now, the pain has diminished and the swelling is down but I am significantly better after the sinus wash. I use the squeeze bottle twice a day, then spray the steroid twice a day after the sinus wash. The tenderness is almost completely gone. Hope this helps anyone who is experiencing the same symptoms of nose pain and swelling.

Junior Member Array

Angry Nose Pain

Cera,
    I hope you find out what is causing the nose pain because I have the same symptoms. My nose is sore to touch, it's swollen, and it aches. When it starts to ache, I know that if I don't take some ibuprofen, it's going to cause a very bad headache.

If someone finds the cause of this problem, I hope you let both of us know. I can't go back to the doctor until after 1/1 because of insurance issues. However, if it gets too bad, I'll go and just pay for it!

Junior Member Array

Default this problem after a bloody nose

I was glad to see this forum, as I have a similar problem and haven't been able to find any other place that describes it.
    I had a very bad bloody nose about 3 weeks ago--ended up going to the ER because it was very profuse for 3 hours +. They used a device to put pressure from the inside--this was placed way up my nose and inflated until it put enough pressure. It was HORRIBLE and was to stay in 3 days. They gave me Keflex (anitbiotic). The 2nd day I couldn't stand it so went to the doc and he removed it. Had a bit of swelling and pain, as well as headaches, but it seemed like it got worse then better.

Then 2 days ago, I noticed my nose was REALLY sore and seems swollen, this is the bridge of the nose. It feels like the cartilage is sore and swollen but I didn't think that the cartilage could be swollen. It feels firm though, not puffy. Wearing sunglasses hurts! Also, I got a really stuffy nose that night. I used Afrin and it was better within 20 minutes--I was able to sleep after that. Last night, suddenly about 9:00 the stuffiness again. I used Afrin again and it helped right away, but the soreness/swollen nose was really bad, so I took pain med that they gave me at the ER so I could sleep. Today it's really sore still, and I'm wondering if I have the cellulitis that other posts say they ended up with. It sure doesn't feel like a sinus infection, I've had plenty of those. I have to look up the cellulitis to see what it is, but sounds like it might be an infection therefore I'd need another round of antibiotics. I wonder if it would make it worse to wait a few days to see if it gets better on its own?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast