Forum:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: nose pain and swelling

acm
    Junior Member Array

Thumbs up Get IMMEDIATE relief from Zinc Swabs!!

To all,

My wife pointed me to this article (yes...I'm a guy, I hope that is OK) because I had been having this same thing for a few days. It was so bad last night I could not sleep. I'm at 18 hours on Antibiotics for a sinus infection, but it was worse...not better.

Then in reading this forum, along with a couple more, I read that someone suggested using Zinc Swabs, and it gave them near instant relief. So, I broke out the Zicam swabs, swabbed away, and sure enough, almost instantly the symptoms started to go down. Literally, 20 minutes ago I could not touch my nose it was that painful. Now, it stiff hurts, but NOTHING like it did. Absolutely amazing! Please try this. I don't work for Zicam...I work for Dell, so I don't have anything to gain from this. Just try it...I hope it works as well for you.

Junior Member Array

Hi I found this post late last night. I too have had the same pain for a couple days so I did go to the Medi clinic. Well these can be the causes says the doctor- ingrown nose hair(eww) pimples, MERSA, staph infection. I had Xray done, found nothing. No sinus infection so I was given antibiotics and sent home with these directions, if I develop a fever of 101 go back immediately, take medication for 7 days if no relief come back in a week. So I hope it goes away, feels like a broken nose and oh so tender will keep ya posted.

Junior Member Array

Wow...this is really weird...the same thing happened to me only 3-4 days ago. The pain started at the end of the bone area in my nose. It felt like I had bruised it or something. Then the next day...it felt like I had been punched. Now two days after that I have noticed it is slightly swollen, and very painful to touch...I cringe at the thaught of having to blow my nose of sneeze. It is even painful to smile at this point. I tried putting vicks vapor rub just above my lip..in hopes that it might loosen something....but like everyone else here....I didn't really have any symptoms of a cold or anything....but now I am having very slight runny nose, and congestion. I haven't been to the doctor yet...that is sort of hard to do considering it is the weekend....but I will be calling one first thing Monday morning.

Junior Member Array

I woke up 5 days ago with horrific nose pain. Finally on the fourth day I woke up to a swollen nose much more pain and redness. I was scared and went on to the internet to search nose pain. I read all the threads and saw most had similar symptoms but only one entry with the same diagnosis as myself. After reading her entry I went to the ER.
    I went to the ER 4/1/09 and as soon as the doc saw me he said FACIAL CELLULITIS. It does not go away on it's own. If any of you are still suffering please go to the doctor. You can't cure this without antibiodtics and this can spread through your body.
    I have had three doses of meds and I am still in some discomfort. I do not think that anyone with these symptoms are suffering from allergies or sinus infection.
    If your nose pain is more than a few days and consistent, please get yourself checked. Check out this web site for more info on this condition.
    Last edited by CHANDLERS WISH; 06-12-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: outbound links not allowed

Junior Member Array

I had exact symptoms as you and when I saw your entry I went to the ER and sure enough it was facial cellulitis. I am now taking meds and so glad I found this forum. Thank you.....

I had terrible pain in my nose redness and swollen. The meds and hot compresses have been helping. How were you after you took your meds? Did you have any further problems?

Junior Member Array

Default where did this come from?!

About 4 days ago I woke up with an extremely stuffed nose, abnormally stuffed. I have never had an issue with my nose before. Not thinking anything of it, I used nasal spray and continued on with my day. Well the passed 4 days everything has worsened. My nose has this lining of aweful hard boogers (sorry to be gross) on the inside of my nose, that it is effecting my breathing. Every night I have had to use nasal spray just to be able to breath with my mouth closed. I looked with a flash light just to find swollen stuff in the very back of my nose, Im assuming its glands or sinuses. and of course, when I blow my nose to be able to breath blood and boogers come out. Even when I try to pick one out so I can breath the booger seems bloody and vainy. UGH I dont know what this is or what to do. I just think it would be embaressing to go to my doctor and have them look up my nose...Can anyone help!

Junior Member Array

I'm posting this reply to share a natural remedy that worked for me last week. I was all set to go to the ER in the morning because I feared some kind of serious infection. I've had topical and nasal mucosa infections before, but this was different. It felt exactly as many here described--like having been punched in the nose--Not the skin or the mucosa, but the bone hurt, plus some topical swelling. Anyway, the night before I was to go to the ER I tried applying tea tree oil and lavender oil topically. I've used these with great success topically and on nasal mucosa before. The next morning the area of the pain and tenderness had shrunk noticeably, whereas it had been increasing steadily up to that point. I kept it up three times per day for the next few days, and the affected area continued to decrease in size. I also applied only the tea tree oil inside my nose to the mucosa. I applied the oils after a hot shower or warm facial washcloth to better open the skin pores. Again, I am sharing a natural remedy for those who may be inclined to try it. But I was totally prepared to take some serious meds for this immediately if it hadn't reversed. I felt like this one could have spread right up into the brain. Very weird and scary. If I didn't know my own body so well and felt the infection reverse, I would have definitely been on antibiotics in a heartbeat.

Junior Member Array

Default painful nose

my nose is really sore , especially across the bridge of my nose. I have just had bronchitis and i am about to finish antibiotics for it. But over the last few days my nose has become very sore and tender to touch. I have no discharge and a slight headcahe. Its werid i have never had this before and i am not allergic to anything. I have booked an appoinment for the doctor so hopefully i will get it sorted. Paracetmol has help a bit.

Junior Member Array

Smile Nose pain - like being punched in face

I have read all of these posts and feel like most of you have the same symptoms as me. About 9 days ago, I woke up with very mild tenderness on the bridge of my nose and thought maybe I had injured it the day before somehow, but doubted it.

Day by day, it worsened until the point the pain woke me up at night. The cartilage portion of the nose, right where it meets the bone is the worst. Pinching the cartilage in my septum is also extremely painful. So it's not so much the skin tissues, but the cartilage that is so painful.

I have no associated symptoms of allergies or sinus infection. No sinus pressure, no runny nose, no sneezing, no fever. I finally went into the doctor yesterday, with some embarrassment because of this weird 'nose pain' complaint. I should also mention that I'm a 30 yo male (is that okay? ) firefighter with no serious health problems other than very mild colitis.

The doctor was stumped. He saw what he called "major swelling" in my nose, but no polyps, protrusions, or redness. Advil was helping control pain and reduce swelling enough that I could breathe better. He ordered an X-ray to rule out some type of trauma, but I guarantee it is not a traumatic injury.

Today I woke up with even more pain, especially on bridge of nose where cartilage meets the bone, more swelling and some slight redness. I called the doctor and he prescribed me Augmentim, thinking that maybe it's a staph infection. If symptoms don't improve in 2-3 days, they think it may be MRSA. Great.

I'll post again on whether this is a staph infection, facial cellulitis, MRSA, or whatever and is responsive to anti-biotics.

Junior Member Array

Default P.S. Do not use Zicam!

Forgot to mention this: please do not use Zicam or other Zinc-laced swab-type products directly into your nose. I saw one other use post that this product works miracles. Actually, it could really harm you.

These products have been known to cause permanent loss of smell, even after one use. The FDA issued a recall on this product in June of 2009. Refer to the FDA website for more info. Stay safe out there!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast